Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Robot Battle Royale [tournament complete]

95 posts in this topic

Wait, wait, wait. 3 on 1 and I'm the bad guy?!

Can I gattai with Barkbot's leftover parts and obtain a ride that way? =D

*equips the Corkscrew and gets to work*

ROUND 7 RESULT

The coverage from the arena floor has now come through.

Gratuitous Mansex, and Scrawny McSquishy both attacked Little Kayke and both missed!

Little Kayke hit Scrawny McSquishy for 1 damage!

ROUND 8 RESULT

Gratuitous Mansex, and Scrawny McSquishy both attacked Little Kayke - Mansex missed and Scrawny hit for 1 damage!

Little Kayke hit Scrawny McSquishy for 1 damage!

ROUND 9 RESULT

Gratuitous Mansex, and Scrawny McSquishy both attacked Little Kayke - Scrawny missed and Mansex hit for 4 damage!

Little Kayke explodes into pieces!

FINALE

With two combatants remaining, all they can do is duke it out until only one is left standing.

At this stage, both robots only can hit each other for 1 damage. Scrawny's hits are guaranteed to land, while Mansex has a chance to miss each time. So, it works out that Mansex needs to land 4 hits within 9 attempts - Scrawny needs 9 hits to destroy him. The rounds unfolded as follows:

Scrawny    HIT    HIT    HIT    HIT    HIT    HIT
Mansex    MISS    HIT    HIT    MISS    HIT    HIT

FINALE RESULT

Gratuitous Mansex is the sole survivor! With just 3 HP left, he's looking battered and smashed, but he has emerged victorious!

Also, here are the stats of everyone:

MmMikgM.png

And now that it's over, the way Doge worked was that if your Dodge was higher than the attacker's aim, they had only 75% accuracy. If your Dodge was double, it went to 50%. Triple and above became 25%. Fortunately, I capped it at that, otherwise Scrawny may as well not even have bothered attacking Kayke.

There was a few times where Speed was an advantage. But yeah, evidently you only needed 1 speed and you'd be ahead of like everyone.

Guess I messed up by investing in speed, hm.

It's okay. A dog-bot with wheels on its feet is super adorable.

1 person likes this

LOOKS LIKE WE COULDN'T HANDLE HIS GIRTH

1 person likes this

I was the second-fastest machine in this competition.

Seriously, what the hell guys?

I was the second-fastest machine in this competition.

I guess you were quicker to shoot your load than most. >.>

But with my endurance I can shoot many more loads before tiring.

I had the last laugh anyway. 17 HP for the win!

I knew I should have just kept shooting you all the way.

You could have taken me down in 3 hits.

But you'd have taken almost anyone else in 3 hits too.

Really, I'd have been served far better if I'd just dumped defence for EVEN MORE HITPOINTS since armor values only made a difference with Timey.

I realize it is actually better to invest in HP than Defense because both do the same thing, but each point in HP ups 2 points instead of 1.

I realize it is actually better to invest in HP than Defense because both do the same thing, but each point in HP ups 2 points instead of 1.

In a metagame with many high-attackers, Defense works harder for you over the long run.

It's only effective if you pair it up with a decent HP count to save yourself from scratch damage.

It just happens that defense kinda sucks in an arena full of stone walls. If everyone went YOLO and rolled with Dunkmaster or Mansex-type bots defence would be fairly valuable.

Anyway in the same way as the Resistance, this was the simpler version of something more ambitious, which I again will not be able to run anytime soon. A persistent robot fighting league where you earn money and exp to upgrade your robot. People suggested specific weapons and all, and so that's where that may come in. It'd be something like one or two battles weekly, where two robots are randomly matched and fight based on predetermined tactics (which would remain the same each time unless you say otherwise, so players would not necessarily need to actively participate every time).

Here's a link to the system I found: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=19583

Anyway, this may be possible to run as a team effort. It's no different to DnD in that there'd just be an element of trusting that they report an accurate roll. People could also potentially enter multiple robots.

But yeah, if that sounds interesting, we can see about it, since we could make it not such a big workload for just one person.