Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

The Resistance [game on]

143 posts in this topic

(this is a party game similar to mafia)

The Resistance

The world is ruled by a despotic empire. Over time, a resistance has formed. While progress has been slow in past, they've grown to the point of becoming a real threat. Imperial spies are seeded amongst the resistance, and they have uncovered vital information: the resistance is about to undertake a series of missions that will ultimately topple the empire once and for all. No time can be spared to weed out spies, lest this opportunity escape. The resistance will go ahead with its missions, and hope to prevent the spies from sabotaging them.

Gamplay

There are two phases to each turn: Team Building and Mission.

Team Building Phase

In the Team Building phase, the Leader (chosen at random first, then each turn the next person in line becomes the Leader) must choose players to go on the Mission. The Leader can choose themselves as one of the Mission members. All other players then vote to approve or reject the chosen team.

If the team is rejected, the next person becomes Leader and chooses their own team, which is again then put to vote. After 3 rejections, there will no longer be a vote, and the Leader's choice will be final.

If the team is approved, we move to the Mission phase. This phase will last until a Mission team is approved, at which point I will reveal the Mission results as described below.

Mission Phase

In the Mission phase, the makeup of the Mission team will decide whether the Mission is a success or failure. If the team is all Resistance members, it succeeds. If there is even a single Imperial Spy on the team, the mission fails. Spies may choose to allow a Mission they're on to succeed, in the interests of strategy. However, to do so, they must PM me with that instruction before the Mission Phase. 

Successful Missions give 1 point to the Resistance. Failed Missions give 1 point to the Empire.

Objective

The Resistance members aim to succeed in 3 Missions, while the Imperial Spies aim for 3 Missions to fail. 

The general idea is that when a Mission fails, people must then try to guess which of the Mission members caused the Fail (ie, which of them is an Imperial Spy trying to saboutage them). Spies can opt to let a Mission succeed, in order to build their credibility.

Nobody dies in this game. If you think you know who the Spies are, you just need to make sure they're excluded from Missions.

Everyone can chat in this thread. The Spies will be informed of the identities of other Spies, but they will not have any private chat.

I have not placed any time limit on voting, since it is also the chance to discuss and debate suspects.

Players

There are 4 Resistance members. There are 3 Imperial Spies.

- TriOctium

- Wstfgl

- Kyo

- Sean

- Noia

- Ice

- Nikkia

Resistance: 2/3 points

Imperial Spies: 2/3 points.

Games blah blah join blah blah

Coincidentally I have played a card game that runs very similar to how this game goes.

Game join yada yada yada yada

If I end up as an Imperial spy I'm going to complain that I'm being pigeonholed.

Coincidentally I have played a card game that runs very similar to how this game goes.

The IRL version of this IS a card game, largely because with cards to hide and shuffle and all, there needs be no player sitting out to moderate, unlike the forum format.

If I end up as an Imperial spy I'm going to complain that I'm being pigeonholed.

About half the players will be Spies, so pretty good chance for anyone to be one.

Okay, about 24 hours left for signups, and we need at least one more person in order to proceed.

Too late to sign up? Taco talked me into it o.o; hope I'm not intruding o.o;

Mkay x3 I loved the last game I played so I'm excited to see how yours goes :3

Okay, signups are over, you're all in. There are 3 Imperial Spies among you. I'll be notifying them of who they are immediately after this post. Anyone who does not get a PM is a Resistance member (aka the good guys).

Remember, all discussion must take place in this thread. The Spies DO NOT have a private chat together, though they will know each others' identities.

MISSION ONE

The Resistance's first mission is to assassinate the head of the Empire's Security Bureau. With him dead, the change in leadership of the Bureau will result in password resets and potential policy changes. In this way, the resistance aims to use that chaos during the leadership change to strike other secure targets. The Bureau Head is to be dining at home tonight - he usually works late in his office. It's an excellent chance to take him out while his guard is down. He won't have too much security present while trying to have a family dinner for once, or else his wife nags him about bringing his work home with him.

We need 2 operatives for this mission. TriOctium will be the Mission Leader. Please select your team (you may choose yourself).

As soon as he has announced his selection, everyone should vote on whether they support his team choice. It takes 4 approvals (ie the majority of 7 players) for the team to go ahead. I'll set the mission in motion as soon as the team is approved.

Kay guys. The plan is to blow up the Death Star. Any questions? No? Good.

Who's with me?

You're meant to pick people, not ask for volunteers. I'd let it go but it's sort of important to see who the Leader tries to choose.

Oh, I wanted to see who would volunteer. If I were to pick...

Sanzi and Kyo. The Fuyukaba Student Council can't possibly screw up a simple thing like blowing up the Death Star.

No objections on my end; can't start pointin' fingers till we get some data ~

Laying here trying to think of something to say than a measly "I approve" But uh. Yeah. Guess that's all anyone can offer so far :( soooo *British accent* I approve.

I totally trust you.

Not.

But I'll let this go ahead.

I have no objections to this plan either. 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

The Empire Security Bureau chief was killed in the middle of his family dinner by armed assailants. TriOctium and Sean burst into his home and blasted him and his security guards with a torrent of gunfire, before leaping out a window and catching onto ropes from a helicopter waiting to evac them. The actual cause of death wasn't the gunshot wounds, however. He fell face-down in his soup and drowned before bleeding out.

One point to the Resistance. They need two more points to win.

MISSION TWO

With the Security head dead, his office is scrambling to change passwords and access codes. Now is our best chance of infiltrating the security bureau and installing keyloggers on their main terminals. This will allow us to gain all future passwords and sensitive data, without as much risk involved as when they're operating business as usual. We'll have two of you pose as technicians to get inside, do the job, and get out. We'll have one more waiting in a van outside to help calibrate the spying equipment and serve as the getaway driver.

We need 3 operatives for this mission. Wstfgl will be the Mission Leader. Please select your team (you may choose yourself).

As soon as he has announced his selection, everyone should vote on whether they support his team choice. It takes 4 approvals (ie the majority of 7 players) for the team to go ahead. I'll set the mission in motion as soon as the team is approved.