Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

The Resistance [game on]

143 posts in this topic

I would like Nikkia and Noia on my team. Yay or nay?

Only if wst is the crotch of this pineapple espresso!

Of course I'm the crotch.

How could I be anything else?

So our team will be made of me, Nikkia and Noia. Since the majority has voted in favor, we should commence shortly.

Something will explode very soon.

1 person likes this

FISSION MAILED

The mission seemed to unfold smoothly. The infiltration was successful, the installation went off without a hitch, and everyone made it to the getaway vehicle intact and undiscovered. Upon returning to the base, the resistance examined the data being sent to them and attempted to decode it. However, as the decoding program completed its work, it soon became clear that we've been had:

GwX3b04.jpg

The data is useless, an Imperial Spy has clearly ruined the mission. It could've been the driver who configured the devices, or either of the two sent inside to plant the devices may have reconfigured them. It's unclear which of the mission team is at fault. I guess the resistance will have to take some time to throw blame around and decide on what to do next time.

One point to the Imperial Spies. They need two more points to win.

MISSION THREE

With the technological espionage having failed terribly, we've decided to focus on more analogue methods. There's a high security prison that the Empire keeps its political enemies in. There's many of our supporters there, and if we can free them, it'll bolster our ranks considerably and allow us to attack in greater force in future. While there, we'll also have the chance to expose the conditions and corruption to the general public - particularly, we can shame the Empire's political allies who've had their own rivals dumped in the prison. With their reputations in danger, such allies may withdraw support from the Empire as our campaign continues. We'll need people of both force and tact.

We once again need 3 operatives for this mission. Kyo will be the Mission Leader. Please select your team (you may choose yourself).

As soon as he has announced his selection, everyone should vote on whether they support his team choice. It takes 4 approvals (ie the majority of 7 players) for the team to go ahead. I'll set the mission in motion as soon as the team is approved.

Hmm. Interesting.

I guess ill pick Sean and Timey along with myself. Me. And Sean seemed to work pretty well as a team last time and timey was smart enough to pick us. So let's just see how that works out.

We shouldn't send anyone from my previous team on the next few missions where possible.

I'm on board with Kyo's choice.

You got my vote. Can't disagree with something that makes perfect sense. Haha

While I approve of this team I feel we should probably discuss the last mission's failure. If DD is going to follow the current pattern the next mission will require 4 members... 3 out of us 7 are Spies so we'd have to pick every single one of the real resistance members in order for it to succeed... which, while not impossible, would be really hard. Especially since the only info we have is that either Wst, Noia or Nikkia is a spy. Best case scenario they are all three spies and we pick the 4 remaining members, but if one of them is innocent we might be screwed when we need 4 members for the team.

Of course this only applies if we'll actually need 4 members.

Well, even if we don't need 4 the next round, we'll need them eventually. Since this team seems to be safe, that would mean we already have 3 confirmed innocent right? (I'm on my phone so please correct me if I don't have this team copied right) : Kyo, Sean, and Taco. So unless someone 'lied', only one more person is innocent out of me, Nikkia, Noia, and West. Since each one is going to claim to be innocent, it's useless for me to say I'm the fourth innocent(even if it is true) and that be believed. But we do at least have this narrowed down. And it'd be a good tactic to put all the Spies in one group(like West did) to make it more difficult to pinpoint who it was that ruined the mission. So I just vote that we keep those three off our missions all together. But that's just me.

I get the feeling the next mission may turn out to be a flop too.

If not this may be the easiest forum game ever presented. (Or we're really just that lucky)

But either way, assuming both missions turned out to be a failure,  6 out of all 7 of us would be under suspicion. And there's no way to prove our innocence aside from just claiming to be one, from what I know of at least. We can't do some magical maths shit and attempt to deduce it properly due to the wild card that is 'Lying'.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

The chosen operatives successfully broke into the prison and detonated explosives inside. In the ensuing chaos, the guards were overwhelmed by the prisoners, and the majority of the prison population managed to escape before military reinforcements arrived to quell the scene. The government news reports began reporting that the explosion sounds and fire plumes visible on the horizon were just the results of military drills. However, the resistance hijacked their broadcast signal and then relayed the real story. Our sources report that many influential members of the social elite have had their support of the regime shaken - they may be persuaded to support the resistance should we uprise in full force, for the sake of restoring their reputations through heroism should the resistance succeed.

One point to the Resistance. They need one more point to win.

MISSION FOUR

We've almost done it. This time, we're going to launch an all-out assault on the Emperor's palace. Should we capture it and the Emperor, we'll have cut the head off the empire and can restore power to the people. It won't be easy though. We need people to infiltrate beforehand and disable communications and security systems. We need leaders to rally our troops and command the battle proper. We need glib tongues to bring the social elite onto our side and to squeeze them for any assistance at this crucial moment. If this mission succeeds, we'll have achieved our goal.

We need 4 operatives for this mission. Sean will be the Mission Leader. Please select your team (you may choose yourself).

As soon as he has announced his selection, everyone should vote on whether they support his team choice. It takes 4 approvals (ie the majority of 7 players) for the team to go ahead. I'll set the mission in motion as soon as the team is approved.

I suggest you grab Ice as your last member, now that you need one more person in addition to your old team.

At least one of my team is an enemy agent, and it's better not to take chances.

Of course, this runs the risk of Ice being an enemy agent, but it's either her or someone from my fishy team.

I'm quite confident Sanzi, Kyo and Timey aren't spies right now, as if I were a spy I wouldn't deliberately succeed twice, it's cutting things way too close.

...Damn I'm bad at this.

I'm still kinda sure someone in the Sean/Kyo/Time team's lying, but since I've nothing to base my accusations with...

Assuming Wst is right, and all three of them are clean, I'd make the final resistance member. That'll mean Ice/Wst/Nikkia are spies.

Based on that I'll... have to go against it. 

Sorry Ice.

|:

Well, for all I know, you're a spy. Frankly, I'd say none of the three of us can be trusted, which is why I suggested Ice.

You might be right about the Sanzi/Kyo/Timey team having a traitor.. But it must be one very ballsy traitor to let two whole missions pass.

Well, we'll see what Sanzi decides.

Ye...

Even if I did get in, if my guess about S/K/T's right, the mission will fail anyway.

I guess I'm just feeling morally obliged to at least put up a mild struggle in favor of the Resistance.

s'up to him to choose though, yeh  :ph34r:

So, if you suspect one of them of being a spy, who do you think it is?

I'm inclined not to trust Timey as he's a smelly liar, as two previous Mafia games have already shown.