Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ack!

Referral Contest

27 posts in this topic

REFERRAL CONTEST

Do you like free money? Do you like Surreality? Do you like being an upstanding citizen? Before you answer, I'll answer that for you... OF COURSE YOU DO! So how about you participate in the Surreality Referral Contest! :D

THE RULES

There are a couple of rules to follow for the contest. Read below, and be sure to ask any questions if you have them!

• No spamming. I don't want our members going off and spamming other forums or emails or whatever. That's just (lol) bad form.
  • In order to get credit for the referral, make sure your referral puts YOUR username into the referral field when they sign up! We can't log who got referred by who in any other way.
  • The referral must at least VALIDATE their account before they count to your tally. To help in spam account reduction, all non-validated accounts are set to be auto-deleted after a few days. To make sure you get credit, they need to activate their accounts first!
  • No cheating. So help me god if I find out you're registering all these accounts yourself. >(
  • People you have referred prior to the contest start date DON'T COUNT. Sorry, bros (but thanks!).
  • Old members count. That's right. Even if they were on S*T back in the day, I'll still count bringing back any oldies!
  • All members (excluding myself) can participate in this contest. Staff, student, new registration... This should be a competition all can participate in!
  • You must be able to provide me an email so I can email you your prize. Seems silly, but some people are kinda reluctant to do that.

THE PRIZES

Yeah okay... So what makes this a contest? WHAT DO I WIN? You win money, fool. More specifically, Amazon gift cards, because what garbage CAN'T you buy on Amazon?

• First Place: $25 Gift Card
  • Second Place: $15 Gift Card
  • Third Place: $10 Gift Card

Depending on how many people you refer, I might add an extra $5 for every 10 people that you've referred. I'll edit this later in the contest as I see how active we're being!

START YOUR ENGINES...

You have from August 30, 2013 - September 30, 2013 to flood our boards with people! :)

Ah I don't mind not getting the referrals from my bros and brochicks who joined when I asked.  :3

But hey guys, you better get your friends a-joinin' or I might sneak in one of those prizes!!

#SWAGisMINE

I should be a hot shit at this lol

Cool idea, thanks Ack

Val should be banned from the contest for saying swag. jus' sayin'.

3 people like this

Yeah! Pain, you bring good people. Please pump the referrals in! :D

Good point, Kyo. WATCH YOURSELF, VAL.

1 person likes this

Yeah! Pain, you bring good people. Please pump the referrals in! :D

Good point, Kyo. WATCH YOURSELF, VAL.

Ah man, I better, huh? Cus I mean... yo--

Awww I invited someone before the contest xD, oh well I will look for some more...I play a game where people role play heavily. (some of them could use the help to better themselves but..) I will see what I can do...

Don't you people want some free money! We have about 6 referrals at this point. We need more! :D

1 person likes this

I spammed two anime-related groups I am in on FB, so expect some anime geeks to flood this board.

Got a couple more in the past couple of days. Too many ties. Let's start bring in some people, guys! :D

Grawp why did I just have to graduate now I can't pressure my friends in person. :[  TO THE INTERNETS!

Why not!? You can still role play in the Students forums! :E

Why not!? You can still role play in the Students forums! :E

Whoops, I should have clarified which kind of graduate I meant xD Yeah, IRL I just graduated from college, so I can't bug my pals about it. But I will totally RP anywhere here, and I am ultra happy I am a S*T graduate! Nyuuuuuo don't make a sad face D:

OH! Haha, now I feel silly. Well congrats on that anyway! WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD (it sucks out here)

Never feel silly! I have done far, far sillier things... and THANK YOU! So far it is slightly boring and filled with existential unease from being in a drawn-out state of transition. Hoorah. But yes! As to not completely derail this important thread, I once more state my intention to trumpet the awesomeness of this site to the virtual world.

1 person likes this

All right! We have a clear leader right now, but second place is currently tied, and we have several in third place tied. Come on, you butts! :D

I think you're one of the ones tied in third. ;P We have a clear 1st and 2nd placer right now. :)

And the contest is over! I'll be posting the winners tonight! :)

:O I'm excited to hear I've managed to refer nobody! :(

Sorry oh great lords of the Internet, I have failed you.

Well, there will be a next time because this went so well! So maybe next time!

We had an AMAZING 22 referrals during this month! GREAT JOB GUYS! Thanks to Valentine, Jmb1, Pain, Nikkia, Rubberrazor, Izanami, Miser, Gajeel, Loki, AnimeFreak, and Blackfrost for recruiting members! YOU GUYS RULE!

So now for our winners...

First place is VALENTINE with a whopping seven referrals! Great job!

Second place is JMB1 with three referrals!

Third place was a three way tie between Pain, Nikkia, and AnimeFreak, all with two referrals. I ran it through a randomizer and PAIN is our third winner!

Congrats everyone, and thank you for helping us out! I will be running another one of these shortly because it worked out so great. :) <3

Congratumalationz you gays, I mean, guys. #soreloser