Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Turn 6]

363 posts in this topic

Actually, the game could still go on if Zhuge Liang sided with the Rebels, but yeah in the current situation it is getting a little hard for the Rebels to win.

Although this game was adapted from an existing card game, the original game was Turn-based, and had specific cards for each action (eg. Strike, Parry, Wine etc). I changed it up by allowing everyone to attack at the same time for the forum setting, but it became clear to me after a few rounds that the action-packed gaming that was present in the real card game wasn't transferred over to the forum version. Perhaps this was the wrong game to translate.

In any case, I guess I can end the game here, since the general feeling seems to concur that it should end. The Emperor and the Generals win! Congratulations! The player roles were as follows:

Sanzi (Cao Cao) - Emperor

Noia (Hua Tuo) - General

Demonic Gate (Lu Bu) - General

Ice (Xiahou Yuan) - Rebel

DayDreamer (Sima Yi) - Rebel

Ethereal (Jia Xu) - Rebel

Wstfgl (Diao Chan) - Traitor

Kyoko (Zhuge Liang) - Traitor

Anyway, I'd like some feedback on future games. Do you think the lifepoint system was too draggy? Too much of a "race"? Would you prefer to go back to the original Mafia system of voting off players?

I think everything was fine except the race part. It was invigorating to try to get the upper hand first but I feel the way the game is set up kind of leans for the good guys winning every time. And, like this, it gets to a point where the game just has no purpose. I do like the life points though. They were stressful and fun to deal with :p they also helped give a better idea for planning things. Gave you something to base plans on rather than just leaps of faith.

HA HA. THE FLYING GENERAL LU BU ARISES VICTORIOUS! LIKE THERE WAS EVER ANY DOUBT! I SINCERELY ENJOYED THIS ADVENTURE.

In all seriousness, I had a tremendous time. I think this was the first time I've survived a game and on top of things came out victorious. And to make it all the best, I got to play one of the coolest people in history period. I liked the HP system very much, though I feel if pretty much everything was anonymous it would make it all the more suspicious and interesting in the future. Personally, I'd like to see a Sengoku Warring States game like this in the near future. But that may just be me. I leave you now with the theme song of the great LU BU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riVyHnMtf-0

I like that most people had the characters they wanted, such as Demonic Gate and Wstie. I mean, there's nothing more fun than playing someone you're genuinely invested in.

I sorta picked Diao Chan as a joke, but it was an amusing joke.

Was a little sore I couldn't really do much, but never mind.

Oh Diaochan my love, do not worry. Your kinky lover won the day~

Haha I feel ya, West. IF SOMEONE HAD SHARED WEAPONS THOUGH *glares*

Well it's a good thing we didn't isn't it?

The vote system for weapons seems kinda unfair in a sense, since it almost always leads to loyalists claiming the weapon. In other words, Timey hates Xiahou Yuan.

Sure, it's good to step away from RNG, but this game is kinda hard to run without some elements of RNG. Like, a lot of the tension in the original came from whether you could even attack/parry that turn to begin with.

But on a forum it's hard to simulate that well unless you expect Timey to hold on to a deck of cards and draw them for everyone at the start of each phase.

Oh Diaochan my love, do not worry. Your kinky lover won the day~

Well it's a good thing we didn't isn't it?

That all depends on who you ask :D

The vote system for weapons seems kinda unfair in a sense, since it almost always leads to loyalists claiming the weapon. In other words, Timey hates Xiahou Yuan.

Sure, it's good to step away from RNG, but this game is kinda hard to run without some elements of RNG. Like, a lot of the tension in the original came from whether you could even attack/parry that turn to begin with.

But on a forum it's hard to simulate that well unless you expect Timey to hold on to a deck of cards and draw them for everyone at the start of each phase.

Basically. I mean, really, there was never a chance in hell for me to get a weapon xD So my player kind of.... had little purpose o.o Except to "stay annoying and keep living" xD

The HP thing makes it too much a numbers game, especially with everything known, such that we could now work out that we can't win based on the numbers.

Also the roles didn't end up being to much end. There wasn't really anything to do secretly, we just had to come out and hope we had the stronger people on our side. The only way to scheme would've been if Sean had played badly and risked giving away each item. But he was never going to trust anyone. I'd suggest in future it must be given to a player rather than destroyed or kept for himself, that way there is actually some point to remaining hidden and trying to gain some trust. In hindsight, we should've just revealed and attacked instantly. Waiting did nothing but weaken us and give our enemies too many items.

And I really didn't like the public striking and all. Too much pressure to actually be online near the end of the phase to make decision based on the latest info. More than once my action turned out to be not what I'd have wanted to do, because of people changing targets while I was asleep. I'd at least suggest targets should be secret.

Yeah that's what I said Day. If it was secret it wouldn't have been so...easy to manipulate.

The HP thing makes it too much a numbers game, especially with everything known, such that we could now work out that we can't win based on the numbers.

Also the roles didn't end up being to much end. There wasn't really anything to do secretly, we just had to come out and hope we had the stronger people on our side. The only way to scheme would've been if Sean had played badly and risked giving away each item. But he was never going to trust anyone. I'd suggest in future it must be given to a player rather than destroyed or kept for himself, that way there is actually some point to remaining hidden and trying to gain some trust. In hindsight, we should've just revealed and attacked instantly. Waiting did nothing but weaken us and give our enemies too many items.

And I really didn't like the public striking and all. Too much pressure to actually be online near the end of the phase to make decision based on the latest info. More than once my action turned out to be not what I'd have wanted to do, because of people changing targets while I was asleep. I'd at least suggest targets should be secret.

I absolutely agree with this. All of it. And yes, the rebels should have came out in the open earlier and I kind of figured that out but by how 'loyal' everyone was acting, I didn't dare risk coming out only to be struck down alone. With no secrets, besides the roles, this game was incredibly...well, difficult for me at least. I had waaaaay too many worries floating around in my head for it.