Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Turn 6]

363 posts in this topic

Each Firebomb will need 1 use of Wine on the target. Meaning that if you want to Firebomb a target 3 times by 3 different players, the target needs to have been Wined by 3 other players. Otherwise the extra Firebombs will fail and deal no damage.

Of course, if you have 3 players constantly Firebombing the Emperor every turn I think their allegiance is pretty clear.

You don't even need 3 turns. Just 1 turn of someone Firebombing the Emperor is enough to suspect him/her.

Also, may I recommend that our esteemed Emperor pick one target and we can all strike him/her? Talking won't get us anywhere. 

Thing is, firebombing is activated via PM, so it's unclear if we'll actually know whodunnit.

Yup. Basically the PM thing is to prevent people from withdrawing their Wines once they see someone else Firebombing the same person. It is also to make Firebombing a risk - because you could be Firebombing a target with no Wines used on him. By the start of the next Turn everyone will know who Wined and who Firebombed.

Also, players who Firebombed can't Wine or Parry, so the best way to prevent Firebombing is really just to Strike people.

Emperor, may we commence beautiful combat in your name? Maybe you shouldn't pick sides just yet -- let us fight it out while you save your strength!

We need to purge those rebels. I don't like the sound of a Devil Tactician, he sounds like the kind of guy who might be a rebel.

Speaking of which, you rebels ought to get your act together~ You'll win more easily as a united front, you know~

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, oh, I was just having a sleep. Your conversation was so dull I found myself drifting off.

It makes more sense to give the weapon to anyone else rather than Cao Cao keeping it for himself. Consider its effect. The person must openly Strike someone, in public here, who others may have given Wine to, to get any benefits from it. So, imagine you give the Fan to Lu Bu, and he goes to attack Cao Cao with it. We will all see that, and his allegiance will immediately become clear. Moreover, Hua Tuo's healings do not trigger firebombs, so assuming Hua Tuo is loyal, he would be able to heal Cao Cao such that the Fan would have no effect at all.

It is more useful to give the weapon to someone, that you may see how they use it.

If they attack anyone but the Emperor though, we remain in the dark, and might have handed a powerful weapon to someone on the wrong side.

I do believe we're not going to start attacking the Emperor at once, though. The Rebels might as well take the chance to wipe out his servants (and friendly Traitors) while he remains unsure of who to trust.

Anyway it's time to start hitting on -- I mean, hitting people. For now, my first strike will be aimed at The Murder Advocate as he advocates Murder. And that's terrible~

Honey, you should make a move too before your masochism is the death of you~

The point is, whoever they attack, it will provide insight into their loyalties. And as I said, the Fan only has an effect if the target was also healed by Wine. That means, the wielder must attack someone that someone else has healed, which could put them against 2 others.

The alternative is that two people nobody cares about fight, one using the Fan to negate the others attempts to self-heal, and when their target dies, we will know whether it was a General or a Rebel/Traitor, and can deal with the fan-wielder accordingly.

We won't know much if we attack anyone but the Emperor, since we don't know who each other are yet.

We don't need weapons to be issued to dangerous dissidents just to find their allegiance.

My lovely Diaochan, please don't bring bedroom antics into the war council~ You'll make me look strange~

AHEM. I THE BURLY LU BU CONCUR WITH MY DARLING. JIA XU IS THE MAN I SHALL ATTEMPT TO STRIKE.

We won't know much if we attack anyone but the Emperor, since we don't know who each other are yet.

We don't need weapons to be issued to dangerous dissidents just to find their allegiance.

Yet? We will never know until many have died. Imagine you and I suspect each other, and I manage to kill you. It turns out you're a General. Then everybody kills me assuming I'm a bad guy. Then it turns out I'm a General too. We just didn't know we were on the same side.

Having realized that, though, I must conclude the Fan is rather useless then. Even if someone kills someone else with it, it's as you say: we won't learn anything of the attacker's allegiance. I did not expect wisdom from a beauty.

Give the fan to my lord Cao Cao then.

Ya know, I think I change my vote on who the weapon should go to. I vote for it to go to myself(still phone;no color). It makes sense for the weapon master to have a couple weapons. Especially since that's what my skills revolve around.

HA. SO THE TRUE COLOR OF XIAHOU YUAN COMES OUT. WELL THEN. I, THE HUMBLE LU BU, BEQUEATH MY PREVIOUS VOTE FOR EQUIPMENT TO THE MAGNIFICENT EMPEROR CAO CAO.

A mere warrior and his adulterous mistress dare mock the title bestowed upon me by the Emperor. You have the audacity to question my loyalty in the presence of this court after you two betrayed your previous liege, Dong Zhuo, That you two are here in this court is no coincidence. I will not stand for this affront to my dignity and threat to my lord.

I shall not Strike at all. After all, we have a wisdom saying, "å›å­åŠ¨å£ä¸åŠ¨æ‰‹ (the wise person uses his tongue but not his fists)."

Also, the best tactic is obviously to have only the Emperor hold onto Equipments and destroy the rest. That way, there's no chance of it falling into the wrong hands.

Ya know, I think I change my vote on who the weapon should go to. I vote for it to go to myself(still phone;no color). It makes sense for the weapon master to have a couple weapons. Especially since that's what my skills revolve around.

So you can pull it out later and use it against us?

We shall remember this.

So then we go back to everyone else being unable to work for him because we're not equipped?

Or I could use it to attack the rebels and traitors, who outnumber us -.-

You... do realize you can strike without a weapon, right?

And you do realize you can do more than just strike, right?

I, THE HONEST LU BU, WILL NOT DENOUNCE OTHERS FOR PREVIOUS ACTS, AS THEY HOLD NO BEARING ON THE CURRENT AFFAIRS. MY FOSTER FATHER WAS HATED BY ALL AND WILL NOT BE MISSED. SLANDERING THE TRUTHFUL LU BU IS ONE THING, BUT SLANDERING A WOMAN FOR ACTIONS OF LOVE IS BENEATH EVEN THE MOST VULGAR PERFORMERS.

IF YOU HAVE A SHRED OF DIGNITY RETRACT YOUR STATEMENTS NOW FIEND, AND PERHAPS THE FORGIVING LU BU WILL ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY.

The miracle physician's wifi got firebombed really bad ~
Keeping this short

I'd rather the emperor play it safe till I get a couple wines to get my heals going. Either take the fan or destroy it I guess

Also if we're hitting people I'm nominating diao chan. it's hard to get people to band together against one random person and vote a strike against him or her
Why don't you open it as a free for all like real life?

Edit
After re reading I realized strikes don't need votes
Mybad
I'm getting diao chan then, on phone can't colour

I am skeptical of attacking Jia Xu. His abilities are not particularly dangerous at this early stage. Forces everyone to only be able to heal themselves? Forces everyone to cast their Strike? They don't seem particularly useful for mischief. The only dangerous aspect is the part that prevents anyone from Parrying, and that is far from the most dangerous effect available among those gathered here. And his abilities are once per game, and must be recharged by a death.

I am concerned about Diao Chan and Lu Bu. Lu Bu is of course by far the most dangerous warrior. While his health goes down over time, it'll be a long time before he's down to our level, and even then his abilities are still incredibly dangerous. He's someone who could potentially succeed in an open assault on the Emperor, at an opportune time. Likewise, Diao Chan can redirect damage and has survivability with the damage to her being halved. And those two seem to be forming a team together.

Two hard-to-kill people with good damage potential cooperating = bad times for all. For instance, I can't even strike them by myself now, or the damage can be redirected to me, and they could strike me as well. I would be almost dead right away. The only way to attack them is to do so as a group, since they can only Parry 1 person at a time.

I'm not saying kill them now, but I am saying we should chip at them and weaken now so they won't be so hard to take out in future, should the Generals fall and the Emperor be left mostly alone (of course the Traitors want the Rebels and each other dead first, but they may not be able to coordinate properly against Lu Bu and Diao Chan before they weaken the Emperor severely - and in face, they would want the Emperor to be softened up a bit).

Lu Bu, it was not in your place, nor the common folks', to judge your lord. Only the heavens can judge the Emperor of men.

Love? I will not have the Emperor fall over that most treacherous of emotions. Say what you will, but we all know that you will eventually try to betray Emperor Cao. Furthermore, we know that you will fail and be executed by our Emperor in the end. Flaunt your temper while you can, cur!

it's hard to get people to band together against one random person and vote a strike against him or her
Why don't you open it as a free for all like real life?

Miracle Physician Hua Tuo, the Tactician speaks sense. Do you see any single one of us here capable to fighting either Diao Chan or Lu Bu on a 1v1 situation?

ALL THIS TALK OF SUSPICION ON ME IS TRULY A BLOW TO ME LORDS. I HOLD NO ILL WILL TOWARDS YOU, HOWEVER, IF ACTION IS NOT TAKEN THE REBELS AND TRAITORS WILL BE GIVEN OPPORTUNE TIME TO DELIVER FATAL BLOWS TO THE GENERALS AND THE EMPEROR. AND UNTIL EVERYONE'S ROLE IS BROUGHT FORTH NO ONE CAN TRULY BE TRUSTED SAVE FOR THE HEAVENLY LORD CAO CAO.

I MAY BE A MERE PEON TO YOU LORDS, BUT MY MIGHT SPEAKS TRUER THROUGH MY HALBERD. ATTACK DIAOCHAN AND MYSELF IF YOU SEE FIT, I CANNOT STOP YOU. WHAT I CAN OFFER IS ONLY MY WORD AND THE HOPE THAT YOUR HONOR AND DEVOTION TO THE EMPEROR WILL SHINE THROUGH AS BRIGHT AS MINE IN STRIKING NOW. I WILL NOT STAND BY AND WAIT TO SEE WHO TRIES THEIR HAND AT HIS IMPERIAL HIGHNESS.