Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Resistance 2: Avalon Version

315 posts in this topic

The Resistance

The world is ruled by a despotic empire. The Tyrant Emperor rules over the people of the world with an iron fist. The only hope lies with a small but resourceful group of rebels who have come up with a plan to bring down the Empire and stop The Tyrant Emperor's oppressive regime. However the team has been infiltrated by the Emperor's spies. Luckily the rebels know that there are traitors in their midst, but they don't know who. Hopefully they can pick the right people for the missions and stop The Tyrant Empire once and for all (or at least until the next game!) 

Gameplay

There are two phases to each turn: Team Building and Mission.

Team Building Phase

In the Team Building phase, the Leader (chosen at random first, then each turn the next person in line becomes the Leader) must choose players to go on the Mission. The Leader can choose themselves as one of the Mission members. All other players then vote to approve or reject the chosen team.

If the team is rejected, the next person becomes Leader and chooses their own team, which is again then put to vote. After 3 rejections, there will no longer be a vote, and the Leader's choice will be final.

If the team is approved, we move to the Mission phase. This phase will last until a Mission team is approved, at which point I will reveal the Mission results as described below.

Mission Phase

In the Mission phase, the makeup of the Mission team will decide whether the Mission is a success or failure. If the team is all Resistance members, it succeeds. If there is even a single Imperial Spy on the team, the mission fails. Spies may choose to allow a Mission they're on to succeed, in the interests of strategy. However, to do so, they must PM me with that instruction before the Mission Phase. 

Successful Missions give 1 point to the Resistance. Failed Missions give 1 point to the Empire.

If a mission fails I will state how many players on the team voted to sabotage, but will not reveal who they are.

Objective

The Resistance members aim to succeed in 3 Missions, while the Imperial Spies aim for 3 Missions to fail. 

The general idea is that when a Mission fails, people must then try to guess which of the Mission members caused the Fail (ie, which of them is an Imperial Spy trying to saboutage them). Spies canopt to let a Mission succeed, in order to build their credibility.

Nobody dies in this game. If you think you know who the Spies are, you just need to make sure they're excluded from Missions.

Everyone can chat in this thread. The Spies will be informed of the identities of other Spies, but they will not have any private chat.

I have not placed any time limit on voting, since it is also the chance to discuss and debate suspects.

Roles

The game will include Merlin, Perceval, Octa, and Morgana regardless of the number of players. If there are 7 or more players, the role of Lancelot is included however there needs to be 10 players of more for Ysbadddean to be included. 

Resistance Roles:

Merlin: Starts game knowing the names of all of the Spies except Spy Lancelot.

Perceval: Starts knowing the identity of two players, one of them being Merlin and the other being Morgana, but doesn't know which is which! 

Resistance Lancelot: Starts as Resistance Member, will always be on opposite teams as Spy Lancelot. Starting in round 3, it is possible through random chance that he will switch roles and therefore allegiance with the Rebel Lancelot. If there is a switch, the Resistance Lancelot will become the Spy Lancelot and vice versa. GM will notify each of them through PM. 

On Lancelots

Lancelot-switching is done by randomly selecting 1 of 5 numbers. 3 of these have no effect, while 2 switch the Lancelots around. Therefore, it is possible, though unlikely, that they will never switch, and also possible that they can switch and switch back again. They cannot switch three times, though.

Spy Lancelot may not SUPPORT a mission team.

Spy Roles:

Octa: In the event of a Resistance Victory, this player will get to state which Resistance Player he thinks is Merlin. If he chooses correctly, the Spies steal the victory. This player sends his choice by PM, and receives 1 single chance at this. Will know the identity of Morgana.

Morgana: Appears to Perceval as a potential Merlin. Knows the identity of Spy Lancelot and Octa.

Spy Lancelot: Starts as a Spy, will always be on opposite teams as Resistance Lancelot. Starting in round 3, it is possible through a random chance that he will switch roles and therefore allegiance with the Resistance Lancelot. If there is a switch, the Spy Lancelot will become the Resistance Lancelot and vice versa. GM will notify each of them through PM. 

Ysbadddaen: This player is a Spy, but he does not know the identity of the other Spies, nor do they know who he is. Will be used only in the event of a 10 player game 

Formalities

All communication between players must occur in the public thread. PMs between players are NOT allowed, neither are phone calls, talking in another thread, letting things slip while having a drink, etc. No private conversations about this game.

Each player is solely responsible for clearly communicating to the GM and the other players. This is especially crucial for the Leader. He has a number of statements to make in public, like his Mission Team proposals. These may be discussed in public beforehand, however, at some point a clear and final statement must be made.

Players

- TriOctium

-Ice

-HerculeHastings

-Wstfgl

-Noia

-Seanzilla

-Asura

-Pain

I'll check this after work tomorrow. Try and sign up asap as I will likely start this game when I get home tomorrow. 

Lose? Is that even a word? It's not in my dictionary.

OctyFact #1: My keyboard autocorrects 'lose' to 'win'.

Is that because you always forfeit before you lose just to save your ego? :O

*coughAkumacough*

*coughHulkcough*

*coughTeamRocketcough*

added Sanzi to the roster. Also added additional note about lancelot roles so please read. 

Oh, right right right. Uh, what was that again? The only game you've played with me ended how? Ooooooh, that's right. I was on the winning team and you werrrrreeee..... where again? LOST!

*coughAkumacough*

*coughHulkcough*

*coughTeamRocketcough*

*coughSithApprenticecough*

*coughResistancecough*

1 person likes this

Words are nothing! I shall prove myself on the battleground of Avalon! Come at me!

Alpha_3_Dan.PNG

Suuuure, why not.   Ive enjoyed reading you guys' progress in the other games.   might as well hop in on one.

woohoo. Keeping this open for a few more hours then I'll begin. Hurry up with any last minute sign ups!

Gettin' quite the turn out guyssssssssss

Anymore takers?? C'mooooon! You know you wanna plaaaaaaaaaay~

Please.

If it were that easy everyone would be my favourite.

JUST PLAY

you're mean

I HOPE YOU DIE IN THIS GAME

but i will play, yes

Game is now CLOSED for sign ups and will now begin. There are 3 Spies among you. They all know each other's identities. 

Those of you who have special roles have been informed. 

Now then on the the first mission:

Mission One

Lord Badguy is the Tyrant Emperor's most wise and devious tactician. His great mind is truly a huge part of what makes the Empire so powerful. However Lord Badguy has a penchant for wine and scantily clad women. He is visiting a seedy gentleman's club in the same town as the Resistance. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to assassinate Lord Badguy and cripple the Tyrant Emperor's force. 

Three people are required for the first mission. The first Leader is TriOctium. The mission will begin when all members have said yay or nay, and a majority vote for approval is made. After 3 rejections, the word of the 4th Leader will be final. 

Commence!

Take me! This time, I'm actually not a bad guy!