Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Video Games General

211 posts in this topic

What an honourable lad. I, too, have plenty of games that I do not have time for. Like my graphic novels, they sit around waiting for the day where someone might experience and love them.

But I can't gift most of them to you on Steam!... oh, but I do have an extra copy of Frozen Synapse.

Well my Steam pile of shame is enormous anyway, and I've extra copies of things nobody would ever want.

Unless somebody would like the censored Australian version of Left 4 Dead 2, where bodies vanish before they hit the floor and fire is invisible?

Basically whenever zombies are on fire, they pat at themselves and react as if they're burning, but you cannot see any visual effect, because THINK OF THE CHILDREN. It's functionally disadvantageous too because whenever they are set on fire they are instantly 'dead' already, so it can be hard to see which zombies are thus no threat and which are in fact still alive.

So what you're saying is that instead of lighting them on fire you infect them with a bad case of fleas and they die from it.

2 people like this

But what about the very first level? The hotel on fire... how do you avoid the fire if you can't see it?

Oh, fire in its natural habitat is visible. Just not when it's applied to a person.

TIL fire's natural habitat is a hotel. 

1 person likes this

Blackfrost... Have you ever seen a hotel WITHOUT a fire? Or vice versa for that matter?

Blackfrost... Have you ever seen a hotel WITHOUT a fire? Or vice versa for that matter?

No but that's mostly because in real life they know me as the serial hotel arsonist.

1 person likes this

Kyo gets all the points for mentioning Fire Emblem first. ♥ ♥ 

I haven't played Awakening yet, but I've played the GBA releases in the US and the Gamecube/Wii games. Oh, and a translated ROM of the FE6. Fire Emblem is my shiiit. 

Also, the Legend of Zelda. I NEED to get a 3DS so I can play A Link Between Worlds (also the new Pokemon). I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Zelda Wii U :C Is anyone else as crazy about Loas I am? 

I am! Though I have a love/hate relationship with Skyward Sword - that game did so much right, but so much wrong.

I actually tried fire emblem on an emulator once, and quite frankly I didn't like it that much...

Kyo gets all the points for mentioning Fire Emblem first. ♥ ♥ 

I get points too, I gave it to him.  :3

1 person likes this

Well maybe it's because the emulator stuff ruined the experience, but really didn't quite like it...

The combat was awesome, and I like the strategic side of things, and the death is permanent thing was nice...

But one thing I didn't like that very early in the game ( can't quite remember which I played, I was a girl and recently early I got some bird-riding girl as companion) I got a super awesome mega sword which only that specific character could use. And I was like, yeah awesome, new sword whoo... and then after a few battles I realised, that my very special, totally epic, mega super special mega sword had only 45 uses!

There were people who had spent their lives guarding a freakin sword which could hit someone 45 times before being destroyed, it made no sense and made me not want to use the awesome sword.

Next thing I didn't like was the whole 'everything on the battlefield' thing, I actually like to take a step back from the baddies and explore a town for a while. I want to decide who to talk to and I don't always want to be in danger of getting killed when I decide to talk to character X. The fact that the blacksmiths and whatnot were all on the battlefield too just made it that much more annoying. I wanna have the liesure of deciding to upgrade my gear when I want it, where I want it. And I don't like my budget-killing gear to break after only a few uses.

So no, I have played fire emblem, but thought it was just meh-ish.

Having a limited amount of uses on weapons is supposed to encourage strategic thinking - if every powerful weapon had infinite uses, a player would gravitate to using naught but that character+weapon to brute force their way through the entire game. 

Having a limited amount of uses on weapons is supposed to encourage strategic thinking - if every powerful weapon had infinite uses, a player would gravitate to using naught but that character+weapon to brute force their way through the entire game. 

Oh I understand the idea behind it, I just don't like it...

It makes no sense for a sword of the legends to break.

The only thing I didn't like about the FE game I was playing was that those who died stayed dead to which my response was ffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Zelda Wii U :C Is anyone else as crazy about Loas I am? 

Yes. Gods, yes. Did you get Hyrule Historia? 'Cause I did.

I am! Though I have a love/hate relationship with Skyward Sword - that game did so much right, but so much wrong.

Regardless of the right and wrong, it still made me cry like... well, I don't even know what. I have no point of reference for that. Twilight Princess did the same thing in the end (I have copies of that game for both GameCube AND Wii).

I'm not even bothering to buy a Wii U until there's a new Zelda game for it. >.>

Yeah, Fire Emblem can be pretty difficult with the permanent deaths and having to do your shopping, ah, on the go, and all that. But I love the shit outta those games. I think the difficulty just made me more determined to get through them. Maybe it just takes some persistence and getting used to how to approach the game to get past those things, I dunno. It was the first strategy game I ever really played, when I was ten or something, so I played it a lot. 

And re; the legendary sword, if you mean Lyn's (green-haired nomad girl), that sword ah.. sorta comes back later. So it's only meant to last a certain amount of chapters. I think, though, that if it actually breaks before that point, it might not be restored..? I'm not sure about that one. I always juggled back and forth a little, using the Mani Katti when she was going up against someone particularly tough, 'cause Lyn's critical hit rate is pretty awesome even without it iirc. 

And Valentine YES you do :3 My copy was a gift/hand-me-down too hahah. 

RESONANCE I don't have a copy of Hyrule Historia yet and it breaks my heart. I found a website with the translated version shortly before it was released here but I didn't want to look, I want the physical copy ;__; I looked at my friend's a little and it's beautiful

Also, I kinda wanna know what you didn't like about Skyward Sword, Bleck. There were things I disliked too, like how the surface world was set up and how the game just seemed really methodical, I guess. Also fuck the Imprisoned so hard. (Except tbh I haven't reached the very ending of the game yet. I set it down right before the end for some reason, months ago.) 

EDIT: 

Also, Twilight Princess is pretty much my favorite Zelda game. A Link to the Past and OoT are close behind it but yeah. I know a lot of people disliked it for some reason or another but I thought it was brilliant. 

Mainly playing Guild Wars 2. I have a guild that I run and that's been keeping me busy. Rome II: Total War comes out on Tuesday and that's a game I've really been looking forward to.

The Star Citizen hangar alpha came out this week. Been checking that out. All you can do is look at your ship  and interact with it a little bit. I took some screenshots of my Constellation and 300i. Feel free to check them out: http://poisontaco.imgur.com/all/

EDIT: 

Also, Twilight Princess is pretty much my favorite Zelda game. A Link to the Past and OoT are close behind it but yeah. I know a lot of people disliked it for some reason or another but I thought it was brilliant. 

Yesss~ I love OoT, but there was something so delicious about Twilight Princess that made me favour it more. I wish the game had been longer. That was the only complaint I could really have. I think I loved everything from the style (random blockies <3) to the darker feel of it. I would play a lot more Zelda games if they were in that similar vein.