Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Video Games General

211 posts in this topic

That's true Bleck... Especially when the metagame, at least from what I've seen, relies heavily on status conditions. Losing the ability to hold berries is kind of a big deal.

Tbh, though, I am most excited about the idea of being able to connect on some level with the Pokemon. I've always felt that was missing from a game that's show is so based on co-operation and friendship and I hope that Amie isn't JUST a gimmick. It would be nice if it had a true benefit to the player/pokemon, alongside just the cool thing of being able to feed/care for your pokemon. What can I say, i'd love to care for pokemon if they were real. I'd want to battle and be good at that too, no doubt. But there's something about caring for them too that is just too enticing. 

On that note, does anyone here actually play pokemon games often? I love to battles and whatnot. 

And I know ack! is pretty big into pokemon cards, if anyone else was interested in that.

Tbh, though, I am most excited about the idea of being able to connect on some level with the Pokemon. I've always felt that was missing from a game that's show is so based on co-operation and friendship and I hope that Amie isn't JUST a gimmick. It would be nice if it had a true benefit to the player/pokemon, alongside just the cool thing of being able to feed/care for your pokemon. What can I say, i'd love to care for pokemon if they were real. I'd want to battle and be good at that too, no doubt. But there's something about caring for them too that is just too enticing. 

Yeah, it would be nice to have some elements from other monster raising games (Monster Rancher, especially, comes to mind) be integrated into the series. It really lends a lot of character and emotion to the overall experience.

I played DPP a lot. I also remember beating ack! online (and falling in love with the loveliest voice ever). I'll probably end up playing X&Y like crazy, so I'd be up for battles with anyone who has the game.

I miss the Monster Rancher games... BUT, maybe this will fill the void if Amie is anything like it.

Oh shut up, Sean. You kiss ass. <3

I love the idea of Pokemon Amie too. I have never really been into the side stuff in Pokemon (movies, dress-up, etc.). This looks like the first feature I'd be really interested in.

I am VERY much into the card game, and if anybody wants try out http://www.pokemontcg.com/, I can probably fill up a mule account with some staples and build some decks. There's always PlayTCG.com for those that understand the rules but don't want the card restrictions. :)

As for the video game, I just play with anything that's cute... So my teams will never be competitive. Haha.

This is a great little video of a preview of Pokemon X/Y guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u29_tpA920I

So hyped for this. Glad i've got Diablo III and GTAV to keep me going until Oct 12th.

The pokemon, battle backgrounds and the world in general just looks so alive.

Once i've played this, i'll never be able to go back to an older Pokemon game. lol

I wish I could play Outlast so bad. Alas, my laptop is not exactly up for much gaming, and I only own a Sexbox 360. It looks so freaking awesome I guess I will just have to watch Pewdie and Cry play through it.

WHY IS THIS THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD OF A NEW HORROR GAME.

Not that I have the balls to play it... Looks like Zien will be getting a new game soon.

I'm just finding out about that, too, and... oh my. People are saying it's scarier than Amnesia or Silent Hill 2. Ooooh.

I've only seen the first hour or two of gameplay and I can confirm that it is pretty scary. Not sure whether I'd say that it is scarier than Amnesia though, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

I am bad at horror games because I'm a little pansy but I have to...

1 person likes this

Ahhh  Pokemon...   I honestly haven't been into it since 2nd gen. I still play my old games a lot, but can't (or maybe won't?) pick up any of the new games... I don't know if its me "growing out of it" or just me becoming more of a cynical ass, but I just felt something was lacking in Gen 3. Even now, many an eyebrow has been raised as I see new pokemon designs.  Gears, piles of trash.... eh.

The Megas are strange, though the designs are neat. Soon as my little bro told me about them, I had the "It is totally digivolving" thought, even though I was never much a fan of any of the Digimon shows xD. It sounds like it should add a neat dynamic nonetheless.

I dunno, I dont think Ill ever pick up the games (let alone a card game!!)

Maybe I'm just too jaded xD

As to horror games, Outlast sounds neat. I really liked Amnesia and recently played through Miasmata (similar style of game, though in a jungle island)  Definitely need to try it out.

1 person likes this

I've only seen the first hour or two of gameplay and I can confirm that it is pretty scary. Not sure whether I'd say that it is scarier than Amnesia though, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Scarier than Amnesia? The Dark Descent? Not bloody likely, that game got me so terrified at points I had to actually stand up and walk away and make a drink, etc. Playing it with the lights off probably didn't help either. If there is a scarier game than that, I dont know how well i'd handle it, but i'd certainly like to try. Too many developers say there comes a point where they dont want to scare someone to the point that they no longer play the game - that doesnt exist for me. I might not be able to play it all at once, but I get through it, and its usually one of the best experiences i've had in video games. Hoorah for horror!!

Mega Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise were released today!

Venusaur looks awesome! XD

(finally a topic I can jump into)

Am I terrible for watching that original trio video and not really noticing the difference in Venusaur's mega form? I mean on closer inspection I see, but when I was watching that I struggled to notice the difference.

For some reason I'm not really excited about the mega evolutions, it seems to me that the novelty will wear off fast and it'll be tedious evolving again every battle. Maybe it's just that none of the ones shown so far are really among my favourites, and that I'm not into competitive play so the nuances of the advantages of the evolution aren't relevant to me.

I think it would be cool if they had also made it that your Pokemon could have their regular evolution during battles. Like when you level up to the required level during a battle, and currently you have to wait till the end of the battle to have the Pokemon evolve - it'd be a nice touch if they just evolved instantly mid-battle.

I never realised they had to evolve in battle. I thought they evolved once, became mega, and then as that pokemon they could no longer hold items. If its every battle thats gonna be like... dunno, not sure how I feel about it now.

You just need a giant stapler.

Also, did you know that Diablo 3 autheticates every tiny action with Blizzardland? not just MP/auction stuffs.
I did not realise that when I acquired it.

I have satellite interwebs. Minimun 3 second latency.

At least I have GW2 >.>

Also, Fallen London. Because it's delicious.

Also, did you know that Diablo 3 autheticates every tiny action with Blizzardland? not just MP/auction stuffs.

I did not realise that when I acquired it.

I have satellite interwebs. Minimun 3 second latency.

At least I have GW2 >.>

That's a non-issue for me. I play D3 on console. No auction house, no latency, offline mode when preferred, direct controls, better loot balance, and a bunch of other stuff, all for a small reduction in graphics. I'll take that any day.  :3

Apparently it's to cover maintenance costs. The internet is up in arms about it, but... it's probably gonna be, like, fivebux per year. That's pretty negligible for such a convenient service which is also, most importantly, optional.

1 person likes this

That's a non-issue for me. I play D3 on console. No auction house, no latency, offline mode when preferred, direct controls, better loot balance, and a bunch of other stuff, all for a small reduction in graphics. I'll take that any day.  :3

YEAH WELL I HAVE A COMPUTER

Because then I can use it up on top of trees.

SO THERE.

None of that silly console nonsense. >.>

Does anybody play Minecraft? I haven't in a while, but I was thinking about gauging interest in me (or whoever) hosting a server for the community.

Used to play but haven't in years. I'd probably join if we did a community server.

I tried to do a server recently. It didn't work and then it worked somehow and then it suddenly stopped working forever.

Anyways, I'm okay with one as well. I want to make a fabulous house and be a show off about it again.