Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Video Games General

211 posts in this topic

Well I don't think its prejudice. Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that has no basis in reason or experience. But that is my experience. I'm not saying that console people are any better, they're just different. Both PC players and console players seem to gravitate towards certain attitudes. You can get dicks on both sides of the fence, definitely. Just, for the most part, very different mindsets, not any better or worse, just different kinds of dicks. lol. That's my experience, and i'm not saying its everyone's experience, and its clearly not yours, so I appreciate that.

But equally, your post just above mine highlights some of that, don't you think?

​But, yea, I'm definitely a PC gamer, I'm slightly venomous against consoles.

I had trouble being friendly with him when I had a serious elitist mentality and he was happy playing with bad players. I don't really have a casual switch,

I couldn't stomach the other players

You're venomous against consoles, and even to your own BF, you had trouble playing with him because to use your words, he was being 'casual' and you couldnt stand that, you had a serious elitist mentality and you were not content to play with what you considered to be 'bad' players, who you had said were casual. And even that you couldnt stomach them.

I mean, as I say, i've played on PC and consoles, I spent 3 years on Guild Wars, and 4-5 years on WoW, some of that raiding with the highest raiding clan in europe, and equally i've been playing on consoles for years. If i'm prejudiced, then its towards people being dicks on any platform, and i'm okay with that. But my point was just that the mind set, in my experience, is very different on PC to console. Console players have their own issues eh, definitely.

You're venomous against consoles, and even to your own BF, you had trouble playing with him because to use your words, he was being 'casual' and you couldnt stand that, you had a serious elitist mentality and you were not content to play with what you considered to be 'bad' players, who you had said were casual. And even that you couldnt stomach them.

I mean, as I say, i've played on PC and consoles, I spent 3 years on Guild Wars, and 4-5 years on WoW, some of that raiding with the highest raiding clan in europe, and equally i've been playing on consoles for years. If i'm prejudiced, then its towards people being dicks on any platform, and i'm okay with that. But my point was just that the mind set, in my experience, is very different on PC to console. Console players have their own issues eh, definitely.

You took that out of context, I was specifically talking about World of Warcraft, nothing else. I had played with an elitist group for a very long time before I got into playing with my boyfriend, so yea it was hard for me to play with people who weren't as eager to do well.

I explained why I had a problem with consoles, because I personally am terrible with the controller. I don't have a problem with console players though or why they pick to play the consoles, I'm just bad at it. 

Aye, I can understand that. That's definitely a plus for a lot of people. Playing with a mouse and keyboard gives a great deal of precision unless you're REALLY good with your controller. I'm pretty good, but even so, i'm a lot better with a mouse/keyboard set-up. But then equally, I really enjoy the tactile comfort of a controller. It just, something about it makes me feel like i'm playing a game, whereas a PC's set-up sometimes makes me feel like i'm 'working'. Being sat up, right in front of a screen, mouse and keyboard, etc. It can be a bit much for me, I find. But also, I do miss certain elements of PC gaming. Guild Wars 2 would be nice.   T_ T

PC gaming does tend to be sort of uncomfortable for me. I don't have a desk so I have to sit up in bed and find some sort of surface to prop up on multiple things so that my mouse is at the right height for my hand, and whenever I need to get up I have to rearrange everything again... just bluh, hahah. It's not all bad, though. I guess I am a little better with a mouse (provided that I have a nice setup for it on a yearbook or something), but I've gotten better with two joysticks recently as well, since I was playing XBox Minecraft for a couple weeks (and Survival Instinct). It can definitely be a pain to move the camera around and attack things at the same time, though, for games like Minecraft where to can't target enemies. Some Zelda, though, I wreck that shit.  B)

On the topic of Minecraft, though, has anyone played it on XBox? I thought there were lots of good and bad things. For ONE, the worst thing is that it's obviously not as updated as PC Minecraft, there are no horses or carrots or potatos or witches or - TONS of things (also there's only like three texture packs available :c ). But on the other hand there was sooo much less lag, everything was so very smooth. The crafting process was hard for me to get used to, but after I got the hang of it, it was so much more convenient. You just click on the item you want and poof, there it is. No arranging them on a grid in a specific order. I dunno, I thought that was neat. 

All right, now to try tackling FE10 Chapter 9 again. S I G H.... 

F9aYBNr.jpegThis mod for Dark Souls makes me laugh 'a lot'. Just the, "THANKS OBAMA" when you die puts a smile on my face. It's just so stupid.

Also changing Estus Flasks to Sunny-D.

But then equally, I really enjoy the tactile comfort of a controller. It just, something about it makes me feel like i'm playing a game, whereas a PC's set-up sometimes makes me feel like i'm 'working'. Being sat up, right in front of a screen, mouse and keyboard, etc. It can be a bit much for me, I find. But also, I do miss certain elements of PC gaming. Guild Wars 2 would be nice.   T_ T

This is interesting because for me, sitting at the mouse and keyboard at a desk makes it feel I've more focus/control. Like, you say it feels like work, and in a way for me it feels like the "lets get down to business" aspect of getting stuck into some work. Hard to explain, it's just like different associations of the 'sitting at a desk' feel.

Anyway for me I prefer PC solely cos I would like to just have one device that does everything. PC does that, except for console exclusive games and easy living room multiplayer with friends.

It just makes me sad that there is exclusive stuff, so if you want to play everything you need to have both no matter which you prefer.

Ornstein and Smough are one of my favorite fights in the game. They're invigorating, make you think about how to approach them, you need to really think about it. Some fight are just, "Okay so, he's there. What do I do? Dodge or block, and then I can attack? Alright..."

I actually think they're the worst fight in the game - while (almost) every other boss has observable patterns that you learn from by making mistakes and gaining knowledge, Ornstein and Smough are essentially two bosses at once, which makes the fight less about pattern recognition and reflexes and more about getting lucky enough to not be stunlocked to death.

Well, how about this. Artorias is the 'best' fight in the game. And we can agree on that.

Let's just say i'm more than a little annoyed at having downloaded Dark souls for three quid, only to be told that because I had the DLC previously, when I had it on disc, and when I downloaded it it didnt come with the DLC, that I cant play my old Dark Souls characters because I dont have the DLC. Either its delete one of my great characters to make a newbie, or spend another unintentional ten quid on this game. Somewhat annoyed.