Telperion

OPEN Surreal*RPG - reboot!

298 posts in this topic

I'd be game for that! :) but at the risk of sounding incredibly silly (and lazy, since i could have probably poked around and found this out somewhere) who's Elizabeth?

Also, if Asura is looking for an 'us' to join, I'd like to nominate Orange Override!?!

A mysterious lady who just rescued Team Pantsu Parade, claiming to be the spirit of Surreality. Basically, an NPC quest giver to kick off some plot.

Orange Override, you guys have to stop running from everything that looks at you funny, or I will have to refer to you henceforth as Team Brave Sir Robin.

If you need to know what's in Wstfgl's Waste of Space, it's basically a bunch of my characters, thankfully in suspended animation inside blocks of clear glass. There's also a bunch of unlabeled, locked doors -- perhaps you could practice your lock picking skills on them!

#schmuckbait #skyrimtaughtmethatwonderfultreasureliesbeyondthedoor

#maybetheresweaponsinthere

Orange Override, you guys have to stop running from everything that looks at you funny, or I will have to refer to you henceforth as Team Brave Sir Robin.

Oh good, I'm on the right team and haven't missed much plot, apparently.

/yes, I'm technically still here

/searching for my muse in a fit of depression

If you need to know what's in Wstfgl's Waste of Space, it's basically a bunch of my characters, thankfully in suspended animation inside blocks of clear glass. There's also a bunch of unlabeled, locked doors -- perhaps you could practice your lock picking skills on them!

#schmuckbait #skyrimtaughtmethatwonderfultreasureliesbeyondthedoor
#maybetheresweaponsinthere

lol - but we're so squishy! and everything is too perilous! Kate hasn't come to terms with the amount of peril involved, just yet.

I think she's got a bobby pin or two holding her bangs out of her eyes that she can utilize, though... lets see about those locked doors...

Wstfgl, were you still inclined to allow us to accidentally unleash your Mr. Gary Shoe? if so, do you think a tap of fingernail on the glass would be enough to wake him? or *should we involve something a little more dramatic*?

Yup, unleash him at your own peril.

The block he's in might be cracked already, and some kind of magic you possess accidentally goes off when you touch it, shattering it. Alternatively, you touch it lightly with a finger -- and the block just tips over and shatters. That's shoddy craftsmanship, it is.

Or you could revive him with the kiss of a pure hearted princess, though I'm sure you don't want to try that.

If Sol wants to, he could make up some ridiculous in-universe prophecy about the Savior With Hair of Snow and Eyes of Rainbows (or something), and unleash him on purpose. Possibly by using the convenient "Break Glass In Case of Fire" hammer lying nearby.

Sol's still having trouble with perception, you know. He needs, like, an eyepiece or a Macguffin that lets him see things the way everyone else can see them. Something I was hoping to get from an early drop.

Let's face it, though, Kate's unarmed and has no magic. Sol has a short sword he uses to channel magic (as soon as he levels up a few times) but he pretty much can't use it as a sword; it's more like a fancy wand.

Say, there's an idea, we could pass the rapier to Kate, Sol doesn't nearly need it yet.

There won't be any early drops if you guys don't start hitting stuff, unfortunately...

Maybe it'd be a little better once Ali and Asura back you up.

I'm writing the next post, but I need to know - how's Mr. Gary Shoe's personality? Do I write him as over-the-top dramatic with a big dose of Primary Protagonist Syndrome?

Shall we call on Princess Drawfag to wake him from his eternal slumber? /shifty

nah, Kate tapped on the glass lightly and it fell over cartoon-style is what happened. You wouldn't see it from Sol's POV because he still can't see properly, but I'm writing Gary Shoe now, as, well, as I described him in the above post.

He's angstier, mostly. He didn't even ask once whether they were here to finally kill him. His personality is best described as the kind of person who draws their black curtains in the day and writes terrible Final Fantasy fan fiction while listening to Linkin Park.

tragicpast_8463.PNG

This is a man who has met 58 generic love interests, seen every single one of them get murdered by creepy effeminate villains, and twitches uncontrollably whenever he sees anyone with white hair. This includes his own reflection, as he's attacked by evil twins, evil clones, evil shapeshifting doppelgängers and creepy fangirls who undergo enough plastic surgery to look exactly like him. Not that that's terribly hard, mind you.

Um, oops? Should I just go cut out the second half of my post now, or what?

Yeah, I'm not confident in my ability to write angst; I think I'll just cut it down a bit...

Good news for you: Gary Shoe will probably die if you punched him hard enough. Feel free to loot him, perhaps for that elusive drop that will let Solyeuse stop stumbling around like a very clueless tourist.

Bad news: He'll get better. He may or may not become a creepy yandere stalker for one of your party members.

Because Gary Shoe is attracted to things as repugnant as himself. Birds of a feather, y'know.

Oh dear, it seems that Elizabeth won't be offering much material support this adventure -- but hey, at least we can stop floundering and find those Seals. They're hidden in different sections of Surreality, from the different RPing sections to the OOC sections, so get to looking!

Here's an idea. The Six Seals are themed after the Six Elements of Creation:

EARTH!

WIND!

FIRE!

WATER (ESTRANGED FROM THE PREVIOUS THREE DUE TO CREATIVE DISAGREEMENTS)!

HEART~

And the fabled Sixth Element...

CARBON!

Note: Team Orange Override is disqualified from hunting the Heart Seal because Alisyn clearly doesn't have one. :P

Note: Team Orange Override is disqualified from hunting the Heart Seal because Alisyn clearly doesn't have one. :P

Funny you should mention that. Have you been talking to Sean, Mr. Cotton Stuffing? But he can attest that I have one now.

Btw, you disqualify your team from hunting the Heart Seal, too.

Nonsense. I have plenty of Heart.

I collect them via Aztec ritual sacrifice.

...oh. Oh, dear. Solyeuse *is* a cog in the machine - he is, after all, from the Surreal Planes. I might have to alter his personal Macguffin a bit.

You need to transcend into being a player character.

My recommended approach is stealing Noia's soul.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead