Telperion

OPEN Surreal*RPG - reboot!

298 posts in this topic

They're not the walking dead. They're Post Mortem Contractors.

There's a 100% unemployment rate among the dead. They're just layabouts, expecting people to give them sympathy and do everything for them. It's about time they got jobs like everyone else and stopped being lazy moochers.

They're taking up precious property space by lying in their graves being unproductive. If they don't stay in our graves and start an honest day's work, we'd both have a bunch of experienced, trustworthy workers and some freed-up land we can build prime real estate on!

I'm waiting till you guys get to the actual world; my character's just another denizen of the Surreal Plane. Quite possibly the only one, since your retired gods don't count.

I just redecorated Surreality with a nice post apocalyptic touch.

Well, when you behold those pretty vistas of destroyed stuff, you can thank the asshat who blew up my favorite moon base.

Which, I will remind you, isn't on a moon.

So the hacker group I introduced pretty much wants to take over Surreality.

Their purpose? I don't know yet. Maybe they're just doing it for kicks. Because we don't need to have a self-brooding, well-developed villain if we want to have fun in a roleplay! We just need to kick ass and be awesome. They could be the group that dragged everyone into the site, or it could be the site itself dragging in people to help (Asura's idea about the animalistic desires and all that). It's up to you guys, really.

Also, now that the hacker's locked all of TriOctium's old powers, I've decided to go with a completely new power set. Which means my old character sheet is mostly irrelevant now. Sorry about that!

I'd say the site is dragging them in. Wstfgl's summoning was because the hacker was going to destroy his avatar within Surreality, and the site obviously knows it can't do without one of its preeminent batshit insane otaku shitposters.

Also my vote for the hacker group's name goes to Legalized Pot, because I cannot make a secret organization without the naming sense of Nudist Beach.

So what does an exploding moon base look like from the ground?

Edit: Added some info to the Questions section.

Flash of light in the sky. Then the most intense meteor shower you've ever seen, turned up by several thousand. The whole sky filling up with meteor crap.

And then, you'd notice the effects of very large explosions in the distance, since some of those fragments are very big, relatively speaking.

Basically, it would look like the sky is falling. I'm pretty sure some of those chunks are as big as the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs, but heck! This is Surreality, not pansy old Earth!

Currently our list of potential adversaries stands as such:

Silent Ones - those guys who make an account and never post

Google, Bing, etc. bots

Chinese gold-farmers???

Eldrazi Spawn - I guess? (you could go off on an entire Eldrazi tangent with that)

Taking many more suggestions.

The final bosses or penultimate bosses, depending on how you want to play it, would be the hackers I guess. Basically people who have manipulated the system to give them admin privileges and making them really really hard to kill.

It would be nice to each have our own personal bad guy to hound our tracks. The perfect antagonist.

Hacked RP characters, controlled by the hackers and turned against their masters.

Angry forum wildlife.

More Eldrazi spawn.

Boba Fett.

So what do you think a Googlebot looks like?

edit: That would be cool, having old RP characters coming back to life. And trying to kill you.

No, I just want to find an excuse for you to punch Yuudai in the face.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead