Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Anime/Manga General

166 posts in this topic

WOAH HEY IT'S A THREAD FOR ANIME AND MANGU and I am totally the wrong person to be starting this thread, since I don't even watch anime anymore. 

Except for that one show, Attack on Titan. It's like, okay. I hear it's following the manga and the manga is like lightyears ahead of where the anime is, so if this anime stretches on for more than like a season I'm going to bail. I don't care about Erin THAT much.

I don't watch anime really. Hell, I even stopped reading those fancy Japanese backwards-reading mango things a while back too, though I still like them. Don't know, nothing really catches my eye anymore.

People keep telling me to watch Attack on Titan and that dumb swimming anime. No, damn it. No.

DIGIMON AND POKEMON

that is all

1 person likes this

Usually I go into corny/girly mode and read a bunch of horrible but cute Shoujo. Other than SNK which can get in my nerves but what Jaggering is a worst main character than Shinji I've been reading those horrible shoujos.

I'm kind of gay for shoujo styled things even though I don't read/watch them. I think I just want to create a shoujoesque manga.

Maybe I'll make some sparkly magical girl/boy RP one of these days. I've been itching to do one.

1 person likes this

SHINJI'S A WHINY LITTLE PUNK.

I actually write my own Shoujo. Like a lot of them |: I even have one about the Yakuza.

I still read Naruto and Bleach even though they are just rubbish. Im just at a point now where I've invested in them so much that I need to see it through to the end. There has to be and end. I hope there will be an end. T_T

I'm collecting and re-reading all the Sailor Moon.

Also, waiting for the new Sailor Moon anime. Preteen me is squeeing.

Aside from that, I have a ton of anime that I have yet to watch or am in the middle of watching, like Gunslinger Girl.

1 person likes this

I still read Naruto and Bleach even though they are just rubbish. Im just at a point now where I've invested in them so much that I need to see it through to the end. There has to be and end. I hope there will be an end. T_T

This is how I feel except I think Naruto is actually pretty okay.

Also, One Piece? One Piece. One Piece is the best manga.

My thoughts exactly. Except for One Piece, I could read that until I'm 90 and can barely see anything. Skip Beat and Gintama too.

I'm basically an anime nut. If the plotline piques my interest, I'll watch for about 3 to 5 episode before I decide to continue or not. 

Sometimes I re-watch an entire series if the urge hits me, like Durarara (Shizuo! <3)

Also, waiting for the new Sailor Moon anime. Preteen me is squeeing.

You and me both~

like Durarara (Shizuo! <3)

You just made me wanna watch Durarara again...

In order to try to cultivate conversational content for one of the miniscule few people whom I actually know at uni, I've been making an attempt to cover the most current and previous seasons of anime, so now I'm watching:

Attack on Titan

Gatchaman Crowds

Valvrave

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Genei o Kakeru Taiyou

Free!

Danganronpa

And I just finished Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru and that was very enjoyable. My observations are that watching so many at once really shows off how grating some of the more common and annoying anime tropes can be.

I loved OreGairu, definitely my favourite show of the spring season. I dropped SnK after 13 episodes or so, kinda got sick of it.

I am currently watching:

Monogatari Series: Second Season

Gin no Saji

Gatchaman Crowds

Love Lab

C3-bu

Blood Lad

Servant x Service

Free!
World God Only Knows III

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

I gave Danganronpa a try, but since I already played the game I got really frustrated with the things they didn't include in the anime.

How are you finding Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi? I watched the first episode and it just didn't really grab me for some reason, so I shelved it at least until I catch up with everything else first.

The first arc (the first three episodes, I think) was pretty good, but after that the show only got worse, in my opinion.

This is how I feel except I think Naruto is actually pretty okay.

Also, One Piece? One Piece. One Piece is the best manga.

I read One Piece up to round about the point Shinji shows up and he became a quick favourite. Then I got busy for a while and suddenly One Piece is soooo far ahead. I probably will read it at some point but its a lot to catch up on. 

I still love Naruto's characterization but I find the plot to be getting a little predictable and rasengan seems to have went the way of kamehamaha in dragonball z. 

Bleach on the other hand I just like Tite Kubo's artwork.

But I will try to get on One Piece. I've read odd chapters here or there and I don't recognize any characters so I think I need to go back to the beginning. 

I'll watch anything made by KyoAni. Super excited for Kyoukai no Kanata.

I'm also watching Free! and Attack on Titan right now. I'm surprised so many of you don't like it as much, I'm honestly pretty in love with it. Eren is kind of annoying but I like the setup and lots of the characters and how worked up I get every episode. Except I'm getting pretty tired of how slow it's moving right now. I'll probably pick up the manga again soon even though it's not as... cleanly put together? 

And Anna DON'T YOU CHUCKLE AT FREE IT'S REALLY FREAKIN CUTE OKAY 

I don't read a lot of manga anymore, mostly I just check one out if someone recommends it. Back in the day my favorite was Fruits Basket, I have like 20 of the volumes. I think I still haven't finished the last two or so, actually... 

And Anna DON'T YOU CHUCKLE AT FREE IT'S REALLY FREAKIN CUTE OKAY 

I'm more chuckling at these men watching Free! I watch it myself, too (thanks Tumblr).

1 person likes this

Hey, anyone and everyone can enjoy half-naked gay swimmers. ♥ 

1 person likes this

|:

I'M SORRY I'M A SUCKER FOR ANIMATION GOSH

That's also why I've watched all the Makoto Shinkai movies, despite always feeling like shit afterwards. I hate bittersweet endings.

Only one mention of monogatari here

Everyone go watch bakemonogatari and its sequels

I didn't finish Monogatari. I know a lot of people who would be gravely disappointed hearing this (including myself).