Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Anime/Manga General

166 posts in this topic

The writer of the Light Novels, NisiOisin is craaaaazy about two things: self-indulgent dialogue and crazy attention to detail. All the Monogatari series are filled with little things like that that make rewatching it so much fun 'cause you'll always notice things you hadn't before.

(Also yay Kelsey! Every day that I get someone to watch Monogatari is a good day)

yeah that thing is totally true. his attention to detail is like Homestuck level. or at least GRRM level.

Oh, DRRR! is another one I never got into. I think I tried starting it and it didn't really hook me. Is it worth trying again? 

Do it for Shizaya.

Seriously, on the wall behind me I have a giant image of them anger-fuck-staring each other down.

1 person likes this

Okay~ :3 

Bakemonogatari only has like six more episodes left so. Maybe I'll do that next. Is it a long one? 

It had around 25 episodes.

Also not watching Nise and Neko immediately is fine, but you have to watch the Bakemono OVAs!

Also! Psycho-pass movie announcement. Between this and season two I'm hella excited.

Edited by Seanzilla
1 person likes this

I'm so happy people are watching DRRR!, even if it's for Shizaya, which I consider the epitome of a comedic hate relationship.

I've never honestly got into Monogatari, it was too confusing to me at the time. Maybe I'll pick it up again...

3 minute KILL la KILL preview.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14o2em_tv

I dunno. When I first heard about it I was mildly excited... but now it's all kinda 'meh'. Not really a fun of Trigger (or the shows they made before they became Trigger) so I was hoping KLK would change that. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I started reading Claymore on the evening, and now im in chapter 39... im in love <3_<3

So I just made this account a few days ago and haven't really got the chance to chat with anyone, hopefully this will spark some fun conversations. (:

I watch a modest amount of anime, right now I"m watching two series and I randomly pick another up here or there and binge on them. Anyone else following Hunter X Hunter or Attack on Titan? Or is there anyone else on here who loves anime as much as I do? What would be some of your favorites? 

Wow, do I feel stupid. I looked right past this thread and made my own about anime. Woops.

Anyone here watch the most recent episode of Attack on Titan or Hunter X Hunter? Or read the latest Naruto or Bleach? Just hoping to throw out some common ones that I'm sure all of you have at least heard of :P

Wow animefreak loves anime? I'd never have guessed =p

I read naruto, bleach and fairy tail. Also read soul eater until it finished. And I started watching attack on titan but ive been busy so need to catch up.

Yah i picked a pretty discreet name, huh? ;) 

Attack on Titan is pretty great thus far, as are the latest chapters of both Naruto and Bleach. Do you read One Piece? 

Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, and a billion others. Though I dont always have the time for them.  T_ T  My one big love however, is Hayao Miyazaki's movies. Love his films, love the way he thinks. Amazing.

I haven't caught up on Attack on Titan yet, sadly. :C Last episode I saw was 22, I believe. The internet is pretty bad where I'm staying so watching any show online is hard. Which is why I'm not caught up on Free! yet, either. I did get to finish Bakemonogatari before we moved, though, and I started Nisemonogatari. :3 Also started PMMM. Not sure how I feel about it quite yet, I got to episode 3 or so. The style puts me off a little. 

I've actually been interested in Hunter X Hunter recently... Someone I follow on Tumblr posts about it all the time. I think I'll be putting it on my to-watch list. Oh, and I made a Hummingbird account~ I'm having the hardest time remembering all the anime I've watched, it's ridiculous. 

Yeah we do have a thread for this. I'm gonna merge them.

I haven't caught up on Attack on Titan yet, sadly. :C Last episode I saw was 22, I believe. The internet is pretty bad where I'm staying so watching any show online is hard. Which is why I'm not caught up on Free! yet, either. I did get to finish Bakemonogatari before we moved, though, and I started Nisemonogatari. :3 Also started PMMM. Not sure how I feel about it quite yet, I got to episode 3 or so. The style puts me off a little. 

I've actually been interested in Hunter X Hunter recently... Someone I follow on Tumblr posts about it all the time. I think I'll be putting it on my to-watch list. Oh, and I made a Hummingbird account~ I'm having the hardest time remembering all the anime I've watched, it's ridiculous. 

Hunter X Hunter is fantastic, especially the most recent arc. It takes an extremely dark path and it can be pretty demented. 

Yay for finishing Bake :D Also usually I tell people to persist through PMMM, because it is pretty great, but the artstyle is indeed very weird (a friend of mine refuses to watch any Shaft show because he dislikes their art, we don't hang out much nowadays), I personally loved the look of the witches' worlds, but I guess it isn't for everyone.

P.S. I can't wait till you catch up on Monogatari, I want to discuss this arc so baddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

1 person likes this

Please don't kill me for double posting, but Fall Season started this week and we have shit to discuss.

What shows are you guys watching? The shows I'll be following are:

BlazBlue Alter Memory
Golden Time

Gundam Build Fighters
Infinite Stratos 2
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2
Kill la Kill

Kyoukai no Kanata

Log Horizon

Magi 2
Nagi no Asakura

Yozakura Quartet

White Album 2

Of the shows that have aired up until now, I have to say that the first episode of Kill la Kill was disappointing, but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway, IS2 was dull and I don't recall why I watched season 1 in the first place, Golden Time was okay and I hope it'll be as good as Toradora!, but it's Kyoukai no Kanata that made me hunger for more. Can't wait till next wednesday!

I'll probably also end up giving Coppelion, Pupa, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Samurai Flamenco, Koroshiya-san: The Hired Gun and Galilei Donna the 3-episode test.

PS: For a full list of shows http://anichart.net/fall

Just stopping in to say that SamCham, Death Note, Angel Beats and DBZ were all that I watched through and through, and loved for that matter.

That being said, this Free! business.

Just...no.

Stop it. Please.

What the hell! I was looking for that all day yesterday but couldn't find decent subs. Only shitty ones that were translated from Japanese to Spanish to English. Totes gonna check it out now.

One of my friends found it on Facebook and posted it. He's a real bro! :D