Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antwaine

Anime/Manga General

166 posts in this topic

I'm definitely watching BlazBlue, Gundam Build Fighters and Kyoukai no Kanata. As for manga, I mostly just follow the big names (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail) and Attack On Titan.

I don't read a lot of manga anymore, so I don't have a lot I'd recommmend, but anyone that likes the typical shounen series should check out Akame Ga Kiru, it's a bit darker but hella exciting.

I guess I'll drop my anime digs hyar. My love for Hayao Miyazaki runs deeper than anything else. That being said, my favorite series hands down is Naoki Urasawa's Monster. I also have a love for...Shaman King, Pokemon, Attack on Titan, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, the Shin Megami Tensei animes(Persona 4/Devil Survivor 2/Tokyo Revelation{Terrible OVA but it's so bad it's good}), the old Tenchi Muyo OVA, Nichijou. Others I'll have to say if they come up. But yeah. There we are.

I don't read a lot of manga anymore, so I don't have a lot I'd recommmend, but anyone that likes the typical shounen series should check out Akame Ga Kiru, it's a bit darker but hella exciting.

Woah, that looks interesting. I'll definitely check it out. Though, I'd say my preferences for anime/manga tend not to be related to the genre, but rather, the length of the series. For anime with hundreds of thousands of millions of episodes (like One Piece), I prefer to read the manga since I can flip through very quickly. But I love watching 25-50 episode long animes! My favourite few anime of all time would be: Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, and possibly Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Gundam 00 Season 1 was pretty sick too.

Well, I finally got to catch up on Free! and Attack on Titan. ♥ And Legend of Korra, which I'm going to go ahead and mention here because really, look at the animation style this season. So animu. 

But titans man. I still haven't decided whether I'm going to just read the manga before the second season comes out. It's pretty cool experiencing it in animation for the first time, but I'm really impatient... 

I thought I saw some people on Tumblr complaining about the last episode or two of AoT but I'm not sure why. Personally, I still think it's great and I'm stoked for the next season. 

AND FREE. FREEEEEE. I got pretty emotional okay. Not givin' a shit what anyone thinks about that anime. QuQ 

AND FREE. FREEEEEE. I got pretty emotional okay. Not givin' a shit what anyone thinks about that anime. QuQ 

Just quietly I did too.

Whilst HH just thought the ending was "okay".

1 person likes this

I just want to bump in and say if y'all haven't watched Silver Spoon/Gin No Saji (by the creator of Full Metal Alchemist and all around badass Hiromu Arakawa), you're missing out. Sure, the summer episodes just ended, but all the more reason to catch up. And after that, read the manga, 'cause it just gets better.

iG7OO3AhGVDY8.gif

It's good to be reminded that there's at least one other person out there who likes Silver Spoon.

Free! was easy money for KyoAni, I think it's their best selling show ever? You can count on there being a season 2 next year.

Also Silver Spoon is great, but the anime sales are so-so, so there's a good chance that the next season will be the last.

NowmI would like to remind everyone; if you aren't watching Kyoukai no Kanata... Go watch it now!

So I started watching Attack On Titan. Highlights so far;

1) I didn't know that the theme song was, well, the theme song, despite hearing it in dozens of other places during parodies (I knew it was the theme song to Shingeki No Kyojin, I just didn't know they were the same thing), so when it kicked in in all of it's glory I burst out laughing.

2) Even by anime standards, this show's really melodramatic.

3) I'm six episodes in and I don't really care about any of the characters. Thankfully, the action is cool enough that I still care enough to watch.

4) The titans are really unsettling. I think it's because they're all smiling and naked?

5) Every time there's a moment where the giant skinless titan just sort of appears, I can't help but laugh. "We can do it! We can win!" LIGHTNING STRIKE "NOPE

I like all these:
- Slayers 

- Gundam Wing

- Pretty much any Miyazaki/Ghibli movie

- Eden of the East

- Ninja Scroll

- Samurai Champloo

- Afro Samurai was pretty good, too 

- Cowboy Bebop

- Peach Girl (it's terrible but I couldn't stop watching it)

- Magic Users Club

- Kenshin/Samurai X (I prefer Samurai X to the tv series)

- DeathNote <3

- And I haven't finished it all the way, but I love Mushishi. 

Kill La Kill episode 7 was glorious. That Mako Jojo uniform.

Just started watching Nagi no Asukara. Only one episode in but so far my favourite characters are Uroko-sama and Manaka. Very cute anime. 

I've come to the uncomfortable conclusion that real guys look cuter than anime guys and have hence become a lot more supportive of doramas than anime. I feel blasphemous.

So I finished Attack On Titan.

I... I didn't really like it.

1 person likes this

Kinda want to do a fun anime style rp but I have no good ideas -__-

I think that'll be me, yeah. I'm interested in the world that the story takes place in - just not any of the characters in it.

When I got home, excited to watch the next episode of Monogatari SS I did not expect that it would leave me in tears.

But holy shit am I glad it did, this episode was so good and Monogatari SS is now officially my favourite season of the series (and my all time favourite after Toradora!). 

I used to watch plenty of anime, but then conscription happened and my free time vanished. I'm still keeping up with a couple of shows this season though -- namely, Kill La Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata. Kill La Kill is the best thing to grace my computer monitor in a long, long time.

On an unrelated note, Seanzilla has one glorious signature. Only way it could have been better if it was the deer-wrestling scene.

I agree, best scene of the show! Sadly the only gif I found was one of the supplex :(