Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

The Stressful Highly Competitive Game of "TABOO YOU"

287 posts in this topic

THE GAME HAS BEGUN!!!

This game is about betrayal! It is about lies, deceit and extremely hostile feelings! You do not know who is on your side and who is not!

Welcome to the game of TABOO YOU!

First of all, this game is inspired by a Taiwanese game show. I like my Taiwanese game shows. XD The name of the game was thought up by me cuz I don't know how to translate the long Chinese punny game name into English. So how's this game played?

Every player has a word that they're not supposed to say. Everyone will know everyone else's Taboo word except their own (I'll PM each player individually with everyone else's words). The point of this game is to bait other players into saying their Taboo words. Be careful, because in the process of baiting other people you may end up saying your own Taboo word!

All Taboo words will be contextually related. In addition, I'll set up each round with a setting that all the Taboo words can be used naturally in. You may talk about anything within this setting. So for instance, if my setting is "in a school" you may go like "guys, I hereby assign myself as the class monitor. It's Maths class now. Get out your books!" or someone else may be like "I like Maths. I like doing algebra." and someone else may be like "Taco I shall beat you at sums like I beat you in everything!". Or you can discuss things like "so, guys, what's your favourite subject in school?" In fact there's no limit to what you can say. You can even suddenly bring in a Deus ex Machina and talk about spaceships descending. Just make up your own story!

I'll think very hard on the words. They can be nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, whatever. However, I won't put in too common words like "ifs", "ands" or "buts", or "yes" or "no".

No one will be eliminated from the game. Once you've said your word, any other player may say TABOO YOU (or whatever other catchphrase they like) and you'll be replaced with a new word. Once 5 people have been replaced, I'll change the setting and clean the slate of all words entirely.

The game ends when everyone seems bored, or when the thread has reached 10 pages.

A stipulation here is to not avoid posting just to avoid saying your Taboo Word. I'll keep score of how many people have successfully baited others to say their Taboo Words, and the top 5 baiters as well as the top 5 people who have been replaced least at the end of the game will be commended.

Participants:

Wstfgl

Telperion

Demonic Gate

DayDreamer

Noia

TriOctium

Ice

Ethereal

Kyo

Seanzilla

DragonGuard

I feel like if it's 10 pages limit the game will probably end within an hour with nobody but Sean and Octy having posted.

I'd suggest something like first person to score 3 points wins. Or however many points seems achievable. I dunno how hard it'll be yet.

Hm DayDay brings up a good point. I doubt anyone would want to post too often since that puts them at higher risk of being replaced.

I'd say then that we end the game after 3 rounds, with each round corresponding to 1 setting. Then we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: I'm assuming everyone who posted here is in. If you're not and you only wanted to come in to say "MEMEME" or "this sounds super fun" or "Taboo" then please tell me so I can strike you off. XDDD

Nah kidding. But yeah I'm assuming everyone's in, including DayDay?

Oh, 1 more stipulation. If a person has been struck out at a time when I'm offline, you guys can continue playing. That person will just be immune to being struck until I've assigned the new word. So that would be a good buffer time to take revenge!

Yes of course Ice can play! o3o

EDIT: Also after some thought I may include words that aren't directly related to the context, so that you guys have to manipulate people subtly towards saying them. Mwahaha!

I've generated a list of words. They amuse me very much. Some of you may have easier words than others at first, but hopefully the subsequent ones will be harder and it'll all even out in the end. XD

So I'll probably start the game in another 15 hours, in case more people want to sign up. That'll be precisely 1 day from the time I started this thread, which will be fair to people who login at all hours.

I bet my word is going to be decivilization, which would mean I'd be out in the first round!

Ya know, I bet what got Taco and Seanzy in on this the most was the "highly-competitive" part. Nice advertising, HH!