Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

Taboo-lations (Notes From The Taboo Game)

38 posts in this topic

In case people are overwhelmed by the staggering number of pages this is chalking up, i'll put up results and updates here.

Currently 8 pages and no sign of a kill yet! You're all either too good at this or too bad at this. XDD

For every 10 pages of the thread i'll step in and try to help you guys out. ;D

STRIKES

Ice => "flavour"

Wstfgl => "emperor"

Seanzilla => "Cao Cao"

TriOctium => "host"

OKAY.

But i'll indeed strongly consider Octy's suggestion about changing up taboo words. But some people haven't come online yet so i'll let them have a go!

But yeah you guys are making each other's taboo words so obvious! XDD

What about Ice's idea? *tugs on her sleeve* Message you the word we think we have. If we're right, our word gets changed o.o That way no waiting for anyone either 

That's true, but it still disadvantages people who haven't had a chance to come in yet. They may have had a great idea before it was changed. And they also have less of a chance to guess their own words since they didn't get to post.

But hmm okay then we'll give Ice's idea a shot and see how it goes. For those who think you know what your word is, PM me. If you're correct you get a point for intelligence!

I think we've just inadvertently created the greatest shitpost machine in the history of S*T,

2 people like this

I just realised a loophole to this plan. What if people are giving me the wrong guesses? XDD If I tell them it's wrong then they'll know for sure they can use the word, and that makes things easier for them since they can just do a process of elimination or something.

Guys I have to refresh the page every 2 seconds. This is ridiculous.

Guys I have to refresh the page every 2 seconds. This is ridiculous.

I said that! Copy cat....

HH..... I have no idea :D Ask Taco, the "master of games"

I'm agreeing with you, Ice.

And HH, you could, well, change it without telling the person. So if they got it right, they'd get 1 point without knowing it. If they got it wrong, nothing would happen. So the person himself wouldn't know if his word was changed.

Oh oh! But you could put the scores of people's intelligence up after every x amount of pages you said you'd update on, so they at least know they're getting points and are doing well or not. But they wouldn't know which words they got right or not.

Good idea too! Yes I'll go with that.

Also I'll lock the thread and start a new one after 15 pages, so it's less messy. XD

And you thought it wouldn't even reach 10 pages xD

Gotta say, this is pretty fun~

I don't think that'll do much to fix the mess.

Also it's sort of unfair for those who haven't even appeared yet, that all the people blundering in obviously at the start will have caused others to be able to gain points, and by the time some of the other participants arrive, people may be more subtle.

But it's boring to know your word and easily avoid it. Some people know very good and well what their words are, as they've shown. Besides, it's not points we win by. They're just kinda there, right? I dunno, I think this is a good idea.

Yeah, the points are just for fun, I think.

(Except I'm totally going to beat Sanzi and Ice)

Hmmm, okay. To move the game forward I'm going to allow secret alliances, but with a rule.

Basically 2 or more people can plot to use some extremely complex and subtle ruse to make 1 person say their Taboo word (since I notice that some people are trying to be subtle and others more obvious and spoiling each other's plans basically). HOWEVER, the conditions are:

1. All alliances have to be made via PM, and you have to include me as part of the convo.

2. You're not allowed to tell each other their Taboo words as part of the alliance.

Not sure if this will work but we can give it a try.

but not Ice*

There. Fixed your typo for you. You're welcome.

THAT'S SO COOL!!!!! 

EDIT: Could we have more than one Alliance?

One alliance two alliance three alliance four