Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shelmii

3D Maneuver Gear - explained to myself

17 posts in this topic

3D maneuvering - Since humans are limited to 2D.. maneuvering, with the use of their legs and walking on a surface, this motive of transportation, the 3D Maneuver Gear, expands past that. Being in the third dimension of physical transportation and moving through midair; It's reasons of use are quite artificial in this world, but essentially it can be used anywhere, most importantly to survive against and slaughter the threat.

This device of 3D transportation, which is also called Vertical Maneuver gear in order to give a more straight forward explanation of what It is, is only used and executed by professionals or those with experience. Some, to grasp the basics and experience, train for 3 years and others have used it for years simply for survival and as a result it has become a part of their life just like walking has for a human maneuvering in a 2D transportation.

3D Maneuver Gear Parts: These are what, off the top of my head, are the main parts on the gear.

Hand Grips: Two grips that resemble that of a hand pistol. These are to be held onto when activating the cable and hooks, gas propelling and the usage of the steel blades. They are usually set away when not used in small side holsters between the shoulder and chest on the full-body belt.

Two Triggers/One lever: There are two triggers on both hand grips resembling those on a small pistol a and a large lever resembling the break levers on bicycles. The triggers are used for the extraction of the cable with hooks and the lever us used for the gas extraction only for the figure using it to reel or propel forward.

Ultra-Hard Steel Blade compartments: These compartments are large rectangular metal boxes on each sides of the outer thigh, I believe they are equipped with a sheath attached to the full-body belt which wraps around the outer and inner thigh. The blades are made of Ultra-Hard Steel which is wrapped around itself in order to create a thicker blade. These blades are flexible and bendable to an extent which makes it easier to slice into the flesh of the threat.

Gas Cylinder: This is a long cylinder, impossibly weightless as it sits atop the rectangular blade compartments. It holds gas which can be injected into it when refilling. Without these one cannot continue in a fast pace in order to escape threat and as a result usually fall down either to their deaths. Without these soldiers are sitting ducks.

Grappling Hooks/Cable: These long, seemingly thick cables are designed to reel one forward after being projected from the blade compartments just above where the extra blades and gas cylinder is kept essentially to hook onto brick and wooden surfaces. Not yet indicated if they are capable of hooking onto a concrete surface.

Full-body belts: These belts are wound around the entire body from shoulders to feet and bound by small buckles wrapping tightly around the upper chest area to hold it in place. When one is engaging in midair they must shift all of their weight onto one foot which helps with the movement from right to left since feet are not supported with a surface. Overtaxing muscles though in this process is a possibility.

Gas Powered Mechanism: This attached to lower back of the gear, it includes two fans, ones that appear to resemble a shuttle cock. The gas activates the fans which then in turn activates the cable which is wound around the fans I believe. The lever on the hand grip is used to propel as much gas as one finds it necessary when using gear. It is powered by the gas cylinder.

The Black Box: The manager of the entire gear. Not much has been released about this portion. Each important part of the gear seems to be connected to this part.

*some small yet important details are yet to be released or may not be released.

Overall, the 3D Maneuver Gear or Vertical Maneuver Gear is only a transportation device used by soldiers who have been specially trained to fight the threat. While training, as indicated before, it takes three years for the majority of soldiers to either master it or attain the basics. The training includes being able to keep upright and still while standing in mid air in the Full-Body belt. Malfunctions can occur. With those three years and the experience, most eventually make it through to become great soldiers for humanity, but without it they are nothing but helpless civilians.

Despite the training, some high ranking soldiers have never been trained. Instead they had used the maneuver gear for personal purposes of survival.

*possibly more to add later on.

Is this for roleplay purposes? XD If the information's for roleplay I suppose you could put it under Roleplay Discussion, or Character Profile Archives. Otherwise people are going to come in here and spam this thread. XD

Do you want me to move it for you?

I vote Character Profile Archives, if you need an opinion. You could put your Character Profiles in here too :D

*spam spam spam spam*

Well, I'm not sure it works under character profiles, considering she's describing a gizmo from Attack on Titan, not a creation for an RP.

Whatever, we could just start talking about how Levi is fabulous or something.

Is this for roleplay purposes? XD If the information's for roleplay I suppose you could put it under Roleplay Discussion, or Character Profile Archives. Otherwise people are going to come in here and spam this thread. XD

Do you want me to move it for you?

I was thinking of doing that because I had a plan for a roleplay, but then I kept it here so I could have it as reference in case someone needed it. You can move it for me?

I vote Character Profile Archives, if you need an opinion. You could put your Character Profiles in here too :D

*spam spam spam spam*

Yeah. I could check that out, this is all for help in action roleplaying. I know several people had issues trying to write action and if anyone who wants to incorporate maneuver gear for other settings/worlds they could use this too. I think having this type of a gear could make for an interesting plot.

Well, I'm not sure it works under character profiles, considering she's describing a gizmo from Attack on Titan, not a creation for an RP.

Whatever, we could just start talking about how Levi is fabulous or something.

Haha, exactly what I thought, I was contemplating it though.

I wanna do a character analysis and a prediction on what will happen in future episodes of the anime with each character based on what I know about them now. Plus, the characters are less confusing to write about than the gear. Levi... I only know so much about him.

Well if you want to leave it here that's fine too, just that such threads will be open to posting from everybody.

I think Levi's overrated.

Also, I suppose this can work to the same effect? Or additional information, I suppose?

http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Dimensional_Maneuver_Gear

Yeah, I read this back before I read the manga and before I even understood what the thing was, but the manga helps a ton. Plus ongoing crazy analyzing too... I can't stop watching/reading this thing. It's like my comfort zone from all things reality..

Well if you want to leave it here that's fine too, just that such threads will be open to posting from everybody.

I think Levi's overrated.

I like posts from everyone, but I'm wondering why it would be a bad thing?

Yes, I agree and I feel like he's sort of a Mary Sue considering he seems to know so much and he almost never loses his cool. I dunno, he's just not introduced as much. My all time favorite is mikasa. The fandom seems to hate her though.

You know you can quote multiple people in one post, right?

I'm sorry, I don't know anything. Thanks for letting me know haha!

Until I know everything, I'll be doing things that probably annoy you guys. I apologize.

I don't follow SNK very closely, but I'm just gonna leave this here. 

tumblr_mq94zvn0tP1sr664ko1_500.jpg

He's a Disney Princess I tell you.

1 person likes this

I'm sorry, I don't know anything. Thanks for letting me know haha!

Until I know everything, I'll be doing things that probably annoy you guys. I apologize.

It's fine; just trying to help out. Yeah, just hit the "MultiQuote" button and it'll let you choose as many people as you want to reply to and you can do it all in one post. More efficient and breaks down on double posting.

I like posts from everyone, but I'm wondering why it would be a bad thing?

Yes, I agree and I feel like he's sort of a Mary Sue considering he seems to know so much and he almost never loses his cool. I dunno, he's just not introduced as much. My all time favorite is mikasa. The fandom seems to hate her though.

Hee hee.

Also yeah I find Mikasa pretty mysterious and would love for the anime to explore her further (character-wise!!! not whatever you're thinking!!!). She was probably the reason I continued watching the series. The other characters were kinda meh.

1 person likes this

Hee hee.

Also yeah I find Mikasa pretty mysterious and would love for the anime to explore her further (character-wise!!! not whatever you're thinking!!!). She was probably the reason I continued watching the series. The other characters were kinda meh.

I don't throw "I love you" around often, but I really of love you for this. And I think there will be a manga for her life and back story! but it's not yet out. Thanks so much for appreciating one of the best female characters I've seen in so long.