Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Dorama-rama Kojima Gakuen [Closed]

64 posts in this topic

Kojima is the place to be. Like every town in Japan it had it's beginnings humble and small. However greatness only comes to those who strive for it. While still a small town with a medium population, Kojima's citizens have always strived for excellence. There is no better example of this than Kojima Gakuen, a school with strict entrance exams that can be so demanding that a number of student from Kojima who cannot rise to the level of excellence required are left with the option to attend the schools in the neighbouring towns of Fuyukaba and Yosaki. However, for those who attend Kojima Gakuen, there is little doubt that a prosperous future lies ahead.

Perhaps most notable, is Kojima's extensive range of extra curricular activities including a large number of clubs and societies. Keeping with the town's drive for excellence, the school encourages it's clubs and societies to be the best it can be, resulting in their school holding some of the highest ranks in scholastic tournaments in sports and academics, as well as being home to some of the finest arts and cultural societies in Japan.

To be a part of Kojima Gakuen it is almost unheard of not to be a part of a club. Whether it be sports, music, tea ceremonies, cooking, dancing or calligraphy, Kojima Gakuen expects students to follow their passion. This is the story of a young man who has had his passion taken from him. Although initially lost and fearful for his future, the young man stumbles in to the school theatre after hours and stumbles in to a world he has never before experienced, the world of Drama.

His journey takes him to Kojima Gakuen's Drama Club, a world of expression, passion and creativity. A place where young people can experience the richness of life and the fullness of adventure through storytelling, performance and theatrics. Perhaps they will learn something about themselves too, as these bright young stars reach for a future in the world of performance arts, aiming for lofty goals such as prestigious Academies of Performing Arts, Theatres, hell, even Broadway!

So this rp is already closed because we have all the participants. The members involved in this rp are:

Kyo

Seanzilla

TriOctium

Wstfgl

HerculeHastings.

Get your character profiles up!!!

Mine:

Name: Hiraku "Hira" Kajiyama

Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/xbabnDL.png

Personality: While not unkind Hira struggles to express himself, and can come off as apathetic or uncaring at times. Hira is quite reserved and introspective, and currently quite lost in his own thoughts. Due to recent events he spends a lot of his time re-evaluating his life and his choices. He soon discovers the only way he can overcome his hang ups and truly express himself is on stage.

Bio:

Hiraku Kajiyama, known mostly as "Hira-kun" to his friends, has recently began his second year at Kojima Gakuen. During his first year at the school Hira was a capable athlete on the school Track Team. He participated in various competitions, excelling in 100m and 200m sprinting and Relay. During a Regional Tournament, after placing 1st in both 100m and 200m sprint, Hira also took part in the Relay. During his leg Hira lost his footing and fell hard on his left knee, causing a lasting injury that ruined his career as a runner.

Now only a few weeks in to his second year Hira is in a depressive slump. Although his knee has recovered enough for him to maintain a healthy life, he will never be able to run competitively again. Hira left the Track Team and hasn't currently signed up for any other clubs. His goal in life was to become a professional athlete, and with that dream taken from him, he does not know what to do with his time. He has distanced himself from the other students on the Track Team and only speaks to his childhood friend, Naoki Sawamura.

Also, I'm going to put the school uniform to vote. We could go with traditional mandarin collar style jackets, or blazers. Also girls decide if you want to wear a blazer and skirt or a sailor fuku!

Second link is zero chan no hotlink!

Edit: after a quick google search I've decided I like the style but I don't like the colour.

You don't have to follow the show's uniform for the boys D: I don't care much for it either. I'm just a huge fan of the girl's uniform :>

ALSO

Name: Sora Kawashima

Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Si7mpe0.png?1
Personality: Sora possesses and extremely sharp tongue and can be very blunt, but is also very sincere. This makes it hard for her to interact when people when she is being herself, which is why she fell in love with acting in the first place. It was her way of interacting without being her own snarky self, but after years of perfecting the craft she slowly realized that her true love was not acting, but directing and she deeply wishes she would one day get a chance to direct her own play.

Bio:

Sora grew up believing that acting was the only thing she’d ever love. The thrill of standing on a stage while portraying a character vastly different from her true self and experiencing her adventures by proxy seemed to be her very reason for breathing. In fact, it was thanks to acting that she managed to meet many of her close friends who she never would’ve been acquainted with if she hadn’t taken up theatre.

But one day, during the final play performed by the third years of the drama club, Sora noticed with how much love the director, 2 years her senior, watched as his masterpiece was played out on top of the stage. The palpable sense of euphoria was so strong that she couldn’t help but let a huge smile appear on her face. That intense feeling of happiness that the director had at that time was one that Sora had never felt, even though she believed acting was her one true calling, but now she wonders what steps she has to take to get a chance to direct one of the Drama Club’s plays.

Also it's Dorama not Durama

I vote that Jotaro's uniform be standard issue just because.

Fine, fixed. Also fine with the uniform. I don't like it but I don't like uniforms much regardless. It won't matter when I'm busy ACTING

Kyo will only be truly satisfied if all the uniforms are Kyoko Uniforms.

*cue the surreal sight of a power armored Student Council*

I feel like Wst is determined to make this Shounen As Fuck but I won't let him!

The koi choco uniforms work since Kojima is an elite school so we will go with that. Also Sanzi's director-chan is accepted. As a third year now is her time to shiiiiine.

Name: Watanabe Yasu (Yasu being the first name)

Appearance: This is it.

Oh wait oops wrong link~. This is the one.

I'll just describe Yasu here. He has short, soft blonde hair (though his fringe is getting a bit long and if it gets just a bit longer he'll be able to tuck it behind his ear). He has large blue eyes that always seem to reflect off the light at the right angle to make them shimmer. He has a frail and petite physique and a soft, hesitant voice. There is little wonder then that all his life people have mistaken him for a girl -- and the ambiguous name doesn't help. This has resulted in the unfortunate incident when the school uniform vendor sold him a girl's set instead of a boy's set. Stricken by embarrassment and too shy to ask for a replacement, he wears his own home clothes to school. Surprisingly, he never gets caught by the teachers.

Hooray for traps.

Personality:

Like all self-respecting traps, Yasu is shy and doesn't like to raise his voice. However, deep inside, his chest burns with a passion for drama. He wants to stand on the stage and express the personality he never dared to try out in real life! It was with this ambitious intent that he decided to join the drama club, hoping that someday he could get to play the role he craved most, the demented serial killer.

Up to now, he has only been asked to play the shy little girl roles.

He also has a bad case of stage fright, which only manifest on the day of the performance, or sometimes just a few hours before. He would suddenly run up to the Props Manager and ask if it was perhaps not too late to switch into the Props group. However, once the play started, he would fit effortlessly into his role, to the extent that one could never tell he was not a shy soft-spoken little girl.

Outside of acting, Yasu is a pretty easygoing guy once you get to know him better. He is nice to a fault and if you mistake his gender he'll just laugh it off. He also has a great curiosity for everything and will excitedly try everything out, though most of the time he will be too shy to show his excitement.

Bio:

Yasu is the oldest son in the family. He has 3 brothers -- a 13-year-old Hulking Bodybuilder, a 12-year-old Charming Playboy and a 10-year-old Bespectacled Genius. For unexplained reasons, all 3 of his younger brothers look much older than him. They all look like young adults, for that matter. His father is mostly out working overtime or on business trips, and his mother looks like a normal indulging mother. No one knows just what kind of family dynamic they have at home, for whenever Yasu brings his friends home, he perpetually wears an awkward expression on his face.

That said, his family members are all very supportive of his love for drama, and will all make an effort to attend every one of his performances.

His love for drama, by the way, blossomed very early on, when he was probably only 7 or 8 years old. His whole family had gone together to watch The Phantom of the Opera. He could not understand the story at the time, but the warmth when his mother had placed a hand around his shoulder, and the enthusiastic laughing and clapping of his father (which he could only hear at home once every month or so now) had made him feel surprisingly happy. He felt that in this cold, dark, crowded place, he had felt for the first time that he belonged, that his parents would always be around for him, and his father would laugh and clap someday watching him on the stage.

The idea of a 13 year old body builder and a 12 year old playboy is simply terrifying. So, of course, this profile is totally accepted!

13 year old bodybuilder?

I'm now imagining a midget version of Jotaro.

This RP is clearly going to be a fun one.

I thought that HH's post suggested that it was actually normal sized Jotaro who was actually only 13 years old. The voice and the man faces remain the same, of course.

1 person likes this

That is amazing.

I take it that his 12 year old brother looks like Takuto or some weirdness like that.

Maybe he caught Gamagoori Syndrome at a young age. Even with stunted growth he still towers over everyone but NBA players.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0