Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Dorama-rama Kojima Gakuen [Closed]

64 posts in this topic

I ran into a little bit of writer's block when desigining Yukiko's personality, so it might change as the course of the story progresses.

Name: Yukiko Minami

Appearance: http://www.anime-planet.com/images/characters/sayaka_maizono_51694.jpg

Personality: Yukiko has several 'faces' that she shows to others. Her most well-known persona is "Yuki-chan", the public idol image that she has built up in the past 2 years. Yuki-chan is bubbly, cheerful and outgoing, and often speaks in a cutesy tone when addressing crowds.

The second persona is the face she shows to strangers and acquaintances, or people she is not very familiar with. To these people, she is normally quiet and reserved, only speaking in the polite form so as to avoid offending them. In part, this is the personality that Sundown Studios wishes her to portray to others. The other reason is because Yukiko is innately shy when meeting new people.

The last persona that Yukiko possesses, her “true†persona, is the boyish, adamant and strong-willed Yukiko that her close friends know. As she is more confident around her close friends, she becomes much more confident and expressive, and can become quite argumentative in this manner as well.

History: A girl that has shown great natural talent in her singing voice, Yukiko has been an all-rounded achiever since she was young. She attended Kojima Elementary School together with Yuudai Shinozaki, and were friends for a period of time. At the age of 10, she became the champion of the Kojima Junior Idol Contest, winning her a scholarship and a contract with local publication company Sundown Studios to study in the prestigious Kojima High.

She participated in a number of singing competitions and television programmes since then, becoming quite famous among the small town of Kojima as a local-born idol. Unfortunately for her, Kojima High did not have a musical or singing club, and the closest she could find was the drama club. Despite not having any passion for acting, Sundown Studios insisted that she had to join the drama club as part of her scholarship requirements, in order to build up her stage presence.

Currently, Yukiko is not very well known outside Kojima and a few of its surrounding districts. However, she has dreams of becoming world-renowned one day, and practices hard every day to make that aspiration become a reality.

Actually this is pretty spoilery and I know Kyoko plans on watching an anime with a character with a certain name so Imma edit it out xD

Anyway I'll start this up once wst gets a profile up. Do you guys have any ideas for how to get the story rolling. At the moment I'm thinking of starting it a week or so in to the school year. I didn't really consider the fact that third year students seem to withdraw from clubs in third year due to college preparation so I've decided to drop his age to 16 so he'll be a second year.

Other than that my plan was to start things off fairly slowly and explore our characters daily lives and not really do anything with the drama club until everyone has settled in to their characters after exchanging a few posts. I was going to have it that Hira's friend Naoki wishes to join the drama club because he has a naive ambition to be a famous celebrity and have any girl he wants. Hira is coerced into tagging along to show his friend some support and see how things go. Initially he will keep to himself and only spectate within the club.

I've been talking with my girlfriend about her experience within drama clubs in school and from what I gather the first few weeks mostly consist of exercises to get people loosening up and expressing themselves, finding their comfort zones. Then there is talk of who is involved in what, such as writers, director, assistant director, stage technicians, actors, etc. usually people sort of pitch in wherever they can and depending on how many people are available, people often have several roles. For example my girlfriend is currently assistant director for the play her drama group are doing, but she will also be playing a part in the play.

Unlike perhaps most school clubs, our representative teacher will have a more hands on approach more like a coach for a sports team in that sense. Most people in the school will know him as a rather boring and dry-witted English teacher (although I'll be avoiding doing too much inside his class (because how the hell do you differentiate English from japanese when your are speaking English as japanese in the Roleplay!?) but inside the drama club he transforms himself in to his true form, a charismatic and passionate drama coach who inspires the hearts of many with his theatrical speeches. Perhaps some may find this unfortunate, but he will not be a naked nudist because this is a realistic rp and people get arrested for exposing themselves to youngsters even of their nipples do sparkle.

If people have any ideas for specific interactions between each other's characters right off the bat then please mention so we can prepare!

Sorry I can't get my stuff up immediately, I've been kinda busy these few days.

I'll fix it up in a few hours when I can finally go home.

No rush or anything, take your time. I've been working all week too so I probably wouldn't have got it up any quicker anyway.

Most people in the school will know him as a rather boring and dry-witted English teacher (although I'll be avoiding doing too much inside his class (because how the hell do you differentiate English from japanese when your are speaking English as japanese in the Roleplay!?)

Gratuitous katakana, of course.

Or if it makes things easier for you, he could be a French teacher cuz the school's posh? XD

Yasu's 15, so he should be a fairly new addition too, probably only joined a few months prior. So he won't have many friends within the club, but outside the club you'll find he always has a bunch of girls to lunch with. Mm but is the club going to comprise just our characters or will there be other people? If it's just us then we'll probably have to rotate directing etcetera roles for whenever someone has ideas. That said, I think we need a fairly normal person in the drama club. Like a true drama club kind of person. Otherwise I don't foresee things working out very well for the club.

We should probably have several NPCs to flesh out the club. A drama club with 5 members would be dull.

Can we have a bishounen Props Manager who is nice and responsible and friendly and enthusiastic and well-liked, and most of all handsome, but for some odd reason is never considered for acting? XD

We need to have a straight guy. All jokes become funnier if a straight guy is in the scene.

1 person likes this

I'm the hot-blooded Prop Manager who makes amazing props and really wants to act... But sadly, has been passed over every time because the Drama Club usually doesn't need a guy who SHOUTS ALL THE TIME.

Yes I'm practically playing myself why do you ask

We should have a straight man bishonen who is inexplicably like the stagehand or something.

But a wardrobe manager has to be FABULOUS or it doesn't work. I propose that our wardrobe be this really tough-looking dude. Who's fabulous anyway.

So I vote the bishie should be the stagehand, which causes girls to swoon at all the scene transitions instead of the actual meat of the play.

Name: Gai Kusanagi

Appearance:  

gai.jpg

Personality: One look at that picture should tell you most of what you need to know about Gai.

He's a very passionate, driven person who puts HIS BURNING SPIRIT into the THINGS HE BELIEVES IN, and will not falter until HE HAS ATTAINED ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! As you can probably tell, he likes shouting. He maintains this conviction in seemingly everything he does, from studying (that's how he even got into Kojima Gakuen to begin with), to prop-making, his specialty in the Drama Club -- and his obsession with conspiracy theories. He's firmly convinced that 'the truth is out there somewhere', especially with regards to his pet theory -- that somewhere beneath Kojima is a gateway into another dimension!

He's wrong. By about an hour's ride by train, but that is a different story for a different time.

Background: Gai is the second son of Kenta Kusanagi, an extremely renowned traditional swordsmith who carries a tradition that has been passed down for GENERATIONS! While Gai was never in line to become the successor of the family line, and wasn't particularly interested in sword-making anyway, he still picked up a knack for doing things with his hands from being raised by a family of craftsmen. 

Out of the friends he had in middle school, he was the only one who actually made it to Kojima Academy, having put his UNBREAKABLE RESOLVE into doing his family proud and enrolling in this prestigious school. In hopes of finding a new social circle, he decided to join the Drama Club on a whim, and when his talents were noticed, quickly became the club's preeminent prop-maker.

However, despite his skill with props, he actually desires to someday be the leading man; the prop manager is often an under-appreciated job, and he desires to be in the limelight for once. However, since most roles don't require a guy who vaguely resembles a super robot pilot from a 1970s anime to start screaming at the top of his lungs, his acting abilities remain untested. Someday, he hopes to change that.

He harbors a strongly-held conviction in various conspiracy theories, and frequently attempts to convince others of their validity -- so far, to little success. The most receptive individual to his stories was one of his neighbors who studied in Fuyukaba, who politely nodded and called it very interesting, and promptly started snickering uncontrollably the moment Gai was out of earshot.

So who's the straight guy now? The fabulous wardrobe manager or the bishie stagehand?

But the drama coach is also fabulous. Too much fabulous. The wardrobe manager should be straight despite handling fabulous outfits all day.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0