HerculeHastings

The Weekly S*T Scoop 13

12 posts in this topic

Before I go into the link, I'd like to just say that this article is in need of urgent feedback. Mainly cuz I've read it over and now I'm convinced it sucks. T.T

So basically this is my first attempt to do a series known as the Holly Hearts Happy Tips, where I write guides for newcomers to know what to do on S*T (or in any other roleplaying forum) for the first time. However, it seems really boring. Kyo has told me that it needs pictures, so I'll work on that if I ever go into the next issue. But I think more importantly, it needs humour. So I must remember not to be too serious.

http://surreality-rp.tumblr.com/day/2014/02/26

Also, just thought you may want to know that our S*T Tumblr is active almost everyday, with reblogs by Kyo on various amusing stuff. The reblog at the top is 1 such example. XD

The purple text on black background is not something i'm personally a fan of. I agree with the points about images and maybe a self-awareness not to be too serious, but I just found it difficult to read because I don't think black is a good background to be used for any colour of text, at least directly. It's fine as a border, etc. as you can do with Surreality, in fact that's how I have it set up. But it's not the background on which the majority of the text is placed. That might just be me though.

I agree, it becomes a little tedious to read or maybe it just seems to make me want to not read it? Either way, black makes the color of the letters appear too neon. Plus I feel that the tumblr page could look similar to the way this forum does. With the white background and various toned down colors for borders or letters. I followed so I'll be reading your stuff anyway :)

Yep that's my fault. Was experimenting with the layout and, well, I quit out of it and didn't realise it had saved. I'll see what I can work it. Just trying to find a good colour scheme. Difficult to find a "forum colour" since we have style editing on the forum.

Apparently the most popular forum colour match, from what I heard, is Slate + Marble. XD

Also for the first time in Holly Hearts' writing career, she has a writer's block. I can't even set down the first word. T.T

You can always hire a Pulitzer-winning journalist... If you don't mind compromising the moral integrity of the Scoop of course.

Haha I shall do so for next issue, if said journalist offers himself again.

In the meantime, I shall try my hand at these horoscope things too, since Shelmii likes them so much. And then I'll actually try to be funny.

Funny is such a typical characteristic. You, my dear, are so much more than that...

1 person likes this

Tristan will be available for hire roughly two weeks from now as well!

I'm in agreement with PP regarding color scheme.

I also thing that it's a rather long post. I think it would have been beautiful if it was split up more. I feel like tumblr is more accessible if the posts are short and to the point. I think wordpress or another similar blog software would be more appropriate for long posts. 

Also- I don't use tumblr much at all- but from what I've seen- people can't comment back, right? If not- it would be fun if it linked back to the forum and her "activity" for readers would be to create a character of some sort :) 

Just some thoughts!

1 person likes this

Hi limerence. Yes, that sounds like a great idea. I must say I haven't seen people commenting back so I do think it's not allowed.

And yes, I must've been too engrossed in writing to notice the length. That said, how about the rest of the posts? The more comedic ones, that is. Are they still too lengthy overall?

And of course, colour scheme will be something Kyokomori will look into once she has the time and the design mojo. Let's just hope it's not peppered with demonic runes and monster posters.

I've consulted my social media and publicity agents, and they've advised that I put up more selfies. I should also consider buying a pet because all bishounen stars have a pet. Maybe a dog, a cat and a bird. Hm, that sounds like overkill though.

And of course, colour scheme will be something Kyokomori will look into once she has the time and the design mojo. Let's just hope it's not peppered with demonic runes and monster posters.

You underestimate her delusional capabilities! It will be peppered with runes, monsters and 1,700 year old fairy mages.