Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yajuu_Kikuishi

Batman: Arkham Knight - Oh yes!

9 posts in this topic

So, the next game in this series has been announced and a wicked looking trailer has been released...and it looks freaking sweet!

Official Info:

In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.

Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.

So what are your thoughts? Are you looking forward to it? Are you even a fan of the series? Do you hate it with a passion and are disgusted that they even thought of making another game? Come one and all and discuss!

Personally, this might have gone to the top of my most anticipated games list of this year. I am a massive fan of the series as a whole and have enjoyed every game so far. Sure, there were some points Arkham Origins could have done better with but it didn't detract from my entertainment and enjoyment and for me; that is the most important thing. I can only hope that driving the Batmobile will be as awesome as I am imagining it (or at least somewhat as awesome as I am imagining it as I suspect I may be imagining something too awesome to appear in videogame form!) because it's design looks hella sweet. Hopefully they'll expand Gotham to a respectable size to make driving the Batmobile more than simply a gimmick to grab fans; but regardless, I am so~o looking forward to this one!

I won't be holding my breath. Asylum was amazing. City was downright incredible. Then Origins really let me down and the world was just a bit 'meh', it wasn't very well done, so I more or less gave it a pass. I won't be getting this day one, i'll wait and see how people perceive it in general and maybe i'll try a demo or something or rent it, rather than outright buying it.

I haven't played any of the series, but I've watched plenty of people play it. It seems interesting, as long as it has a good underlying villain in the end. 

Batman has such cool stuff!

I want a Kyokomori-mobile! Death!

I'm weird about these games. I played through a fair bit of Asylum, but never finished it. Skipped City. And only played a little bit of Origins. They're fun enough, but they just don't seem to entice me enough to actually keep playing.

I didn't really like traveling the city in Origins. A friend tells me that's because I didn't play City, which gets you used to doing so, whereas of course Asylum was just in the one location. I think that's what really puts me off those games - I'm really not interested in traveling at all. It just feels like a chore when I just want to go fight more dudes already. And so yeah, I guess I play along merrily while I'm progressing through a location, but then when it throws to the sort of open world travel to the next mission, I lose interest.

@ Valentine, Although Origins wasn't bad, I agree that it was the worst of the three. But of course, one must remember that Asylum and City were Rockstar and Origins was WB Montreal; Rockstar are back for this one (I say back but they never really left as they were working on this even while Origins was announced and released by WB), so make with that what you will. If Asylum and City are anything to go by, I suspect that Knight will bring the bar back up.

@Demonic, it seems Scarecrow is in charge this time around but I'm not totally convinced that he'll be the final villian...something tells me that someone else is hovering in the background. Seeing as this is the finale of the series, I hope to see some of the other Villians return that didn't really conclude their arcs in previous games (Namely Ra's Al Ghul.)

@Daysie, I'm surprised you haven't played Arkham City, it was superior to Asylum in nearly everway and is definately worth a play. I suppose it's really down to what you like because the growing open worldness of the Arkham games is a major draw for me. To be able to swoop around as Batman in any way that I want is pretty damn cool and as I've mentioned before, I hope driving in the Batmobile is just as fun as claw-diving everyone in previous games. Whether there will be quick travel like in Origins is obviously yet to be seen, but if the world is larger I suspect a quick travel option might be available. Maybe even the same as Origins in that they'll use the Batwing as quick travel and the Batmobile for awesomeness.

@ Valentine, Although Origins wasn't bad, I agree that it was the worst of the three. But of course, one must remember that Asylum and City were Rockstar and Origins was WB Montreal; Rockstar are back for this one (I say back but they never really left as they were working on this even while Origins was announced and released by WB), so make with that what you will. If Asylum and City are anything to go by, I suspect that Knight will bring the bar back up.

Mmm, well, if Rockstar is back in charge of it, then yeah, i'm back on board, more or less. My issue going from Asylum/City to Origins, is that in Asylum/City there is a TON of stuff in the world that shows you how much thought and care Rockstar put into the game. Virtually every corridor you turn has some little reference to an enemy or previous encounter with a villain or someone from the world of the comics, etc. It's so much more immersing when you feel like you're walking through a world that's lived in, where previous events have occurred. Now, someone once argued with me on this point. Saying that because it's Origins, and a prequel, that most of his enemies haven't been met yet, and up to that point he's only been fighting thugs. But my problem with this idea is that they could have still made an effort to involve all that great stuff - it just wouldnt mean anything to Bruce, it would be purely for the gamer. But whatever eh, if Rockstar are back in control, then i'm on board - at least in hopes.

@Demonic, it seems Scarecrow is in charge this time around but I'm not totally convinced that he'll be the final villian...something tells me that someone else is hovering in the background. Seeing as this is the finale of the series, I hope to see some of the other Villians return that didn't really conclude their arcs in previous games (Namely Ra's Al Ghul.)

I'm almost certain that the main villain is actually Hush. I won't talk about him because it'd ruin a lot of him just to attempt to explain him, so I wont and if you know nothing about him, try not to pry into his past cus you will inevitably take the chance of spoiling a possible reveal they intend to show in the game. He's a cool enough character, anyway, and I guess we just have to wait and see what they do with him to see if he's worth being the key villain.

I'm almost certain that the main villain is actually Hush. I won't talk about him because it'd ruin a lot of him just to attempt to explain him, so I wont and if you know nothing about him, try not to pry into his past cus you will inevitably take the chance of spoiling a possible reveal they intend to show in the game. He's a cool enough character, anyway, and I guess we just have to wait and see what they do with him to see if he's worth being the key villain.

Whether he ends up as the main villain or not, I'm sure Hush will appear and fulfill some kind of important role within the game. Seeing as the last time we saw him in the Arkham games...

he had wandered off with Bruce Wayne's face.

and we haven't heard hide nor hair of him since, it is almost certain he'll appear in some capacity.