Valentine

Roleplaying Classifieds

38 posts in this topic

tm015-th.jpg
        I want you to roleplay!

It's time to get your classified down, it's time to meet new role-players and find people with similar tastes to your own! These are the role-playing classifieds. This topic is here for all members and staff to put up a short template that sums up your interests, preferences and ability in role-playing and browse other people's templates to find partners for your role-plays.

First, just make yourself a classified by using this template, filling it out and posting it up:

Username: (self explanatory)
Name: (if you like)
Available Times: (what days/times are you most often available)
Post Length: (how long do you like your posts)
Post Frequency: (how often can you post in any given week/month on average)
RP Preferences: (what sort of RPs do you like? post-apoc? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Realistic?)
Contact Details: (whether you want to PM/chat on site, over skype, or whatever else)

Once you've done that, be sure and check the classifieds for other role-players who share your tastes, on a regular basis. The more people that add their classified, the more likely you will be able to find others of a similar mind. Happy writing!!!

1 person likes this

And to get the ball rolling --

Username: Valentine
Name: Adam or Val

Available Times: I'm online at a lot of different times, so for the most part I can fit in with your schedule, but i'm in the UK so i'm GMT 0, just keep that in mind because i'm not often online at 5am (not often, but it happens. lol).

Post Length: Reasonably long, 5-10 paragraphs.

Post Frequency: I can post once or twice a week, it varies.
RP Preferences: I love fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, post-apoc, fictional history, ancient Japan, supernatural, vampire and fandom/anime.

Contact Details: Best place to contact me is either a PM on the site, or over Skype at:   the-valentine  (I usually chat/RP brainstorm over Skype).

Username: Reid
Name: ...Still Reid.
Available Times: CST: On and off at night on weekdays, afternoons and evenings Friday to Sunday.
Post Length: I will not work with anything less than two paragraphs. Otherwise I give what I get (and often with interest).
Post Frequency: This is also something we need to establish. By default, I would probably post once every two days or otherwise tell you. If the pacing is set so a post every other day is okay, etc., I don't mind.

RP Preferences: Post-apoc, steampunk, medieval, semi-realistic, romance, LGBT, and any lovely mishmash of the aforementioned. I don't mind other genres though.
Contact Details: PMing works but I most enjoy talking through the RP on IM in Skype. My contact is owl_of_midnight.

I'm a Sophomore, Education major and sometimes things do get a little crazy. But I can guarantee to strive for fairness and courteousness unless you give me reason to do otherwise, and will always let a partner know if I can't get back to them in time. I'll expect the same from them.

Also, I enjoy letting to know my partner as a friend and talking through the RP at least a little to plan things out. I don't bite. ;)

Username: Nikkia
Name: Lindsay
Available Times: Most days / times - I'm located in EST and am mostly available afternoon - evening. I can also often be online while working.
Post Length: 5-10 paragraphs. Depends on what I'm given to work with. 
Post Frequency: Depending on my inspiration / motivation I can posted anywhere from once a week to multiple times a day. It depends entirely upon the synergy I have with the other players.
RP Preferences: I really enjoy a lot of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Fan Fiction roleplays. However, shoot me any of your ideas and if they interest me, I'll definitely consider taking part.
Contact Details: I can be contacted here via the PM system or on skype - nikk1a ; please mention in the add "message" that you are from surreality when you add me. 

Username: DragonGuard
Name:
Available Times: I will mostly be on in evenings of GMT + 1, might check once a while in weekends or whatnot.
Post Length: I like long posts, I have not been able to get that out of my system just yet (the first day at school one is kinda uninteresting but all I have to graduate here...), but expect some lengthy stuff from me.
Post Frequency: I'll post as often as I can, I'm not quite sure what my schedule will be, but I expect to be able to post at least once every two to three days.
RP Preferences: I have done loads of (epic) fantasy RPs, and I like them, but I'm really interested in new stuff too. So I wanna explore with new types of characters and new types of genres. (no yaoi though)
Contact Details: I guess the best ways to contact me are through PM here and any OOC topic of the RP.

Name: Sono
Available Times: Nighttime (PST)
Post Length: Not one sentence and not novels either unless I really like you. I don't have the patience to read that shit. I just want quality.
Post Frequency: At least once daily.

RP Preferences:

Likes: Dark fantasy, gothic, drama, adventure, realistic modern, action, BL/yaoi. Anything with heavy character focus.

Doesn't really like: Post-apoc, pure sci-fi, zombies, comedy. However, I'm fairly open to anything interesting, even if it's out of my comfort zone.

Notes: I play a host of pretty men. It's just my thing. When it comes to romance I'm purely MxM. I like to keep romance out of most general RPs, however, if they're not specifically one-on-one BL RPs, so don't worry; my guy very likely won't hit on you.

Contact Details: PM only

Last Updated: July 2014

Name: Meheres
Available Times: Variable; subject to change. GMT-7.00
Post Length: Quality over quantity
Post Frequency: Variable; at least once a week.
RP Preferences: Cyberpunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Dark fantasy, Gothic horror, or anything with dark themes and moods.
Contact Details: PM

Username: Amberina
Name: Ambi
Available Times: Most days and evenings, depending on my job, but definitely not Sunday and Monday nights, as I usually work those two days.
Post Length: At least 1-2 good paragraphs, given what I'm working with at the time, 3-5 paragraphs if my muse is being friendly.
Post Frequency: once or twice a week usually, more if, again, my creative juices are flowing.
RP Preferences: I'm used to writing in Fantasy, Sci-fi, and a mix of the two with a high school/college theme, but I'd like to try a fan fiction, post-apocalyptic, or horror to challenge myself 
Contact Details: PM, skype if I'm comfortable with you

Username: Loki
Name: Broki (lol no just Loki is fine)
Available Times: I live in EST and I'm a graduate student. good luck.
Post Length: On average? 4 paragraphs. I say paragraphs because paragraphs are wildly vague lengths of verbiage, and echoing the above, quality over quantity. I prefer length to non-length in general.
Post Frequency: I try for a post a day, at minimum a post every other day, because if it's slower than that I tend to lose interest.
RP Preferences: I like yaoi and BL; fantasy: low fantasy, historical fantasy, dark fantasy, vampires, and AU; sci-fi: post-apoc, survival horror, high-tech, steampunk; fandom (inquire within)
Contact Details: PM

Username: Blackfrost
Name: Some people call me Kyo, it's an old username, I respond to either that or Blackfrost so go nuts!
Available Times: this tends to change quite a lot. I have ever-changing work shift patterns, I have University lectures, time to do project work, managing stuff on Surreality as well as a fairly demanding social life. As such I almost exclusively do private 1-on-1 role plays with someone who is comfortable with potentially taking breaks should I get busy. 
Post Length: Long like the freakin' Bible. As long as it ain't boring. 
Post Frequency: anything from 5 - 30 posts a month. It just depends how busy I am. 
RP Preferences: Anything really. I like all sorts of genres, I like playing all sorts of characters, I've even played females on occasion. I'm a bit of a stickler for good storytelling. I like to plan ahead and establish key plot points so that the story can be directed without being aimless. 
Contact Details: PM is probably the easiest, fastest and most effective means of contact. 

Username: Junsui
Name: Jen, Jeni, Jun, whatever floats your boat.
Available Times: I'm GMT, and I work full-time. I'm available evenings and weekends though. Mostly evenings as I'm sometimes busy weekends. There may be a day or so I won't reply but if I have something going I make the effort to check more often. 
Post Length: Depends on the RP, mid-long. 
Post Frequency: Again depends what I've got going on in terms of RPs, I probably couldn't manage more than 3 posts a week. 
RP Preferences: I'm open to most things, I used to like RPs with dark, moody themes but I also like sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, fantasy... I did a few RPs long ago based on FF8 that had a University/Garden setting and I really enjoyed that. I like a good romance too. Also up for realistic RPs. I guess just get in touch and let me know :-)

Contact Details: Skype is jenlucy_hocking or PM. Email is good too jenlucyhocking@gmail.com as I check that often. 

Username: Jmb1
Name: Jimmy,James,Jim, Jimbo, Yojimbo, Yoji, Augustus, Dormammu, Dorm, The Dread Lord, Wade, Deadpool, and Wilson
Available Times: EST 12 am to 12 pm-3 am
Post Length: a paragraph or two usually.
Post Frequency: I am usually quick several a day if need be
RP Preferences: Horror, Thriller, and fantasy
Contact Details: Just pm me

Username: Red Alpha
Name: Cirith, Zechs and Sideshot are also some of my online names.
Available Times: GMT+1 zone, usually i'm available after 5 or 6 o'clock untill 10. on weekends, basically all day.
Post Length: a couple of paragraphs in the beginning post, but afterwards two or even one if it needs to speed up.
Post Frequency: at least once a week, I check for updates every few hours and try to come up with what i post throughout the week.
RP Preferences: I can enjoy any story, but if I can contribute to the setting, all the better! I most often take part in Fandom or fantasy these days.
Contact Details: contact through PM works fine and I'm also available on Steam for more general things, you can always join me on TF2 (ID Dalecross, screen name SideShot)

Username: Morely
Available Times: Weekends are best since I have no classes/work then. Otherwise, early evenings during the week most days.
Post Length: I like a good two minimum paragraphs for a post after that to infinity and beyond, as long as they have content. 
Post Frequency: ~2-4 times a week, increase/decrease depending on homework load.
RP Preferences: I'm open to most any kind of genre, although I'm not too keen on :sci-fi, heavy romance, zombies, stereotypical post-apoc, or vampire/werewolves (I've done them a little too often).
Contact Details: PM is the easiest way to get a hold of me.

1 person likes this

Username: Alias

Name: Jynx

Available Times: EST... I'm only on on my phone. I'm usually available anytime, but that depends on the day mostly.

Post Length: usually a paragraph or two, but that depends greatly upon who I'm playing with.

Post Frequency: on average I can post multiple times a day. As long as I'm keeping up and not over posting... I'm happy ^^

RP Preferences: post-apoc, sci-fi, drama, all kinds really. And if I can get involved in plot advancement all the better...

Contact Details: contact through PM works fine. I have kik (alias_X) ... If I get to know AMD like you, I'm not afraid to give out my email or p.number.

Username: Yajuu_Kikuishi
Name: Yajuu
Available Times: I'm on GMT+0 but due to the nature of my work, I can be available at any time of the day. Can't really be more specific then that I'm afraid but I always visit the site once a day at the least. (Whatever time that happens to be.)
Post Length: Should the opportunity arrive, my posts will go on forever. Failing that, I'll always aim for 2-3 paragraphs.
Post Frequency: Realistically speaking, 1-3 days. Depends on my level of creativity on any particular day.
RP Preferences: Big fan of Fantasy but other than that, I'm up for pretty much anything if it sounds good.
Contact Details: If I don't reply in OOC, then PM is your best bet. Although I am now frequenting Skype as Yajuu_Kikuishi.

Username: Neferteri
Name: Neferteri Setti
Available Times: Off days are Tue and Wed, I work full time but have plenty of time to make a reply everyday.

Post Length: I am not concerned with length, but rather have the need that you include good information and descriptions so that I can write well for you. The more information, details and description, the less I have to guess as to your post etc

Post Frequency: Everyday

RP Preferences: Medieval, Medieval Fantasy, I'll do all genre if in the mood. Top two are my preferences.

Contact Details: Skype: Neferteri. I can chat in all programs but skype is best for me.

Other Info: I'm a RP Whore, I managed up to 20 RPs at a single tiem. No kids. So I'm always up to making lots of new RPs!

1 person likes this

Username: ErogenousEnigma
Name: Ero, Enigma, Glass, Daemon
Available Times: Evenings before midnight EST.
Post Length: Depends on the story, the speed of the story, if the post involves scenarios which need to be responded too by the other players(i.e. conversations). On average 3-5 paragraphs. 
Post Frequency: Post frequency depends on interest, the more interested I am the quicker I come up with a response, ideally, daily.
RP Preferences: Fantasy, medieval, romance!!, anything with a lot of drama usually appeals to me. I'm not a big fan of sci-fi, futuristic, and/or space.

Character Preference:  I can enjoy just about any role, females, males, hermaphrodites, gay-straight(except for malexmale), villains and heroes, but I have to have a passion for my character.
Contact Details: PM, skype - glassdaemon

Other Notes: *I don't care if people lose interest in a rp, it happens, I just wish THEY'D TELL ME! Especially if it's a group and there are multiple people who could continue the rp without them, but aren't because they're being polite and waiting. 

*I like people who bring their own side stories. I find it very exciting that there is plot A going on but then suddenly this character has an interaction with something else entirely that stirs the drama plot! I often try to bring side stories to the table because it keeps it interesting and realistic, versus just being a pawn that has no life outside of the main story. I do this best with pre-designed characters.

*I love 'oxymoron' like characters, for instance a zombie priest is one of my DnD characters. Seyerna and Sage are an oxymoronic couple in that Seyerna is the female who is a demon and is extremely helpful and friendly, where as Sage is a human, the male, almost angelic with his powers, but is very cold and kind of cruel(This plays off the angelic female and the demonic male that fall in love).

1 person likes this

Username: Setsuna Scarlett
Name: Just call me Setsuna or Scarlett :3
Available Times: Most weekends, and on weekdays anytime between 4PM and 11PM EST, the exception being Tuesdays.
Post Length: Depends on the roleplay really, but usually between 3-8 paragraphs.
Post Frequency: Again, depends on the roleplay. I am fairly vigilant about checking the various social networks I am on everyday.
RP Preferences: I enjoy most genres, but not zombies, and I'm not a big fan of realistic settings. But other than that I'm open to most genres.
Contact Details: Best way is PM. But you can also Kik me ( urnotascoolasme ) or Skype works as well ( setsunascarlett )

Username: sarabee

Name: Sara

Available Times: Pretty much all day, every day. I'm in school, but I have free time interspersed throughout my schedule so my availability will change depending on the day. Most of the time, I can count on weekdays after six o'clock and weekends.

Post Length: My posts vary depending on the subject matter, but I usually average one page in Microsoft Word 2010 (normal spacing, size twelve font.) That, in my experience, is about five to six good-sized paragraphs. 

Post Frequency: I like to post as often as possible because I'm a very impatient person, and my life is a lot easier if I assume that everyone around me is impatient, too. So I try to knock out my posts as soon as I receive a reply. Generally speaking, this leaves me posting my reply every two or three days.

RP Preferences: The only type of roleplay I've ever stuck with is post-apocalyptic, but I would say that my ideal type would be some sort of horror/fantasy conglomeration (or either of the two separately.) I'm not as good in fandom roleplays for the sole reason that staying within the boundaries of pre-existing character traits is a little difficult for me. I do better with original stories/plots because I have the ability to create and control a character who is completely my own.

Contact Details: If you're intersted in something I've posted, I would prefer that you message me on the site for all of my other contact information. I'm not totally thrilled by the idea of posting my Skype name and email up here because, well, you know. Privacy and all. But if you message me and ask for it, I'll give it to you. That being said, my preferred method of communication would be over Skype.

Username: Alisyn
Name: Alisyn
Available Times: Evenings, typically
Post Length: Quality over quantity... but I'm usually somewhere around 500 words.
Post Frequency: At least once a week, hopefully.
RP Preferences:

• Preferred: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy (especially dark), Historical, Medieval, Mystery, Romance (as secondary plot--I play M/M and M/F), Speculative Fiction (utopian/dystopian, apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic, alternate history, etc.), Certain Fandoms/Anime/Manga (feel free to contact me for details)
  • Will do if the plot interests me: Comedy, Reality, Science Fiction
  • Will not do: Horror/Thriller, Pure Romance

Contact Details: PM

Username: Lady_Fate
Name: Fate
Available Times: it varies, but typically in the Evenings of Pacific standard time
Post Length: generally my posts match the lengths of my co-authors. But if I had to guess, i suppose I'd average 4-6 paragraphs on a consistent basis. 
Post Frequency: My batting average is probably 3 times a week, but again this varies. There will be a stretch where I'm very active and can post multiple times in a day, and then there will be a week without opportunity for me to do so. I try to at least pop in to check on things once a day.
RP Preferences: I like to boast a wide range of interests... I'm very interested in all listed, but favorites are in Purple Italics

Settings

• Historical Fantasy (Medieval Dragons & Elves, Dwarves & Centaurs, Victorian VampiresWerewolves, and Mermaids)
  • Modern Fantasy (more vampires and werewolves, witches and wizards, Angels vs Demons, Grim Reapers)
  • Otherworldly Fantasy (Olympus and/or Valhalla, parallel worlds, Medieval kingdoms)
  • Sci-fi (Futuristic other-worlds, spaceships, aliens, cyborgs, post-apocolyptic)
  • *some* fandom (Skyrim, Star Trek, Star Wars, MiddleEarth, Assassins Creed, Hogwarts, A Song of Ice and Fire)
  • Contemporary (Boarding School, Mystery, Conspiracy) 

Themes

• Adventure
  • Action
  • Romance *not pure romance - but what story isn't complete without a little spark thrown in?!?*
  • Drama

Contact Details: 

• PM

Username: Lucy198906
Name: Lucy
Available Times: EST mostly nights, late nights dpending on work the next day
Post Length: 3 or more paragrahs.
Post Frequency: Once or twice a week, more often the more involved I am with a role play.
RP Preferences: I enjoy most Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure, and Mystery. Am open to different and new kinds.
Contact Details: You may contact me through pm's and skype if we become more comfertable.

Username: Resonance
Name: Kaman
Available Times: I've got massive responsibilities and a huge docket of current threads on two other sites. That said, it's anyone's guess where I'll post on any given day.
Post Length: It varies. Can be dependent on writing partners. I am not known for itty-bitty posts; I write mostly in Google Docs these days, and my posts typically run a minimum of 3/4 to 1 1/2 pages within the program, or more. I can provide examples (outside of Surreality) of my posts, if you ask nicely. I will not tolerate itty-bitty posts from my writing partners, so don't you dare.
Post Frequency: It's probably best if you're okay with a very slow posting schedule, and breaks. Depression and anxiety have made for heavy blows to my creativity, so it's a struggle to find the will to write, despite the heavy desire to do so.
RP Preferences: I usually have no self-control or willpower where roleplaying is concerned, but as mentioned above, my creativity has been suffering. That being said, I love Star Wars... as if that wasn't obvious. I'll do sci-fi, fantasy, horror. I'll do werewolves and vampires and mutants. I'll do "normal" people (Pfft. Normal is a setting on the clothes dryer!). I'll do really dirty, nasty, disgusting stuff. I am completely non-preferential as to the sex, gender, or sexuality of characters, mine and yours. Quite frankly, there's a lot I'll do, but I'm not a fan of writing fanfic-ish stuff on intellectual properties I don't have a deep familiarity with. Adapting a concept I can do (if given the gist of the reference property we're working from), but hardcore canonical won't fly as I don't really have the time to put into bringing my knowledge up to snuff on things I'm not familiar with. I typically sit in the PG13 range and upwards, all the way to and including X.

Contact Details: My contact details are on my profile. Skype is PREFERRED. I'm nearly always on the thing. Pretty much guaranteed you'll get ahold of me.

Username: Shelmii

Name: Mishal

Available Times: depends on everything, but I'm on almost all day since my device is with me anyway. GMT -6 I believe, if that means anything.

Post Length: the length of a post doesn't irk me as much as a lack of effort does. I won't force you to respond to me with a longer than life post. I'd much rather have a short and decent post with clear indications that you cared or at least put in some effort than one that has a bunch of junk in it only to fill it up for length reasons. Just show me that you're into the roleplay and that should be enough.

Post Frequency: again, everything depends on the situation, but I love to roleplay so I'll post as many times as I can weekly, daily even because I write fast, esp if I'm biased. e.e"

RP Preferences: the question really is, what genres/roleplays do you hate? Because I can work with anything and what I can work with or am confident with I will essentially enjoy. There's often these parings I have in mind which I love plotting about and they don't have to be super romancy or at all, but they need to have some kind of a relationship with one another. Post apocalyptic, bloody, depressing and angsty, action, maybe battling type, ESPECIALLY ATTACK ON TITAN, smut based is fine with me, just not yaoi/yuri.

Contact Details: just pm here for now is the best way, if you need any other mode of contact you can ask me via pm.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead