Seanzilla

[Open] [DnD] Dungeon Master Online Episode 3

195 posts in this topic

How far do the downloads tend to get? I could split the file into even smaller pieces still.

Failing that, it is possible to make your character without the Character Builder or the PHB. I could basically just take you through it step by step, telling you what your options are, etc. I could then enter it into my Character Builder to create your character sheet, which I could then send to you (the actual character sheets are only few hundred KB at least).

Ah... the pieces stalled at 1MB, which is probably more trouble than it's worth to download 121 individual bits, as opposed to just waiting until I get home. Odd. Normally they'd stall at 5MB.

Additionally, it doesn't seem fair to stall the RP's starting for two weeks just for my sake. I'd propose reopening the signups until such time as I'm capable of getting back; if anyone else wants in, they're welcome to my spot. If not, well, two weeks, I guess...

Okay, then I'm starting the RP as soon as Wst's character joins the guild.

One group will have only 4 members, but I'll scale the encounters so it all stays even.

Worry not - I'm sure I'll be able to join the next one ^.^

Okay, then I'm starting the RP as soon as Wst's character joins the guild.

So my and Octy's new characters don't need to do so?

And as for me, having 3 characters now, should they all be in it? Like, creating a new character creates some spare gold out of nothing. So if all 3 characters go in, I'll be able to pay a bigger chunk of the castle money than someone with just their 1 character. Particularly if I sell one or more of their magic items since I may not use the old characters as much.

I also forget if you mentioned any sort of requirement on character use - that you can only keep old characters around if you still actually use them at a certain frequency or something such. Basically I'm trying to decide whether I should throw Solitude into the guild for the sake of it or not. I'm probably not gonna use him again (though if he were to be in the guild, I'd still probably RP him in the castle thread occasionally).

Yeah, your new characters should also join.

And all of your characters share an inventory, so if you spend gold on character A it means B and C also lose gold. (To prevent people from creating one use characters just to gund guild stuff). If you want a new character with a separate inventory he has to start oit as an entirely new character.

Okay that sounds simple enough. The remaining question is Magic Items then. The way it was, each new character would start with the same amount of magic items as your others, and so you'd roll a new item right? In that case, new characters would still result in extra profit from extra magic items.

Unless it was that they collectively only have 1 magic item, and we imagine it changes into something fitting for each of them - so if one sells it, then all the characters lose access to their 1 shared magic item?

Yes, exactly that.

If you sell a magic item on one character, your others also lose one, but I won't engorce a 'equal level rule'; you are free to pick what item they'd lose.

Cool, all done and shared:

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/6599

Also that still shows the gold I've donated to the guild. I forgot to deduct that before updating all 3 characters, so I'm just going to ignore it for now and update again at the end of the adventure [they've got 0G left so easy to remember]

So. Color me confused. Again.

Which side is Dayereth fighting on? xDD

Curse you, DD, for making it so complicated. Why couldn't you just play along? D:<

Also, is there a map somewhere, or are we just assuming close quarters and fighting?

It's on roll20, same link as before.

Also you can fight for whoever you'd like :D

I'll advocate that you move out of range of the HG beside you (he shouldn't OA you if he thinks you're an ally, but you might want to Shift just in case), and get behind DD to start fighting them.

There's a map. https://app.roll20.net/editor/#

Found it, ty. Where's the creepy guy who led Dei down there? I don't see him on the map. Dayereth would rather not fight Dei and Bachy (run away, guys /shifty), but he will if he has to.

And no. Dayereth is fighting for the people! xDD

Oh ueah, forgot to put Caelan, but he's next to the entrance

Put him in so Dayereth can attack him instead of his teammates. D:<

Well, after DD and the enemy-allies move. So confusing.... >~~~<

What a shame that is. We'd all be quite a bit happier if that were the case.

1 person likes this

Curse you, DD, for making it so complicated. Why couldn't you just play along? D:<

It's much more fun this way, now you get to experience the true test of undercover mettle: pretending to fight your allies. It's also a lot more likely you'll actually get some info out of them, having proven yourself by actions rather than words.

Anyway, yeah, we can't run away after having come to get you and having trapped you, it'll be more advisable that you convince your new friends to escape - reasoning that any moment guards may be coming to well and truly trap you all - and we can just let them get past.

Also since we're on your side, you can just pretend to cast spells. Yell out "I'll stun him!" then pretend to cast a spell or cast a different spell, and Dei will pretend that he is immobilized. Cast a "knockout" spell or something even, and he can pretend to be KOd instantly.

Just remember Bachydios has no idea what is going on, and Dei probably won't be in position to explain by the time he shows up.

So what happens in the end? Dayereth escapes with them and leaves Dei/Bachydios behind?

Also I hope something interesting happens at Valandra & Korrelia's side, other than ~politics~.

Yes, then hopefully Dayereth is able to actually use his position among them to foil them if they have some master plan. Otherwise it'll have been a mistake to let them escape :F

What a shame that is. We'd all be quite a bit happier if that were the case.

Why? So you could actually fuck yourself when we told you to?

I think all of you are wrongly assuming that he's the kind of guy who acts rationally.

He went into the sewers without telling anyone, and last time, he almost got himself killed by running ahead to try to blast their enemies. -blink-