Seanzilla

[Open] [DnD] Dungeon Master Online Episode 3

195 posts in this topic

Sean~~~

I can't move. Because I'm not A. A is Aramachus, I think. TT_____TT

Or maybe it is A, but in any case, I can't move it. Marked my position with a fuschia box.

Is there a map for Korrelia and Valandra's battle too? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm feeling under the weather so I keep missing out on obvious things. Better to check before I post wrongly.

Yeah, there is. If you can hop on R20 now I can move you to it.

(The 'split party' feature requires people to be online for me to be able to split them... it's really inconvenient >__>)

EDIT: Actually, going to bed now, so you'll have to give me a shout on Skype when you're available to come online on R20 after I wake up.

Oh dear, so sorry. I logged out after posting it. The next time i see you on Skype i'll tell you!

So is Bones the only enemy? I only see 1 Shadow Warrior, standing beside the fallen civilian. Is there anyone else we've got to kill? If not, I'll make sure to try to position Bones as close to Valandra as possible for a fast kill.

There are 4 Skeletal Warriors, they are a bit hard to see because of the colour of the map, so I'll draw circles around them for now.

EDIT: Oh man, Alisyn attacked Caelan... you're gonna regret that XD

Yeah, I didn't think it was a good idea since he wasn't fazed at all by the woman's critical, but.... Dayereth really doesn't want to attack his teammates. xD

I rolled like shit, you got so lucky XD. He could've dealt close to 50 damage (after the 50% reduction)!

Well, maybe it's like they say with fools and children. ;D

He managed to get through the last boss fight despite his brain-numbing idiocy, so... :D

Those Shadow Warriors have placed themselves at highly strategic places. D:

Do you have any plan, Octy? Speaking of which, what abilities do you have that may help? I can't think of much short of asking the civilians to run towards us if possible so that we can take down the Shadow Warriors when they give chase. Or we can split up, though my positioning support would be less helpful then, but I should be able to hold my own too in a 1-on-1.

I'll take a look when I get home tonight. My Aegis of Shielding will prevent them from dealing too much damage to the citizens, but I'll have to be next to them to set the mark.

At least I'll be able to disable Bones on Turn 1, I think.

Okay, since I am pimping all of the bossfights with mechanics that are unusual for DnD I need to add a little something to Marks.

Marks, currently, simply discourage enemies from attacking players other than the one that marked them, but now Marked Bosses (and only bosses) will always focus their abilities on the person who applied the last Mark on them (there are certain abilities that target the remaining members of the group, so even then they aren't entirely safe).

1 person likes this

Excellent.

Also, I forgot to check yesterday, whoops.

Also, one more thing. Unlike the previous episode we will adhere to an initiative order (but you probably already noticed), but I'll allow people who are directly after each other without an enemy turn in between to take their turns whenever they want. So in Team A's current encounter as example: Noia and Wst don't have to wait on each other and Kyo and DG don't have to wait for each other.

Nope. On page 277 of the PHB there is a specific condition called 'Marked'; its effect is that the victim takes -2 on attack rolls vs opponents other than the one who placed the Mark. In other words it is an ability used by Defenders.

Even though Warlock's Curse is a mark, it isn't a 'Mark', if that makes any sense XD

If Bones doesn't move more than 2 squares in a turn, his damage increases by 2. What does "damage" mean? His damage output or the amount of damage he takes?

I think Sanzi means he gets a +2 bonus to damage rolls. Well, he won't get to use it if he can't hit Valandra in the first place.

Do you think Korrelia can apply some Diplomacy and offer Mr Bones a can of coke, in a sly attempt to reduce his Bone Density? *snigger*

1 person likes this

in MMOs when referred to someone's damage 9 times out of 10 they mean 'damage done'. So unless specifically stated that it is 'damage taken' or obvious thanks to the context that it is referring to 'damage taken' it is safe to assume that it is 'damage done'.

Heyhey, can Dayereth grab his "ally" and teleport away with him? xD

Which one is Ellis, btw?

Is grab an attack, though? :/

He'd like to grab whoever's next to him after his Fey Step, Otherwind Stride Bachy, and teleport out of the place. xD

Scratch that. Close Burst 1 won't work like that. Gotta get closer. :P

If he grabs someone and drags him away, will that provoke an OA? Also, will it hinder Dayereth's movement?

And will his ally resist, or can it be successful? Because Dayereth's strength sucks.

Grabbing someone immobilizes you, so that means you can't move unless pushed or pulled.

Also what teleport are you talking about? Isn't Fey Step your teleport? :o