Seanzilla

[Open] [DnD] Dungeon Master Online Episode 3

195 posts in this topic

I don't think those who know Dayereth well will bear to deliver the killing blow anyway, but to the outsiders it may seem easier and safer to just bump him off.

We'll have a morality conundrum argument! This is the point of DMO's premise, isn't it? The emotional decisions?

Tellorda is willing to destroy the aberration. :3

Speaking of which, Tellorda, feel free to fill in the stack of guild registration forms while you wait. XD by the time you finish we'll have come back.

Yes, i noticed Aramachus didn't hand them to you. Well they're on the desk in front of you-

Why are we even having this conversation? XD okay i'll stop being meta fufufu.

Right. Tellorda will start working on them, then. :p

Since Ellis was left alive, once we're done with this quest, can we track him down and pursue his bosses? We know his name and what he looks like, (as well as the names of some of the other associates he had in the sewer, who he must've hung out with, and at least one of them we left alive) and Korrelia has decent Streetwise. And clearly Ellis knows who his bosses are and where to find them, so he's the key. And it makes sense IC because the last we saw of Dayereth was him leaving with Ellis, so it all comes down to him.

And if we can, the follow up question becomes exactly what constitutes torture that is too evil for our characters to commit? Is it evil to imprison him for life in our castle unless he cooperates, given he IS a criminal and (as far as we know) a murderer?

-cough-

Pursue his bosses, and you're dead. Dayereth wasn't even given an option to fight.

Also, Ellis is stupid and more scared of his bosses than he'd be scared of you guys. Dayereth only got anywhere because Ellis trusted him, but not enough to find his team and bring them along, too.

Well outside the constraints of organized team threads, we could take the entire guild against the bosses. Possible to find other player guilds who'd like to raid some strong bosses too. Particularly if there's instances where they're separated and alone. It's also possible to set the city authorities after them at least, since they're clearly the ones behind the attack going on. At the very least, being an MMO, even if they're too strong now, if we can identify them then at least in future we may be able to level enough to beat them.

And yeah obviously Ellis would be more afraid of his bosses, but it depends exactly what he's afraid of. That they'll kill him? We could probably kill him in the name of justice. That they'll torture him? That's why I ask Sean how much we could do. Plus if he's stupid, it's possible to trick him.

Either way, IC, our characters are inevitably going to try to find out what happened, and Ellis is the only clue they have.

Good characters can't torture at all. A Paladin who condones it would lose his powers, for example

Pffffft. Was Dayereth the only neutral character? Y'all need to broaden your horizons... and options. xDD

Also, Ellis saw what they did to Dayereth. I don't think anything the adventurers come up with can top that if they're trying to scare him into betrayal, even if it's only a threat. And even if you trick him, I don't think he'll be "bringing any more strays home" after what happened to his last one. So you probably won't find the creepy necromancer team until they're ready to face you. :p

Actually aside from Aramachus, my other characters are both neutral.

We can just make Ellis share a room with Quarius. Once his mind is broken by that, information gathering will be easy.

Either that or Amroth can invite Ellis to his room instead.

Yeah, yeah. I looked everyone up. We actually have a decent number of unaligned people. :D

And my mind is now in the gutter. Right before bed. Thanks, DD. :p

After I get tired of Tellorda, I'm making Dayereth personality v.2. But hitting on all the guys instead~~~

1 person likes this

Don't worry, Quarius has delivered the paperwork.

I can delay my turn to after Valandra's.

Valandra should try to maneuver away after hitting Bones if she can so I can hit Bones with Thunderwave. Otherwise, I'll have to use Winged Horde, which is weaker. Gotta prepare for another possible AoE from Bones.

I'll answer DD's question IC in a minute, but just wanted to let you know that the Campaign choice in a Guild choice, not party one~

Oh I'm quite psyched to announce that Korrelia has been updated! For the enchanted item I magicked her Chainmail into Eladrin Armour, added a cool Battle Song Expertise feat, and also traded in her Dagger and Shield for a Longbow (which she really should've had long ago). I'm quite excited to be dealing more damage now!

2 people like this