Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice

Long Live Elvashnia Discussion

8 posts in this topic

This roleplay already has its chosen members. Therefore, it is closed. This discussion thread is for collaboration purposes, questions of the members therein, or... for random chattering. Whatever it seems best used for.

LIKE FOR CHARACTER SHEETS, WHICH WEST WAS SO KIND TO REMIND ME I HAVE COMPLETE AND UTTER CONTROL OVER! MUAHAHAHAHA!

First thing's first. Those participating in this roleplay are:

Taco

West

Shadow

Ice

Next order of business. The character sheets.

What I'd like to see in them isn't much. At least not to me. It may be work for you three. In which case, :) (and, yes, you may hold more than one character... in fact, I think I encourage that. May do it myself.)

Name:

Species:

Role:

Appearance:

Personality:

Traits/Abilities:

Name, age, and species are easy enough. Role would be the role the character is playing. For example, a mentor, a student, the dictator, etc. I know I'll be talking to each of you about what role(s) you will all be playing so there shouldn't be any clashing here(as I will hopefully find a way to keep things smooth with my two dictator-loving roleplayers before things begin :P). Appearance, I would like that to have the basics like hair, eyes, any twirks in outfit, etc. Personality- ya know. A personality. Don't say 'normal' either. No such thing. And then the traits/abilities. These are the powers or special traits your character has.

MKAY THEN. Let's see. A basic overview? I can do that. I think.

Overview

As you all know, this roleplay will be revolving around a Resistance-type theme.

Over hundreds of years, tyranny ran recklessly through the world. Every nation wanted nothing more than to learn to withhold it, capture it, and destroy it. Agreeing on how to do this was never a calmly reasoned topic so everyone decided to take matters into their own hands. The most successful of all these idealists started with a single person, which bloomed into a cult, which blossomed into a powerful nation called Elvashnia. What was their plans? Their rules? How did they seem to be able to unlock the secret the rest of the world continued to fail in obtaining? And so easily? They still had an army, a very strong one, to defend themselves from the rest of the world who still rolled in turmoil. They had every species working together in that army, working well together in that army. In fact... no one had ever been able to get past that army to see the secret this nation had unlocked.

They had elves, demons, humans, dragons, they had so many different forms of creatures that couldn't get along outside of this nation for more than five minutes. Such a strong force to reckon with! Did they act the same within the nation? Were there ever battles that needed to be handled with a strong police force?

Honestly, no one from the army could tell you because none of them ever mixed with the civilians. They never saw the civilians they were sworn to protect. They only knew about them from what they were taught in their training. You see, this wasn't that difficult to keep up. The army was kept at the borders of the nation as is, to prevent outsiders from entering, and the army understood why and were well-cared for... so long as they always obeyed. So the only time the army had a chance to possibly mix with civilians would be from their training years... but this was taken care of very well. The soldiers were not the same as the civilians. They were born of other soldiers, they were cared for and trained by retired soldiers or active volunteering soldiers. And they were all trained within an enormous complex, which was centered within their very own town. A civilian would never be caught dead trespassing into this town and the soldiers never wondered why. They assumed it was for lack of need, that they were as well-cared for as the rest of them. They assumed that, for every murderer they killed, for every kidnapper they tortured, for every terrorist they strangled, the civilians were allowed a better life.

But it is hard to say that everyone agreed with these methods. That no one questioned reality. That no one thought against the training, the 'facts', the statistics. It was hard to say that everything was as it seemed to be. That no one would find a leak. That no one would push for a change....

Extras

I'm sorry if that ^ was bad. Don't hate me. I tried. Anyway, this rp will have plenty of roles to be played if anyone gets ambitious. I will be playing a mentor and possibly something else. We have the bad dictator, the Resistance leader, and everything in between. Characters may be of different species and powers are very much existent. Weapons are limited, though. We are in a more-modern time but not too much. We have video-cameras(watching hallways and training arenas), we have headsets(to command groups of specialized soldiers or to speak to Mentors(<--- the Trainer's titles)), we have guns(as they just came with the modernish time period, so knock yourselves out), we have grenades and other explosive devices(looking at you, West), and other things. There will be vehicles. These will consist of a few trains(which will carry supplies and resources from civilian cities to the soldiers' city) and army trucks. These army trucks will only be driven by highly trusted personnel and these personnel will be the only ones with the knowledge of how to drive a vehicle. There will be no personal transportation for anyone else. We do NOT have anything like cell phones or cars(come on, we can walk and a big truck is not stealthy), or other more-futurey things. Of course, the Resistance's goal is to defeat this dictatorship and the true suffering behind all of this perfection-sight.

Any questions or requests, guys, leave 'em here for me. And keep in mind, I'm not a huge planner. I have told you all how I expect, in the long run, for the Mentor(and others) to be working for the Resistance undercover and(at least) the Mentor is caught and flees before he can be put to death. Being so loved by his fellow-soldiers, hiding isn't a problem. The Dictator will send his student on a dangerous mission that will seem easy enough to him/her but will be meant to result in his/her death(to get rid of such a bright mind led by a Resistance member). The Mentor will know about this and will reappear and will attempt to redirect his student before they make the wrong move, using headsets and hoping trust is his ally. And this is only one of the(hopefully) many different little stories I hope to see in here. I've no idea if we'll be a compatible rp group or if this rp will get off its feet BUT can't say we aren't giving it a try, right?

I wuv you guys so mmmmmmuch! :D

Yes. I'm tired. I am craving something sweet. Do not judge me. DON'T FRICKIN DO IT.

Edit 1

Ice, I do believe I judged you long ago. We know this. That aside, I like the idea more now that I've read the above. I'm glad I get guns because that's perfect for my character.

Name: Dustin Reed

Species: Human? 0.0? I'll think on it maybe.

Role: Student

Appearance: Dustin has locks of silvery white hair from an encounter of his past. (Exists from another storyline) Despite the large amount of exercise and work he does on a day to day basis, Dustin doesn't have the chiseled abs or biceps on might think. He remains a 5'10 man of lean build. Despite not having much muscle mass, he is not lacking in his strength at all. He wears the uniform distributed by the Elvashnia "people" with no outward complaint, though he isn't too fond the the lack of color and creativity in the uniform. 

Personality: Dustin lost his memory in an accident and slowly built up a new life and personality. He is rather sarcastic at times, but means well. He is a natural leader, but often lacks the drive to take charge unless in dire straits. He'd prefer someone else take the lead and he right along side them. Dustin has a love of the arts of most kinda except writing. He enjoys reading, but the mounds of paper work he received while recovering from his memory loss destroyed any love of the art he might have had. Because of his lost past, Dustin has a tendency to question and rebel against the generally accepted concepts that don't "inherently" make sense to him. 

Traits/Abilities: Dustin is a psychic with the ability of metal manipulation, encompassing all metals from lithium to lead, and maybe some he's not even been tested on before. He can manipulate any metal that contacts his skin directly, and once in his control, he can change the substance at a molecular level, but not atomic. Ex. can't change lead to gold, but can liquify lead and reform it into the mold like a gold brick (metal would not turn hot as there is no energy transfer taking place) Metals in his control remain that way with it aprox. six inches from his body (at his currently level) Once out of his control, the substance will maintain any changes made to it under his control.

Weapons: He is a gunslinger, using two pistols simultaneously that pair along with his psychic skill. His skill is "unparalleled" where pistols are involved. His speed, accuracy, and efficiency with the weapons are exceptional and when paired with his ability, they become even more so. Due to his loss of memory, his skill is lacking, but the body still remembers how to place a bullet on a fly from twenty feet away.

Here is my first character. I'm thinking about doing something with the resistance depending on what places there are and how things might play out. ^.^ 

1 person likes this

Name:

Species: Halfbreed(a mix of demon and elf)

Role: Mentor

Appearance: He has brown hair with extremely bright green eyes. He is usually dressed in his military-issued brown-green t-shirt with his camo pants and brown boots. Instead of wearing his camo jacket that is "expected to be worn at all times", he bends the rule by tying it around his waist. No one has cared enough to try to change the rule's wording for his single disobedience.

Personality: Carter??? plays a role within a role. He is for the Resistance and is a part of it. Therefore, how he acts in his area and how he acts when in the comfort of other Resistance members(though few) is very different. When acting as a mentor, he tends to have bursts of rebellious attitude(as shown in his wearing of his jacket) but he is usually very obedient in most things and is very highly trusted by other mentors and students. In the Resistance, he shows high dedication and will always get his job done, most of the time without getting caught. Very rarely does he make a mistake or get too scared to complete a task for the cause. And never has his mistakes pointed toward him being the culprit. In both roles, he shows determination and a show of leadership. When given a leadership role in either, he always seems to handle extremely well. Still, he seems to have a problem with authority and, though obedient, usually always has a snippy retort when given orders, especially ones he doesn't agree with or thinks there is a better way to do it. Most other mentors have learned to simply give him a task and let him decide how to go through with it but still others give him work and tell him how they want it done. There have been some big arguments arise from these situations, though only 2 have become physically violent.

Traits/Abilities:

NOPE, NOT DONE YET

Still working on my Dictator character.

Name: Lord Fuhrer Maximillian Faraday von Numencrad

Species:

Role: Dictator

Appearance:

Personality: Maximillian is a strong believer in order through fear and society controlled through strict regulation, and has built the Empire of Elvashnia around these ideals. He rules Elvashnia with an iron fist, with a tripartite enforcement system that keeps the populace in their place - the army, the police, and the judges. Almost every rule is punishable with the death sentence, if not life imprisonment. The citizenry are separated into various castes, in order to specialize their expertise and generate highly professional craftsmen that can provide the country with what it needs at any time.

Traits/Abilities:

Name: Evangeline Maxwell

Species: Human

Role: Student (later Judge)

Appearance:

Personality: Unflinchingly loyal to the Empire and willing to get her hands dirty for the cause. She obeys not out of a sense of duty to her comrades or out of fear of her superiors, but out of dedication to the Empire's ideals itself, as she was raised from young by her parents, both high-ranking officers in the Empire's hierarchy, to believe that every atrocity, every dirty deed committed in the name of the Empire was a necessary sacrifice to hold back the floodgates of chaos and barbarism. May appear congenial on first impression, but will act in a smug and supercilious manner to those she deems her moral inferiors. Takes great joy in doing the Lord Fuhrer's work, whether it be honest labor in his service or silencing his enemies, and will work herself to the bone to further hone her skills so that she might be of greater use to the Empire's endeavors. All this probably stems from some kind of inferiority complex. Perhaps her distant parents didn't hug her enough as a child.

Traits/Abilities: Evangeline has the psychic ability to heal herself at an accelerated rate. As a side effect, this accelerated healing combined with intense training since childhood has resulted in her developing an unusually strong bone and muscle structure, making her tougher, stronger and faster than most normal humans. She has been trained in the use of firearms, preferring the use of an assault rifle where available, but when given the opportunity, prefers to mete out the Lord Fuhrer's justice with a cavalry saber presented to her as a gift from a beloved previous mentor -- one she had hauled off to a labor camp after uncovering evidence of his disloyalty.

1 person likes this

I forgot it. So Taco forgot it. And West didn't remind me. Neither did you. Then I remembered it. Then West said he lost interest in it. Then I forgot it again. And now it's sitting here. No one fed it so I assume it's dead.(hehe)

>.> I totally forgot it existed as well. I was searching for an old one of mine for some information on a new RP I want to try out when I saw this.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0