Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fingerpuppet

Eggs, Spam, Bacon, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam...

13 posts in this topic

.  And preferably without all the vikings singing the Spam song, too.

Greetings, I am Fingerpuppet, and I do... Stuff.  I've been aware of Surreality for quite some time, even before the current build, but I'm not quite convinced that you've all stopped bouncing around the internet like some kind of hyperactive rubber ball.  How many moves has it been since you stopped being known as Surreal*Twilight?  It can't have been only last year that the board went by that old name, surely.

But I digress.  

Knowledge of past events is no indicator of roleplay skill, and I find myself somewhat embarrassed in that department of late.  Kind of like waking up to find that some cheeky so-and-so left you painted blue and naked in the middle of the town square while you slept.  I'm sure we've all been in that situation.  Balloons come in handy; bushes at a pinch, and turpentine is always welcome.  I'm sure the literary equivalent will turn up soon enough if I play a while with some friendly folks.

In the meantime, have some more

You have opened yourself on the site with Monty Python. This bodes well for you in my eyes. Welcome to Camelot.

Halt! I cannot let you enter Surreality until you answer these questions three!

What is your name?

What is your quest?

And what is your favorite color?!

Anyway, that aside, welcome, and have fun. Don't hesitate to ask any of us, especially the Scholars -- that would be Raine_Bell, HH(currently Helix because we like confusing newbies) and TriOctium (currently Trinity due to deep-seated mommy issues leading to an unquenchable desire to dress in women's clothing and hang around in bars) -- if you need help.

Either I need coffee or my reading comprehension is shot to hell. I have no idea what you just said.

But, uh! Hey! I'm new, myself.

You have opened yourself on the site with Monty Python. This bodes well for you in my eyes. Welcome to Camelot.

No.  No, better not.  Camelot is an extremely silly place.  Plus it's just a model.

Halt! I cannot let you enter Surreality until you answer these questions three!

What is your name?

What is your quest?

And what is your favorite color?!

Anyway, that aside, welcome, and have fun. Don't hesitate to ask any of us, especially the Scholars -- that would be Raine_Bell, HH(currently Helix because we like confusing newbies) and TriOctium (currently Trinity due to deep-seated mommy issues leading to an unquenchable desire to dress in women's clothing and hang around in bars) -- if you need help.

I'd prefer being asked 'What is the capital of Assyria?', but each to their own.  On that note, my quest involves ridding the world of pizza by eating as much of it as possible, and the favourite colour is plaid.  Much like the traditional lumberjack shirt, funnily enough.

Oh, to be plaid.

Still, thanks for the advice.  I'll be sure to look out for you Scholars during my travels, and if I happen to run up against some unforseen, site-related problems I'll be in touch.  I might get in touch beforehand if one of youse posts an interesting roleplay.  Also, is Trinity a guy as the reference seems to suggest?

Either I need coffee or my reading comprehension is shot to hell. I have no idea what you just said.

But, uh! Hey! I'm new, myself.

Translation: Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been watching you all for quite some time.  I like Monty Python, making references to other pre-eighties media and dropping links to various comedy sketches on youtube.  I hope to get back into roleplay, because I'm out of practice.

I hope that clears up the meaning of the first post for you a little.  Also: Hi.

Hi Fingerpuppet! To know that we used to be called Surreal*Twilight, you must've been stalking us for a long time. That's... true dedication. But I'm happy you decided to show yourself and join us!

I'm HELIX, one of the aforementioned Scholars who will help you. And Trinity's not a guy. Of course. What're you talking about?

Send me or anyone else a PM if you need help, and do look around Roleplay Discussion for open roleplays!

Hi Fingerpuppet! To know that we used to be called Surreal*Twilight, you must've been stalking us for a long time. That's... true dedication. But I'm happy you decided to show yourself and join us!

I'm HELIX, one of the aforementioned Scholars who will help you. And Trinity's not a guy. Of course. What're you talking about?

Send me or anyone else a PM if you need help, and do look around Roleplay Discussion for open roleplays!

It's either true dedication, or going into creepy stalker-with-binoculars-in-the-bushes territory.  I suppose it'd be far more truthful, or a lot more accurate, to say that I've been aware of the site for quite some time, but not exactly following youse properly until around about two weeks ago.  Even then it took me a while to join because I didn't have a reliable internet connection until, ohh, about twelve hours ago.  Even so, I've come across Acky-poo before.  I might have been a part of the community at one point, before the entire 2005 debacle where quite a few members decided to depart for some... inexplicable reason which I won't go into.  But like I've hinted, my roleplay mojo is all limp and floppy, and I'd quite like to earn my graduate status if only to prove to myself that I've still got what it takes to write.

Plus I can't even remember what my old username used to be anyway, so it's not like I can prove anything.

I wonder if it's actually possible to take shower-polaroids of an internet forum?

Hm. A stalker. Sounds interesting.

So, what are some genres of roleplays you would prefer doing? That can help narrow down who may or may not be compatible with you. Besides, if you say the right words, you'll automatically have some swooning over you.

I don't suppose I have much to say. So, welcome to S*T and I hope you get along well here. I'll be around. Ya know. In case you get interested in trying that friendship stuff.

Hm. A stalker. Sounds interesting.

So, what are some genres of roleplays you would prefer doing? That can help narrow down who may or may not be compatible with you. Besides, if you say the right words, you'll automatically have some swooning over you.

I don't suppose I have much to say. So, welcome to S*T and I hope you get along well here. I'll be around. Ya know. In case you get interested in trying that friendship stuff.

Genre?  I'd say "anything", but then people might take me at my word and start throwing things at me that I have no interest in.  Then again, maybe you should do that anyway and see what sticks; see, my problem is that I haven't roleplayed for so long that I've kind of forgotten what gets me going.  Even the books I read don't really give me a clue, because I'll try and get through anything as a kind of habitual challenge to myself.

The only thing I know I won't try is fan roleplay, especially not anime fan roleplay, because my current anime playlist exists as a stack of paper that's reached two feet high already.  Which reminds me; I need to start on Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Trigun again.

What is this "friendship" thing you mention?  I'm intrigued.

I haven't seen many fandom roleplays here so I think you'll be fine there. I guess you'll just find out everyone's styles and interests then. Good luck and have fun~

Monty Python and Kingdom of Loathing? You are automatically placed on my "Cool People" list, Fingerpuppet.

Anyway sorry for the delayed welcome. We're a friendly bunch around here, so don't hesitate to contact any one of us if you have any queries. In particular, you can PM any of the Scholars (me, HELIX and Raine Bell) if you need help regarding the graduation process, or anything in general rather.

Aw, I'm late to the party! Hi, I'm Soly, welcome to Surreality!