Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Gate

Like Love

15 posts in this topic

EGiMbp3.jpg?1

Inspired by the anime Nichijou, I feel a little thread for listing random things that make you feel loved even by total strangers would be nice. I'll start with one of my favorites.

When you have a lot of groceries and someone who was in front of you with only a few decides to slip out to find a new checkout spot saying they forgot something and give you a wink. May not happen to everyone, but it happened to me once, and it felt like love.

You can list stuff you've done for others too that you feel they might consider like love.

I work at a hotel and I have a bit of wiggle room when giving discounts out. I was on the phone making a reservation for some lady but she was iffy on the price so I offered her a "nice lady discount." It was only 10% but she was so tickled by it that almost six months later when she actually arrived she made a point of thanking me for it in person. Lots of giggling went on XD and I feel like an awesome person just for doing it.

2 people like this

When people use their goddamn turn signals. You know, like you're supposed to in the first place.

1 person likes this

When your car breaks down in the middle of the street and the guy behind you gets out to wave people to move past while you call someone to come help you get it home.

When people message me first. Not those stupid conversations that last two seconds because they have nothing to say and just messaged out of boredom. I mean the ones that they actually want to have a conversation with you concerning your views, your ideas, or just because they want your attention. Those make me feel really wanted and appreciated. And loved, occasionally. It shows they're thinking of you and want your company.

1 person likes this

When people message me first. Not those stupid conversations that last two seconds because they have nothing to say and just messaged out of boredom.

Uguu, ours lasted a few days I think. >.< But it certainly wasn't out of boredom!

Ha ha I know. Honestly, when you first messaged me I was like "this is going to last 2 posts and then be done. Waste of time." But then you were actually interested in getting to know me and we actually had a nice talk that wasn't a strain to keep up and and and we started trying to be buddies o.o AND IT MADE ME FEEL LOVED. RELATIVE. BOOM.

1 person likes this

Hmmm, perhaps the closest thing to kindness I've experienced recently is when my friend, after submitting his own assignment, spent time looking through my as-yet-not-submitted one and pointed out details which he thought I might want to take note of, and then told me this was pretty well done.

Well as far as messages go when I get a message from a friend no matter how long or short the following conversation, I'm always tickled. This only applies to people who are already a friend. Whether it's Skype, Facebook, a text, or whatever I always feel loved.

1 person likes this

Well my instinctual response to that was perverted, but I'll refrain and just say yes, very much so. ^^

1 person likes this

When someone sounds genuinely concerned when they talk to me. Let me explain. There are some people who talk to you because they need someone to talk to, they need to unload all their info on someone, about their day, their trip to the store, whatever. That's not an indication that they don't like you-- they obviously are trying to evoke a response from you.

However, people that make me feel loved, are those who talk to me, trying to get me to tell them about what's going on in my life, willing to listen, and have an equal and engaging conversation with me about it.

So, I guess skipping all that, what makes me feel loved is when people start a conversation with 'hey, how are you doing?', or, 'let's talk about something we both like', instead of, "so, I went to the store today, and you won't believe how stupid people are in line."

I dump friends who ask me what's up solely as a segue to tell me their boring story of the day. Apex assholism.

It's funny, I'm very introverted irl and I hate being asked how I am, I just generally dislike the question. My boyfriend hasn't quite figured out why, I just find it repetitive and annoying especially since I work in customer service and hear it from EVERYONE and the reality is they don't actually care. If I unloaded all my problems on them they would be at a loss on what to do and would probably leave me a bad survey on how I made them uncomfortable or some such nonsense - BUT THEY ASKED! 

So, I don't often answer the question outside of work, I'm an overall kind of mean/harsh person and if I don't want to answer something I simply won't which yes I know comes off as snobish, but whatever, I'm tired of answer it. Or sometimes I'll simply say "I'm not answering that." My boyfriend is left baffled as if he's done something wrong. He hasn't, I just don't want to talk about how I am. I don't like being asked how my day was either "THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER DAY!" Sometimes if I'm in a good mood I can joke off how annoyed I am at these questions. 

"Are you mad?/Are you okay?/What's wrong?" I suffer from "resting bitch face" people always think I'm mad and I'm just tired of hearing it. More so from people who should know me by now.

Regardless! On to something that made me feel loved, or at least thought about even if it was only for the split second it took him to come up with this. I lived in an apartment for a time with three other roommates and one of them was as introverted as I was(so imagine our surprise when we actually became really good friends lol) and he knew how much I disliked being asked how I am or how my day was or any such bullshit so he started asking me absurd thing. One day I came home and he asked me "Did ya stab anyone today?" another day: "Did you get to see any boobs?" He always did these odd ball questions that made me laugh, to get me chatting, but he never asked me how I was, which is funny cause I probably tell him more about how I feel on topics than most anyone else.

When people threaten me to have lunch with them on Saturdays.