Seanzilla

Surreality United's Medieval Castle

74 posts in this topic

"He's not dead. I'm sure he's not dead," Korrelia said calmly, almost too calmly. She stared at the name list with the cancelled name, the unfeeling stroke that deleted Dayereth's life just like that. She didn't know what had happened when Dei and Bachydios found him -- they had not explained very clearly -- but it was somehow painful that she had not been there. Maybe she could have stopped Dayereth from running off with them. Somehow she had a funny feeling... she was sure that when Dayereth died, he had been thinking of her.

"Sierra, if we take up one of these Quests, will we be able to take the remaining ones later?" she asked.

To the rest of the group, she said, "If you don't mind, I'd like to find Dayereth. I don't... I don't want to accept that he's dead. If we take the second campaign, maybe we can find out more about... about what happened to him."

Of course he was dead. Sierra wouldn't lie. Though Korrelia wished she had shown more emotion, more understanding about this.

She didn't like to think of people dying. It made her think of Shawnzeala. She shuddered. No, it couldn't be. Of course not.

"Hmmm, that depends," Sierra said, "the jobs left by Adventurers will probably get taken care of by Guards or other idle Adventurers. I guess that if a case is on a low priority there is a chance it'll still be available. With these three I would not count on any of them being left, however."

Dei slammed his hand on the table. "I agree, we should take the anti-Imperialist one and find out what happened! It'll be a waste if we don't, Dayereth died trying to stay on that trail and get to the end of it, we have to pick up where he left off and see it done."

"Frankly I don't care what we do, as long as there's loot and coin." Nam declared as she returned from slipping on her new armour. She then adjusted the hipster glasses vanity item that she was now refusing to take off at any time. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it sucks that someone has died. I didn't really get to know Dayereth though. So pardon me if I don't think his quest is any more important than the one Team A uncovered."

Nam nodded her head towards Amroth, Sangar and Iris. "We were on to something with the gang at the coliseum. If Amroth hadn't decided to do my job then we might have already taken care of it."

Sanger remained impassive at the news of Dayereth's death. Its only impression of the Eladrin had been that of some pretty boy with a stick rammed tightly where the sun didn't shine, but in a time of mourning, it was probably unwise to express such sentiments. <SHOW OF SYMPATHY: My condolences for your comrade's death. INDIFFERENT COMMENTARY: I have no opinion on choice of mission, and I will leave it to the discretion of the leader --  provided said missions promise, as the meatbags say it, bling and hos.>

<HELPFUL COMMENTARY: In the meantime, we must arm ourselves for the battle ahead. Whichever option we take will certainly lead to further perils ahead.>

The only time Quarius had interacted with Dayereth was during the guild's formation, and frankly, he didn't know him very well. Of course, having a player dying is never good news, but he wasn't as emotionally impacted by the information as the rest. He could understand their desire to find out what happened to him, but as Quarius was the only one who came into contact with the Crimson Vindicator, only he understood the potential rewards that the guild could get from following his questline. To think, an invisibility cloak!

"I'm sorry for your loss," he apologized, "but if something was strong enough to kill Dayereth, should we really be messing around with it? Perhaps we could come back after we're stronger. I personally would suggest that we take up the third option, because I think that it will be the most rewarding questline out of the three. It was originally a hidden quest that had to be unlocked by a separate scene, after all."

"Well let's hope it remains hidden to other guilds, so that we can come back to it afterwards then," mumbled Korrelia, "but it seems we can't split off to take 2 or 3 different campaigns, even though it'd be more efficient in my opinion. In that case, I must ask everyone to take a vote. Nam and Sanger seem indifferent, while Dei and I would like to take the Anti-Imperialist campaign. On the other hand, Quarius wants the Crimson Vindicator one. All other guild members should vote, especially if you'd like to join in."

It was then that Korrelia noticed the newcomer to the guild, who had been watching everything from the sidelines.

"Ah, is this a new member? I'm sorry that you must witness us at not a very happy time."

The guild seemed to have returned, triumphant, and Tellorda watched them silently, trying to get a feel for her new comrades. But when a NPC came forward to announce the death of someone called Dayereth, the atmosphere changed. A few of them seemed to take the news of their companion's death hard, as expected--likely they were part of the deceased's team. How unfortunate they were to have lost one so soon--she hoped that it wouldn't be a recurring theme.

When the woman who seemed to be in charge noticed her, Tellorda stepped forward, bowing slightly in greeting.

"Our condolences for your loss. We are Tellorda, and we seek to accompany you on your journeys. If we may speak, we should like to pursue the Anti-Imperialist Campaign; those who defile the dead to summon aberrant corruption must be eliminated."

"Screw it." Nam said with a sigh, "gambling rings would be too easy to infiltrate. Bunch of bottom feeders preying on the weak willed. Let's do the anti-imperialist campaign."

"We're going after the anti-Imperialists alright," half-mumbled Bachydios from his corner.

"Thank you for the support, everyone," Korrelia said gratefully. "We shall pursue the Anti-Imperialist campaign then."

[donate 325g to the guild

I cannot for the life of me remember how much debt is left. >.<]

“Excellent,†Sierra said, “now, feel free to do as you wish. Explore the city, stock up on supplies and gear or get some rest. I will be back with the details of your mission tomorrow.†With that Sierra left the building.

A pop up appeared on the screens of all the members of Surreality United.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: “Bedlam in Avalon†Completed!
Reward: "Guard" Title.

Valandra and Iris got a second pop up.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: “Troublemaker Killer†Completed!

Reward: Vanity item; Heroic Cape.
A cape that perpetually flutters in the direction the user wants it to, as if a gust of wind if constantly blowing against it.

[Remaining debt is 2750 gold]

Amroth was shocked by the news of Dayereth dying, although he didn't really know the guy, it felt like a great loss.

"We'll get whoever did this, and we'll make them pay!"

He smiled and donated his funds (270 GP) to the guild. "I believe I was a bit behind on everyone..."

"Death and taxes. Two things you can't escape…"

[Contributes remaining 100GP on top of 200GP previously given]

"I don't really like giving up coin but I guess I'd be a dick not to..."

[Contributes 200 GP to the Guild]

Solitude decided he'd better spend some time making use of his skills to strip the city of its gold. Unfortunately, his day involved mostly being battered by the handbags of old women whom he failed to pickpocket. Aramachus sought a collection of guild fees from him when he returned, which he could but pay with a grumble. Aramachus then deposited his own and Solitude's contributions in the guild coffers.

[Contribute 300G]

Aramachus then set about bugging the other guild members who had not yet paid anything. While everyone was present, now was the time to try to collect debts. He didn't want to have to be the lone guard of the castle for too much longer, they needed facilities.

"A very nice cape you have, sir Quarius." he said, catching the wizard at one point, "I would imagine with your good fortunate of late, you would be most eager to help contribute to paying your share of the guild debt?"

<HONEST ADMISSION: I have little money. I shall contribute what little I have.>

[contribute 100g]

"Not most eager, I assure you..." Quarius mumbled, feeling about in his pocket, "but what must be done must be done."

[Donate 300G]

"I hardly feel it wise to donate my coin when I'm just in the door..." Akerus said as he entered the guild, an air of wisdom and superiority about him. "The fact remains that we have not served each other by any means, and thus both parties are exempt from any implied debt that the other might assume to preside over them. More importantly I have little to offer, I confess a rather smug changeling wearing extremely stylish glasses happened to relieve me if my coin purse in the street not moments ago..."

Akerus took a moment to assess the ragtag bunch in front of him. "Now, with that aside, I suppose I should mention that I have been added to your Guild Ledger. I am Akerus, the Warlock. I heard that the last one in your company was subjected to a rather cruel fate, although I'm quite sure this holds no bearing on the overall effectiveness of the Guilds capabilities on the field. quite sure. I suppose only time will tell."

"You have, have you?" Korrelia took the stack of registration papers that Akerus had filled in and looked through it. "Hmm, you've quite the credentials, and are indeed of a suitable power level for our guild. I see that the news about Dayereth has indeed spread far -- assuming of course you weren't just eavesdropping at our door," to which Korrelia broke into a broad beam, "which I certainly don't think at all. Welcome to Surreality United, and I hope our guild serves your purposes well, as you serve ours."

A day later, Sierra shows up in the guild again.

“It’s time to get to work,†she says, “In order to fully dismantle  the rebel operations we need to start at the bottom and work our way to the top. To accomplish this you will have to complete a few tasks.â€

“Iris, your group is going to investigate a cult. Our reports indicate that the cult has grown increasingly frustrated with the Emperor’s rule and we believe that they might be planning to work together with the rebels in order to take down the Emperor.â€

Korrelia, your group will focus on suspected recruiters. There are plenty of heralds who get to spread the news. Some of it is critical of the empire, which in itself is fine, but there are a few heralds who are suspected of being recruiters for the rebels. They need to get taken care of.â€

Shortly before everyone left, a Dragonborn in plate armor showed up. "Yo," he said, "I'm Tristan and I'd like to join your guild. This is going to be so cash."

"Alright, Sierra. Let's get to work then!" said Korrelia.

Recently, Surreality United had become so popular that new members were joining in very often. The newest ones were Lysander and Tristan, who looked like some kind of odd hippie person.

"Hoi, Quarius. What's this Crimson Vindicator you keep being so vague about? What's up with him?"

"The Crimson Vindicator?" Quarius replied, recalling the encounter he had with the criminal. "He's a vigilante who kills members of the Blades because the guards aren't doing it. He wears a crimson robe and gets around town by use of an Invisibility Cloak. He gave me this address, because I told him I'd meet up with him later."

He handed the piece of paper with the warehouse address to Bachydios. "He can be reasoned with, to a certain extent. You can track him down by following the Arcana traces that his cloak leaves behind. And if you want to identify him, he looks like this." Quarius activated the Crimson Vindicator cosmetic item, turning him into a splitting image of the vigilante for a minute before turning back. "If you ever see him, grab his Invisibility Cloak for me. It's mine."