Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnimeFreak

Exercise!

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else here love working out? I have neglected it for sometime up until recently and getting back into shape has been great! 

What are some of your favorite work outs? As for me I typical am in the pool three days a week and the gym another two. Or vice versa it all depends on my schedule and which spot is less crowded. 

I sometimes walk short distances without collapsing into a quivering, dry-heaving heap.

Just kidding. I hope. Usually, I run around 3 times a week and hit the gym once.

What kind of exercises do you like to do in the gym? Are you the treadmill type of people, or do you use that machines that work on your arm muscles?

For me, I'm completely alien to the world of exercise. I hate sports and routinely fail my physical fitness tests.

Usually, I split my time roughly evenly between the treadmill kinda things and the weights.

Despite me having the approximate upper body strength of an anemic kitten (perhaps TWO anemic kittens), that's apparently good enough to count as an 'A' grade for the military. So I mostly work on aerobics because I kinda suck at that.

I don't play sports like ball games much, because even if I can keep up with the rest of the players, it won't change the fact that I have the reflexes of a sloth on Valium.

I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, depending on my mood, with an alternating schedule to prevent it from becoming predictable and to stop myself from becoming complacent. Current schedule is as follows:

Day 1, Legs: Squats, Lunges, Stiff-Legged Deadlift, Leg Curl, Leg Extensions, HIIT.

Day 2, Back and Biceps: Barbell Row, Pull-ups, T-Bar Row, Deadlift, Dumbbell Row, Preacher Curls, 30 minute Run.

Day 3, Chest and Triceps: Bench Press, Incline Dumbbell Press, Dips, Dumbbell Flyes, Dumbbell Pullover, Tricep Pushdowns, HIIT.

Day 4, Shoulders: Barbell Shrug, Dumbbell Press, Barbell Military Press, Lateral Raise, 30 minute Bike

If I go a fifth day I tend to do whatever I feel like, mostly bicep and tricep isolation exercises.

EDIT: Forgot, my favourite exercise is Dumbbell Press. My shoulders have always been my weakest muscle group, so when I first started working out I really had to push my self to complete a routine with 12KG dumbbells. Doing Dumbbell Presses with three times that weight nowadays reminds me how much progress I've made.

1 person likes this

I type vigorously for several hours five nights a week - does that count?

1 person likes this

As they always (falsely) say, as long as your muscles hurt, it means you've worked out~.

Also, Sierra must have a really toned body, from the sound of her workout regime.

I think Sierra just likes to check out the guys in the gym.

My exercise regime mainly consists of intervals, 5km runs, or pull-ups. I don't really deviate from these three types of exercises, except for maybe the occasional set of push-ups.

Used to have one, but had a little run in with depression last year and coped by eating. A lot of eating. Still working to get rid of al of that :D

Aww man. *pats Sierra*

Pics of your old buff body! Were you like Hugh Jackman? =P

(er, I mean, the female version)