DayDreamer

*~<B/est>~* Episode Three: RIP Dayereth

116 posts in this topic

Korrelia blinked at the Guard. He sounded very rude, so she could see why Valandra was hesitant. He didn't sound like he would listen to reason either, but she gave it a try anyway.

 

"Now, of course our guild is in full co-operation with your Emperor. We were hired by you to do this job after all. However, our specific orders are to ensure that no trouble is caused with the Imperial Family. In order to track down all the leads and better protect them, we would like to question this crook all that he knows, so that we're aware of what to do next. After we're done with our questioning, we will gladly hand him over to your side for proper procedures. I will take full responsibility, of course, if your superiors ask."

 

[roll for Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11

Roll result: 12]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Uhh, sorry, our base is down here. You'll learn to filter out the smell eventually. I can't tell you why we were throwing tomatoes... no offense, but I don't really know you that well yet." Ellis stopped walking and turned to face Dayereth as he finished his rant about Korrelia. "Taking you down here was kind of an exception. I don't think they'll be happy if I bring every random person I meet."

-----

"Right." Caelan wasted no time listening to insane Tiefling and hopped into the manhole and landed in the sewer. "We'll have to hurry if we want to make it in time, so follow me." He started running through the various corridors, making enough turns for anyone unable to keep up to lose track of him.

[Athletics check required to keep up]

-----

"No. We already have all the information we need about this group of miscreants and there is no point for us to hand this person over to you. Now think carefully, ma'am," a threatening tone permeated the Guard's voice for you next words may be your last. Cease with this stalling and hand over the criminal." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bachydios landed in the sewers with a soft splash. He immediately lifted up a leg to inspect his sole. 

 

"Ugh, I think I stepped on rat poop. Who builds a base in a place like this? Can you guys just take out a loan like everyone- huh? Late for what? Hey, wait up!"

 

The decidedly non-athletic Tiefling made an earnest attempt to step up, but soon found himself out of breath. 

 

"Hey… wait… up… you…!!! Twat!"

 

Athletics Check:

Roll(1d20)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia narrowed her eyes and exchanged glances with Valandra.

 

"You seem highly sure of yourself," she said very carefully. "As a guard, do you think it's wise to take matters into your own hands and attack us, who were hired to help you? I can't imagine what your superiors would say if you told them you killed 2 members of a guild they hired, when they had helped you nab 1 of the criminals. I advise you to think carefully as well, sir. Would you rather bear full responsibility for the death of 2 helpful civilians, or would you like me to take responsibility for this affair instead? I assure you that no blame will be attributed to you. I will be sure to tell your captain that you had justly resisted our request, and I am also sure that your captain would be perfectly understanding of the situation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gotcha, gotcha. I understand," Dayereth reassured his companion, sounding only slightly crestfallen. Ellis hadn't been lying, though; his awareness of the smell was already beginning to reach a tolerable level. In fact, he remembered someone else telling him that smell was one of people's weaker senses, so they acclimated to it much more quickly. Though that wasn't to say that he wouldn't be glad to get out of here sooner rather than later.

Then, thoughtfully, he tilted his head. "They'll be okay with you bringing me, right? I know I can't really prove that I'm on your side, especially when I don't know what your side is, and I don't want you to get in trouble. You seem like a nice guy, really.

"That's not to say that I want you to bring me back," the Eladrin added quickly. "I'd rather come with you and earn your trust so I can help you more. Avalon didn't really seem like a very nice place, and neither did the snobs. I figure you guys are trying to change it."

He smiled at his guide, tucking his hands neatly into his sleeves.

But really... I don't think this was the best idea I could have had. I hope 'lia's doing okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dei was unfortunately entirely unaware of Bachydios' lacking athletics, or else he might have arranged some method to leave trails for each other should they get separated. Caelan was off the mark too fast anyway, and Dei himself had to focus to try to keep up, so he couldn't look back to see if Bachydios was still behind him.

 

[Athletics Check]

[1d20+10: 17 [1d20=7]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After walking for a few more minutes Dayereth and Ellis reached the a dead end. "Hmm, where was it?" Ellis started touching random parts of the wall, searching for something. "I understand the need to make it hard to find... But it gets so annoying sometimes. Oh!" A small square in the wall got pushed in once Ellis found it and an arch in the door opened up. "Come, everyone's here." Ellis and Dayereth entered the room and were greeted by three people dressed similar to Ellis.

"Ellis!" A woman shouted. "Why'd you bring an outsider? Can he be trusted? What have you done..."

"We'll have to kill him now," a burly man said, "can't tisk him tattling to the Imperials.

-----

"You called?" A man clad in the same plate armor as the Guards, the only difference being the blue cape, approached Korrelia and Valandra. He examined the group for a second before coming to his own conclusion on what had transpired. "You can go, Hubert, I'll take it over from here." The Guard saluted before he left the group.

The Guard removed his helmet to reveal that he was quite old, nearing 60, with a white beard and a bald head. "Young ladies," he said calmly, "are you fully aware of what is going on here? I get the impression that you are coming to conclusions without knowing everything there is to know. About the current situation and the actual amouny of authority you hold."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gah! So much for team spirit."

 

The sewers rankled, but there were more pressing concerns here than preserving olfactory hygiene. Bachydios pressed his ear close to the wall here and there, and by extrapolating the proximity of the running noises from his current position the intelligent Tiefling managed to work out a rough direction to proceed along.

 

Dungeoneering Check:

Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total:20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Whoa, whoa! Why are we talking about killing?" Dayereth protested loudly, backing up a few steps. "You're after those stuck-up Imperials, right? Then I'm your man! They did something to one of my friends that I can never forgive them for, so when I saw Ellis up there, I thought we could maybe team up. I don't know your story, but it's like they say, right? 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'? And come on, you can't tell me you've never heard of our guild, Surreality United. We're famous for righting the wrongs of this world and speaking up for the oppressed. I'm sure that if you bring our leader, Korrelia, down here, we can get this all straightened out."

 

Bluff Check
Roll(1d20)+10:
10,+10
Total:20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia felt a surge of pity at the guard's bald head, but quickly focused her attention back on his words.

 

"I get the same impression," she assured him. "We weren't told that we were going to be footmen to the guards. I thought it was a co-operation effort to stamp down on troublemakers. Please tell us what you think we are here to do."

 

This conversation was getting long. She didn't want to be the person to strike the first blow, and stalling for time was in their favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dei and Caelan arrived around the time Dayereth was busy convincing them to let him join once again. "You brought even more?" The female asked as she frantically begun shaking her head. "Ellis, why?"

"I don't even know them!" Ellis exclaimed. "I swear I didn't bring them with me! Only Dayereth!"

"Bors... should we kill them?" The woman asked, but the tall man seemed just as clueless as her.

During the entire spectacle Caelan remained quiet and leaned against a wall in the back of the room as he enjoyed the show. 

-----

"You weren't told many things, if you want to start complaining about everything you were left in the dark about we will stay here until it is actually dark, but that's not why I am here." The captain dropped his helmet on the ground and folded his arms. "You were brought here to solve problems, I believe that was your exact order, so riddle me this: these men and women are part of an anti-imperialist terrorist group and we have been ordered to slay everyone part of the anti-imperialist movement on sight. You two are obstructing, which you can do as much as you'd like for all I care, but tell me... are you solving problems this way or just causing them?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've got a solution," Valandra suggested with a hint of annoyance. "Why don't Korrelia and I follow your group of Guards until the end of the day? That way, the prisoner will continue to be in our custody, but for all purposes he will also be within your reach. We were planning on providing additional protection to the Emperor anyway." Just in case a fight broke out, she prepared her Dimensional Warp power to swap places with Korrelia should she be attacked. It was never a bad idea to be prepared for unexpected scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't know them either!" Dayereth protested loudly as two more people showed up behind them and the woman began to talk about killing again. When he took a closer look at the pair, though, he paused.

"Wait. Maybe I know that guy," he amended, gesturing to the non-human looking one. "Dei, I think? He's just joined our guild. That one, though"--he waved at the guy who'd come with Dei--"no clue. So maybe he's an Imperial spy and you should kill him. I'll even help you! And I don't really know Dei, either, so if you want to tie him up and use him as a hostage to ensure my good behavior, that's okay. I just don't think 'lia would want him killed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've got you now you mewling son of a bitch." Dei growled in genuine anger, before charging forward and grabbing Dayereth by the collar. He pushed him back a few steps and whispered through his teeth under the guise of another growl, "Go deep undercover, bluff them that I'm betraying you, help them escape." he pushed Dayereth hard again and let go of him. "I knew I'd find you with these vermin. Bachydios is on my side as well and is coming to back me up - your precious guild leader is already taken care of." he said aloud with a grin, reaching for his bastard swords.

 

As much as it pained him that he was about to let himself be seen losing to Dayereth, it seemed since the rest of his party had one captive back on the street already, they'd be better served using Dayereth as a mole rather than trying to take MORE captives, putting all their hope in being able to forcefully interrogate anything useful out of them. Besides, it played off Dei's actual distaste for Dayereth, particularly at the latter's suggestion of using him as a hostage. It wasn't often Dei would get to perform this sort of charade, with his abysmal Bluff skills, but here was a chance to pull it off without actually lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"YOU DIRTY, LYING, CHEATER!" Dayereth shrieked as Dei "betrayed" him, revealing that both Bachy and 'lia were supposedly in trouble. "I knew we should have taken Nam instead of you. Or even Amroth--at least he was honorable and all that shit. DO YOU EVEN APPRECIATE EVERYTHING KORRELIA DID FOR YOU?"

 

As Dei reached for his swords, Dayereth didn't even bother to draw his wand, instead rushing forward and shoving the air-thingy into the river of muck behind him, where the current would hopefully sweep him away where none of them would see him again. Or at least, where Ellis and the other two wouldn't anytime soon; with all their talk of killing, a dip in shit-water couldn't be that bad. Furious, the Eladrin spun around to glare at Dei's companion and his devil-may-care attitude. "AND YOU! What are your stinking plans for being here, bastard? Have you already told your friends where we are?"

 

Bluff Check

Roll(1d20)+10:
11,+10
Total:21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do," the captain shrugged, "if you want to keep the anti-imperialist in your custody that badly, go ahead. I'm not the one you'll have to answer to eventually and I couldn't care less what happens to-"

A loud explosion in the middle of the street cut off the captain and blew several Guards back. Before the dust had even settled a rattling sound spread throughout the streets as a horde of skeletons started climbing out of the massive hole left behind by the explosion. Half of the Guards had been injured in the explosion, standing to close when they were busy tracking down anti-imperialists, white the remaining half did their best to hold back as many of them as possible, but many of the skeletal warriors simply passed by the Guards as they were occupied with their allies. "Fuck!" The captain shouted as he quickly assessed the situation. He immediately began shouting orders to everyone Guard in hearing range. "You two!" He shouted at Korrelia and Valandra. "Go to that Inn and protect the people inside!"

Without wasting a second the captain turned around and called two Guards to him. After briefly giving them orders the three of them entered the temple the Imperial Family was in and as soon as there was no one else within earshot the anti-imperialist Valandra had caught began cackling. "The Emperor's gonna get it now, hehehehe, no way he's making it out of this alive, hehehe."

-----

"See, they are enemies!" The four sewer rats reached within their cloaks to pull out several weapons; maces, swords and daggers, and prepared to fight Caelan and Dei. "But Dayereth is a good guy, he's one of us now, right?" Ellis asked.

[initiative order: DayDreamer > HK > Etereality (starting in Round 2) > Alisyn > HG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yes, sir!" Korrelia shouted. Skeletal warriors were bursting out from somewhere and charging at them, and now was certainly no time to resist the captain's orders. She cast an icy stare at the laughing man.

 

"Pelting fruits is one thing," she said, "but sending skeletal warriors out to terrorise the place, and injuring people with explosions, is another. Valandra, is there a way to ensure he stays close to you while we go to the inn? We'll have to find some way to tie him up or immobilise him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dei was concerned now being outnumbered by armed enemies, but he had an idea that would hopefully allow him to avoid much actual combat. He could fly over them and get behind them, hopefully prompting them to head toward the exit instead of him. Of course, it would be a lot easier if Dayereth realized he could pretend to cast spells and Dei could just pretend to be frozen or knocked out or whatever he announced he was going to do.

 

At any rate, for now he needed to wait for the enemies to get closer, before he tried to fly over them.

 

<Delay turn until after Dayereth>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Men who do not know what they laugh at are better kept silent," Valandra commented, turning towards her captive as she raised her fist and threw a few punches towards his face. The first wasn't enough to knock him out completely, but the second one sent him spiraling into unconsciousness as he crumpled onto the ground. Quickly retrieving the rope from her Adventurer's Kit, Valandra rapidly tied the man's arms behind his back, securing his legs as well just in case. She also tore off a part of his shirt, stuffing it into his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

She dragged his body towards the inn's front door, tossing it against the door frame as she drew her Frost Longsword and defiantly stared down the hordes of approaching skeletons. "Draw your weapon, Korrelia!" She commanded confidently, the air heating up around her. "Let us teach these pigs in undying flesh what the fear of death truly is."

First Strength Check:
Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Strength Check
Results 1d20+1: 4 [1d20=3]
http://orokos.com/roll/181894

Second Strength Check:
Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Strength Check 2
Results 1d20+1: 18 [1d20=17]
http://orokos.com/roll/181898

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two woman and the quiet third member of the group moved forwards and threw daggers at Dei and Caelan. The woman missed her mark and left Dei unharmed, while Caelan received a critical hit. Despite receiving the devastating blow Caelan did nothing other than move several steps forward to stand next to Dei. "I hope you know what you're doing," he said.

Suddenly they ground rumble and several bits of debris came crashing down. "It's starting! It's starting!" The woman started shouting. "Today the Emperor dies!"

[Rectified Initiative order: DayDreamer > HK > Caelan > Etereality (starting in Round 2) > Alisyn > HG
Rolls were 8 and 25 (Crit). Caelan received 14 damage.]

-----

Valandra and Korrelia moved towards the inn to find that the front door had already been broken and skeletal warriors had already found a way into the inn. Four skeletons, called Skeletal Warriors in their UIs, were accompanied by one that was slightly larger, wore armor and was armed with a sword who had been named 'Bones' on their UI. All of the skeletons ignored the two adventurers and began advancing on the many innocent civilians who were stuck inside the inn with nowhere to go. Two of the skeletons reached their victims before the adventurers could react and one of them even succeeded in killing his victim with the slash of his rusty longsword.

[initiative Order: Skeletal Warriors > Time > HH > Bones > Civilians]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth quickly slipped behind his new allies, moving far enough for his Shadow Walk to kick in. Then, grinning slightly maniacally, he waved his wand at Dei's companion, cursing the man before sending a blast of magical energy toward him. Whoever the guy was, Dayereth didn't trust him any further than he could throw him... and strength wasn't the Eladrin's strong point. It would be better to be rid of him so Dei wouldn't be in any trouble if the stranger decided to turn on the air-thingy.

 

"Viva la revolucion!" he called in response to the woman's shouting as his spell careened toward the suspicious character.

 

 

Warlock's Curse on Caelan

Eldritch Blast on Caelan

Roll(1d20)+6:
16,+6
Total:22 (vs. Reflex)

 

Damage
Roll(1d10)+5:
5,+5
Total:10

 

Curse Damage
Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2
(Total damage: 12)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't like the sound of what's going on up above..." Dei decided. If there was no actual plan in place here, but rather these were just soldiers for an open assault that was now already happening, then all the deception was pointless - they needed to deal with this lot and get back up top ASAP. Still, for the moment it was best for Dayereth if he remained on their side, at least until they got clear of him and he could fight them properly

 

Dei marked the nearest enemy with his Hunter's Quarry, then darted over to her and jabbed her quickly with his off-hand sword, before bringing his main-hand sword down on her with force.

 

[Hunter's Quarry HK]

DMG: 1d6: 4 [1d6=4]

 

[Ruffling Sting]

Hit: 1d20+9: 17 [1d20=8]
DMG:1d10+5: 6 [1d10=1]

 

[Maurader's Rush]

Hit: 1d20+9: 12 [1d20=3] (+ add combat advantage onto this if Ruffling Sting hit)
DMG: 1d10+7: 14 [1d10=7]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellis and the burly man made their moves; Ellis walked up to Caelan who was still standing in the back and the burly man advanced on Dei. Despite his best effort Ellis was unable to strike true, while Dei managed to avoid getting hit too badly.

[Guard 1 missed Caelan
Guard 2 rolled 20 for attack and 6 for damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After an eternity of sleuthing it through the dank sewers, Bachydios finally heard the sounds of fighting in the area ahead.

 

"Hey! They started the action without me! Where's the teamwork?" muttered the Tiefling indignantly, in-between the panting from all the physical exertion he was making. Plus, his soggy shoes were making him miserable. There will be hell to pay for making him stomp through all the sludge, he promised himself. 

 

As he turned around another corner, he spotted four turtles and a rat mucking about on some leftover pizzas over by the side of the canal. He paused for a moment and stared at the scene, a sense of deja vu coming to him. However, an earth-shattering crash resounding from elsewhere inside the sewers reminded him of his mission and he hurried on.

 

Slosh, slosh, slosh...

 

One more damned turn and the fight was before him.

 

"ALRIGHT, NOW LET'S HAVE IT, YOU UGLY, PLAGUE-RIDDEN- eh?!"

 

Why is Dayereth facing the wrong way? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Bachydios had shown up, it was probably time to drop the charade. "Dayereth joined them, Bachydios, but now that it seems like the action has already started above, there is no longer a point to siding with them." he said, hoping that would get through to Dayereth. If Dayereth attacked the rebels on his next turn, he'd be able to keep himself safe and help them quickly put an end to the situation so they could go see what chaos was erupting above.

 

Dei attacked his marked enemy again, holding his position (unless she happened to die after the first attack, in which case he'd move over, mark and use his second on the next nearest enemy).

 

[Marauder's Rush]

Hit: 1d20+9: 29 [1d20=20]
Dmg: 1d10+7: 14 [1d10=7]

 

[Off-Hand Strike]

Hit: 1d20+9: 19 [1d20=10]
Dmg 1d10+5: 9 [1d10=4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online