DayDreamer

*~<B/est>~* Episode Three: RIP Dayereth

116 posts in this topic

Dei had successfully killed one of the scrawnier opponents, but the other closed in on Caelan and attempted to strike and failed miserably.

While all of this happened Caelan's formerly expressionless facade shifted into one seething with rage. As soon as it was his turn to act he marked Ellis with his Hunter's Quarry, used his Frenzied Skirmish to strike Ellis twice and managed to connect with both hits to deal devastating damage, slow, daze and bloody Ellis. His Frenzied Skirmish allowed Caelan to move as much as he wanted without provoking any Opportunity Attacks and he made use of this ability by charging past Ellis and the last member of the gang to reach Dayereth.

 

Once in front of Dayereth he activated an Action Point to use another standard action. He swung twice, finding his mark with the swings of both his Bastard Swords, and dealt enough damage to normally kill Dayereth in one blow, but a measure implemented by Sandstorm reduces all PVP damage dealt by 50%. Dayereth was lucky. "Consider that a warning," he said as the rage faded and he went back to his usual emotionless self, "you won't survive another one of those."
 

[HK Rolled 14 for attack.
Caelan rolled 26 and 24 for attacks vs Ellis and rolled 14 and 19 for damage with Frenzied Skirmish.

Caelan rolled 17 and 27 for attacks vs Dayereth and rolled 21 and 18 for damage with Jaws of the Wolf. (Damage dealt was 19, all PVP damage is reduced by 50%)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What? Jerk! Why'd he do that?!"
 
While gabbling with his teammates, Bachydios eagerly advanced a couple of steps forward. He was finally going to show off his newfound powers! His body was trembling with excitement… or was it magic? Who cares! He took a deep breath and called out with as much bravado as he could muster.
 
"We're aiming to knock them out, not kill them, right? By the power of the Orb of Radiant Dawn, I shall dazzle you! Razzle Dazzle!"
 
He threw out his left hand forcefully and a rainbow burst of colors, sparkles and marshmallow surged forth to overwhelm his foes.

Color Spray Attack Rolls:
HK
rolling 1d20+7
(11)+7
= 18

Bloodied HG
rolling 1d20+8
(8)+8
= 16

HG
rolling 1d20+7
(12)+7
= 19

Damage Rolls:
HK
rolling 1d6+7
(5)+7
= 12

Bloodied HG
rolling 1d6+7
(4)+7
= 11

HG
rolling 1d6+7
(6)+7
= 13

Effect: Targets are dazed until the next of their next turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A window popped up in front of Valandra and Korrelia with the following message:

"If Bones does not move more than 2 squares in a turn, his damage increases by 2."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valandra looked around the vast inn, swearing under her breath. "There's too many of them here... Korrelia, take the one nearest to you! I'll hold off Bones while you sweep up the rest of the smaller fry!" Without wasting a moment, she broke into a sprint, veering off to the right of a table as she performed a Charge Attack upon the miniboss creature. "Turn your eyes upon me, wretched fiend!" She yelled, eyes blazing. "I, Valandra El-Maddrath, shall be your opponent today!!" As a follow-up motion, she stretched her palm towards Bones and marked it with her Aegis of Shielding, locking its attention on her.

 

Charge Attack:

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Bull Rush Attack vs Fortitude
Results 1d20+10: 17 [1d20=7]
1d8+7: 13 [1d8=6]

http://orokos.com/roll/182735

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright!" Korrelia turned to the left, where a Skeletal Warrior was cornering about 3 civilians.

 

"Run as far from him as you can!" she shouted out to them, while firing off a Jinx Shot with her dagger.

 

[Jinx Shot vs AC

1d20 + 9

Roll result: 23

 

If hit, 1d4 + 5

Roll result: 9]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones easily dodged Valandra's charge attack and retaliated with a slash of his scimitar, but he didn't manage to hit his target either. The mark applied onto Bones forced him into sticking with Valandra, but the color of his bones slowly turned into a shade of pink as he increased in power.

Meanwhile the civilians stuck in the tavern did their best to try and escape, but two of them got cut down by the Skeletal Warriors who relentlessly pursued them.

[Rolled 18 vs AC against Valandra and missed.

Bones received +2 to all damage due to the Bone Density buff

2 Civilians KIA]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Get behind me, everyone!" Valandra's voice resounded around the inn as she glanced at the fallen civilians. "Don't run around aimlessly!" She turned to Bones, noting that it was beginning to get a little more threatening with its passive skill. She bared her teeth at Bones as her skin shifted and melded together, turning her into a molten creature of fire and stone within moments as she roared and charged at the boss. She brandished her Frost Longsword, using a Luring Strike on Bones as she tried to move him to prevent the Bone Density buff from stacking again.

 

Unfortunately, it seemed like her first Luring Strike missed, so she consumed an Action Point to perform another one, but both missed.

 

She shifted away from Bones as a final action.

 

Luring Strike:

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Luring Strike vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 15 [1d20=5]
1d8+7: 10 [1d8=3]
 
Luring Strike 2:
Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Luring Strike 2 vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 18 [1d20=8]
1d8+7: 8 [1d8=1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth flinched as Dei's companion rushed past Ellis to attack him, rather ineffectually attempting to ward off the attack with his arm. It hurt like bloody hell, and he was quite sure that he and the others were outmatched.

 

First, to get as far away from this guy as possible. He Fey Stepped toward the entrance, wincing as his wounds throbbed. "They're too much for us! Let's get out of here!" he shouted to the others, waving his wand at Dei. Hopefully, the witchfire would weaken the air-elemental-human enough to let the guy he'd cornered slip away in the next opening. But just then, Bachy showed up in the entrance, blocking their way, and Dayereth cursed under his breath.

 

"Bachy! How dare you show your face after what you and Dei and this other guy did to 'lia?" Dayereth exclaimed angrily. "You just wait until I get my hands on you!!"

 

Fey Step

Shadow Walk concealment?

 

Witchfire on DD

Roll(1d20)+6:
7,+6
Total:13 (vs. Reflex)

 

Damage
Roll(2d6)+6:
6 + 3,+6
Total:15

 

-5 to attack rolls if successful (but I think it isn't?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With two of his companions dead and his latest ally gravely wounded, the last remaining Knifethrower decided to move to the back and try to escape, but thanks to Bachydios dazing him he could not attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With one of the enemies at the exit and pretty much home free, that left just one more. The situation was turning out well. They could let Dayereth escape with the one survivor, who may perhaps lead to another base or such, while they could take the remaining enemy alive for potential interrogation. "Let's take this one alive." he said, before shifting over and unleashing a combo attack.

 

[Hunter's Quarry the HG]

 

[Twin Strike]

[1]

Hit: 1d20+9: 28 [1d20=19]
Dmg:1d10+1: 11 [1d10=10]

HQ Dmg: 1d6: 6 [1d6=6]

[2]
Hit:1d20+9: 10 [1d20=1]
Dmg: 1d10+1: 3 [1d10=2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Stay away from them, you disgusting pile of bones!" spat Korrelia uncharacteristically, anxious that the Skeletal Warriors had claimed more victims. She fired off another Jinx Shot at the Warrior, wondering how many hits it would take to end it.

 

[Jinx Shot

1d20 + 9 = 22

 

If hit:

1d4 + 5 = 8 damage]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guard slashed Dei with his sword before shifting back, but Caelan closed in immediately afterwards in an attempt to knock him out. A basic melee attack with his bastard sword would've been enough, but sadly he missed.

 

[25 vs AC and 5 damage for the Guard.

15 vs AC for Caelan.]

-----

Bones followed Valandra and once he reached her he attempted his Boneshard attack. His broken ribs extended in an attempt to stab Valandra, but she managed to avoid getting hit.

The civilians followed Valandra's order and attempted to reach her, but the Skeletal Warrior managed to take down two more of the civilians.

[12 vs AC for Bones]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You're still harping on about that?! Get out of here already! Dibs on the last hit on the grunt!"
 
Bachydios wasn't certain what the play here was, but it seemed to entail letting Dayereth go with the escaping thug. Which was fine as long as he still had something to hit. He moved a couple of steps to move within range of the cornered brute and flung out an outstretched arm at him.
 
"By the Orb of Zapdos, Thunderwave!" 
 
Hm, that makes 10 now. Not bad.

Thunderwave Attack Roll
rolling 1d20+8
(17)+8
= 25

Damage roll:
rolling 1d6+7
(4)+7
= 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm really bad at dealing damage here~!" cried Korrelia, watching as Valandra continued to focus her efforts on Bones. "If only I were a Striker or a Controller. Or better yet, the other members of my party come to help soon. I hope they're not also in trouble at the sewers."

 

The attack that seemed to hit most was her Jinx Shot, even though it was still too weak to take down even one Skeletal Warrior. She and Valandra definitely did not do very well as a team.

 

[Jinx Shot

1d20 + 9 = 18

 

If hit,

1d4 + 5 = 8]

 

"Just how much health does this Warrior have anyway?" she thought amid gritted teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Bones followed Valandra's movements, she reached out an arm of magma and wrapped it around him, searing him for 4 damage and Weakening him at the same time. Following up from that, she raised her Frost Longsword and brought it down with a crash, scoring an unexpected critical hit with her Luring Strike that unfortunately didn't do much. She deftly hopped onto the table with Luring Strike's effect, shifting Bones into the spot where she used to be. 

 

PROOF OF CRITICAL HIT

 

Luring Strike:

Max damage = 8+7+1d8 = 8+1+5 = 14 damage.

Shift Bones one square to the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth winced as he held his wounds, trying (unsuccessfully) to staunch the bleeding. The rebels had been completely decimated, and it seemed that he would be soon going their way as well. He flung one last spell at the wizard on his former team, not even bothering to see whether it had landed before he stumbled forward to stand beside the remaining rebel.

 

"We gotta get out of here. I hope you've got reinforcements somewhere that can take these guys down."

 

Eldritch Blast on Bachy

Roll(1d20)+6:
5,+6
Total:11 (vs. Reflex)

 

Shadow Walk concealment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last remaining thug made a run for it as Caelan sheathed his weapons. "That's it for me," he announced as he casually made way for the secret room's entryway. "You guys better hurry up. Your friends might need some help with Bones."

[Roll Athletics and Dungeoneering to decide how quickly you get out of the sewers when you're ready to go.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones slashed Valandra with his scimitar, despite narrowly missing a vital point he still dealt enough damage to be satisfied with his strike.

One of the Skeletal Warriors had finally been taken down by Korrelia and several civilains were close to reaching the Tavern's exit, but once again one civilain died by the hands of a Skeletal Warrior.

 

[bones rolled 28 vs AC and 7 for damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"These Skeletal Warriors sure move fast," Korrelia thought urgently. There were 3 of them now, and she was already panting and perspiring just from killing that last one. It was a good thing the Warriors did not attack her, though she really wished they did.

 

She moved towards the Warrior near the door now. He must be cleared quickly so that the exit was clear for the civilians. However, her trembling hands did her no justice this time.

 

[Jinx Shot

1d20 + 9 = 12

1d4 + 5 = 6]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, we done here? I'm sick of this smell already. Come on, Dei. Let's head back up. Sounds like Keranos' thunderbolt just hit. Caelan, thanks for your help, man. Those are some wicked moves you have there. Sure you're fine with your injuries?"

 

Following the draft, Bachydios led the pair back up to the streets using the shortest route. His shoes were completely ruined by that time, much to his chagrin.

 

Dungeoneering Check:

Roll(1d20)+9:
16,+9
Total:25
 
Athletics Check:
Roll(1d20)+0:
15,+0
Total:15
 
He was pretty warmed up after the combat, and made good time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You lead the way? I think it's more like you try to keep up." Dei chuckled.

 

Although Dei ran faster and gained a significant lead, he had some minor trouble remembering the route back compared to Bachydios, and as such he didn't reach the exit quite as much in advance as he'd have liked. He just hoped Korrelia and Valandra were faring well, since this sewer journey had not really yielded enough benefit to make up for it if things were going poorly up above.

 

 

Dungeoneering: 1d20+8: 19 [1d20=11]

Athletics: 1d20+10: 26 [1d20=16]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valandra glanced towards the Skeletal Warriors who were near her, but she couldn't think of a way she could stop them from hitting the civilians without letting Bones get away. She decided to stick to her usual strategy of striking Bones with Luring Strike, hopefully repositioning herself nearer to the Skeletal Warrior. (If it hit, shift Valandra one square northeast and shift Bones into her previous position.) Following that, she shifted yet another square closer to the Skeletal Warrior, but was just one square away from reaching it unfortunately.

 

Luring Strike:

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Luring Strike vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13]

 

1d8+1: 9 [1d8=8]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one was going to be unable to reach any enemy with Korrelia around. Seeing that Valandra was just a short way away from the Skeletal Warrior, Korrelia decided to help edge the Warrior closer.

 

[staggering Note

1d20 + 6 = 14

If hit: 5 damage

Move Warrior 2 spaces diagonally left downwards

Valandra can make melee basic attack afterwards?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones repositioned himself next to Valandra and attempted to strike her with another Boneshard. Again he was unsuccessful.

 

The civilians continued running and the Warriors continued relentlessly chasing, managing to kill one of the civilians in the process.

 

[This post takes place prior to HH's previous post; she took two turns in one round.
Rolled 19 vs AC, missed.

Bachydios and Dei act at the end of the round. Order is: HH/Time > Skeletons > Dei/Bachydios]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online