DayDreamer

*~<B/est>~* Episode Three: RIP Dayereth

116 posts in this topic

Facing down both Bones and the Skeletal Warrior next to him, Valandra heaved a sigh in knowing that at least two of the creatures could be managed by her now. She swept her Frost Longsword+1 in a wide arc around her, activating Sword of Sigils to strike both targets at once. If any of them were hit, they would have been applied with her Aegis as well.

 

Sword of Sigils (Bones then SW):

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Sword of Sigils vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 27 [1d20=17]
1d20+10: 17 [1d20=7]
1d8+6: 7 [1d8=1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones swung his scimitar and finally succeeded in finding his mark. After hitting Valandra the red taint of his skeleton darkened as he gained another stack of his Bone Density buff.

 

The civilains continued running, but one of them fell to a Warrior's attack.

 

[29 vs AC.

10 Damage.

Currently has 2 stacks of Bone Density (+4).]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a dead civilian outside the inn, and another in the doorway under a menacing skeleton, as Dei and Bachydios arrived. Inside there was a bigger skeleton and another visible - clearly things were going down. Dei decided not to waste a moment, and ran in past the first skeleton, allowing it a chance to strike at him and ignoring the blow, continuing all the way up to the biggest one standing on a low table. He slashed quickly with his off-hand sword first, but missed. Bones were not an easy target.

 

"Damn it!" he cursed, and in his rage tried to flip the table with the skeletons still on it. Unfortunately, in this moment he wasn't able to muster the strength for it, causing him to curse even more.

 

[Off-Hand Strike]

Hit: 1d20+9: 11 [1d20=2]
Dmg: 1d10+5: 9 [1d10=4]

 

[Action Point Spend]

 

[strength Check]

1d20+4: 11 [1d20=7]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Whoa, what in the name of the Raven Queen happened out here? It's a massacre!"
 
Even as Dei charged right into the fray, Bachydios took a couple of steps forward and conjured a surge of thunder, dealing maximum damage to the Skeleton Warrior blocking the exit of the building and knocking it further into the room. 
 
"Lightning Helix!"
 
Expending an Action Point, he then aimed far and summoned a burst of Psychic miasma that struck Bones for maximum damage and rendered it unable to take any Opportunity Actions.

Thunderwave Attack Roll (vs Fort):
SW
rolling 1d20+7
(17)+7
= 24
Effect: Push target 4 squares.

Damage Roll:
rolling 1d6+7
(6)+7
= 13

Winged Horde Attack Rolls (vs Will):
Bones
rolling 1d20+7
(12)+7
= 19

SW
rolling 1d20+7
(3)+7
= 10

Damage Rolls:
Bones
rolling 1d6+7
(6)+7
= 13

SW
rolling 1d6+7
(5)+7
= 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thanks for coming, guys!" said Korrelia with much relief. "I'm going to try to push the Skeletal Warrior over to you, Bachydios, so that you can take another free melee hit on it and hopefully you can take it down this time."

 

Alas, it proved unsuccessful. Korrelia was worn out by now and underestimated the amount of strength needed to perform this feat.

 

[staggering Note: 1d20+6

Roll result: 10

If hit: 5 damage]

 

Turning around, she decided to issue some further commands.

 

"Valandra, I'm going to move you to the back to take down the Warrior at the far end if possible. Dei, can you stabilise the Warrior beside Bones and take it down before it kills the nearest civilian? We want to keep those civilians alive, guys."

 

[Moment of Escape

slide Valandra 4 squares to the left of Skeletal Warrior]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What?! No! What am I supposed to hit it with? My crystal ball?!"

 

Bachydios willed the Skeleton Warrior away from him, and it seemed it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Propelled by Korrelia's magic, Valandra zoomed across the distance between herself and the Skeletal Warrior, making a short detour just around its maximum range as she positioned herself between it and the civilian who had made it out of the tavern, Frost Longsword flashing in the sunlight as cold energy drifted off the blade in little snowflakes. She slashed her sword across the skeleton's chest in a direct hit, scoring a decent amount of damage as well as inflicting a penalty to its speed should it start its turn next to her.

 

Frigid Blade against SW:

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Frigid Blade vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 24 [1d20=14]
1d8+7: 13 [1d8=6]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones shifted, but without having any range on Valandra he changed his focus onto Dei. His ribcage expanded once again in an attempt to strike, but somehow he missed his mark and struck the table instead, breaking off the rib, but luckily only dealing minimal damage to him.

 

Meanwhile another Civilain managed to make it into safety and the deaths of any further Civilians by the hands of the Skeletal Warriors was adequately prevented. One of the Warriors, the one with the many broken bones due to his Bloodied status, attempted to strike Valandra, but missed.

 

[Rolled Natural 1 for Bones, rolled a 1 for failure damage.

Rolled 19 vs AC for Skeletal Warrior. Missed.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bachydios had a brainwave. He moved past the warrior blocking the entrance into the room. The brainless skull struck at him exactly as planned, and Bachydios flared in response.
 
"DIE, SKULL-SCUM. ANGER OF THE GODS!"
 
The fiery combustion hit the warrior for lethal damage, and it exploded into a heap of bone dust and pixels. Bachydios then turned to the other Skeleton Warrior harassing the last entrapped civilian.
 
"YOU'RE NEXT, BONE-BASTARD. MIND GRIND!"
 
The psychic attack inflicted a few points of damage onto the Skeleton Warrior near the back of the room, preventing it from taking any Opportunity Actions.
 
"NOW'S THE TIME TO RUN, PUNY VILLAGER!"

Infernal Wrath Damage Roll:
Bloodied SW
rolling 1d6+7
(1)+7
= 8

Winged Horde Attack Roll:
Civvie-harrasing SW
rolling 1d20+7
(7)+7
= 14

Winged Horde Damage Roll:
rolling 1d6+7
(5)+7
= 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dei nodded at Korellia's instruction. He shifted around Bones to face the nearest skeleton warrior, marked it as his quarry, and unleashed a combo attack against it.

 

[Ruffling Sting]

Hit   :1d20+9: 19 [1d20=10]
Dmg:1d10+5: 10 [1d10=5]

 

[Marauder's Rush]

Hit   :1d20+11: 16 [1d20=5]
Dmg:1d10+7: 13 [1d10=6]

 

[Hunter's Quarry]

Dmg: 1d6: 4 [1d6=4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that it was Valandra's turn to move, she turned and ran straight back at Bones for Round 2. Unfortunately, she wasn't within range of the Skeletal Warrior next to it, but she could at least draw the Boss monster's attention away from Dei. She marked Bones with Aegis of Shielding, converting her Standard Action to another Move Action to shift one square away from him. This will prevent him from getting another stack of Bone Density, she thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a civilian at the far end of the inn, panting and perspiring as a Skeletal Warrior bore up to him. The 2 of them stared at each other eye to eye.

 

"Everything will be fine!" yelled Korrelia as she moved herself 5 steps forward, such that she was nearer to him. "If he attacks you, I'll activate a buff to increase your defences, so hopefully he'll miss. It'll last for a while due to my Extended Prescience, so please run as quickly as you can in the meantime! And avoid the skeletons if possible!"

 

In the meantime, for safety's sake, she also tried Victim of the Feywild, hoping to teleport Dei to the skeleton's side.

 

[Victim of the Feywild: 1d20+6

Roll result: 19

 

If hit: 1d8+5

Roll result: 10 damage

 

Move Dei to the left of Skeletal Warrior (the one at the right end)]

 

"I'll leave Bones and that other Warrior to you 2 then," she told Bachydios and Valandra. "And Valandra, mind you protect the civilian behind you too. Thanks!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones shifted next to Valandra and made a futile attempt to strike her with his scimitar.

 

The last Skeletal Warrior was freed up when Dei was transported to his now dead ally and he used this opportunity to chase the nearest Civilian, knowing that this might be his last chance. And he missed.

 

[Depressing turn for the baddies.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth and Ellis had gotten out of the sewers and arrived back in town. A quick look around revealed that they were now in North Avalon, the area where the party had initially arrived. "Dayereth," Ellis said, out of breath, "I am going to see the bosses. They need to know about those adventurers who were coming after us. What are you going to do?"

Dayereth blinked.

"I'm coming with you, of course. I need to rescue 'lia from those traitors, but I can't do it alone. Especially if that other guy is with them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Uhh,†Ellis looked at Dayereth and hesitated for a moment before conceding, “okay, follow me.†Ellis lead Dayereth to one of the houses in North Avalon; a large mansion that had been tarnished by time, having lost all but a slimmer of its former glory. “They’re in here,†Ellis said as he pushed open the large double doors and ushered Dayereth inside.

The inside of the house was in worse shape than the exterior; covered with layer upon layer of dust, broken down furniture, more holes in the walls than one could count, several broken steps on the large stairway and a handrail that was missing more than half of its body. “They’re probably in there,†Ellis pointed towards one of the many doors connected to the entrance, but before the pair could start moving towards the door they heard a voice coming from behind them.

“Ellis, I see you brought a friend,†a tall pale figure, dressed in a black robe, stood in the house’s entryway. The pale figure had an unusual look: his eyebrows, lip, ears and chin were pierced, most of his hair was shaved off, save for the pitch black mohawk and the strands of hair that fell perfectly between his eyes and his pupils were devoid of any colour, matching the black of his hair. “You should’ve told us… we would’ve prepared some tea,†his voice was soft and the way he articulated by stretched the ends of each word he pronounced added to his menacing aura.

“You should stop bullying the gophers, Sorkin†a second voice resonated through the hallway, coming from the top of the stairs. Unlike the first figure’s monotone appearance, this one was a lot more flashy. His bright red robe was embellished with gold lines, creating the appearance of flames, he had auburn hair and green eyes, lacking any of the facial decoration Sorkin had. Unlike the gaunt Sorkin, the second figure was handsome and with smooth voice. “Didn’t your parents ever teach you that you shouldn’t pick on children.â€

“Enough,†a third figure appeared, dressed in a dark blue robe. His voice was baritone, but his face was concealed underneath the robe’s hood. “Who are you and what brings you here?â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"NO, YOU DON'T, CALCIUM CRETIN. QUEZACOLT'S THUNDER!"
 
Bachydios repositioned himself and sent forth a ripple wave of thunder that slammed into the Skeleton Warrior for critical damage.

Thunderwave Attack Roll:
SW
rolling 1d20+8
(20)+8
= 28 (CRIT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth looked startled as three clearly powerful beings appeared before him and Ellis, but he quickly regained his composure. Turning to the last one who had arrived, the one who appeared to be in charge, he bowed deeply.

"My name is Dayereth, Eladrin Warlock, and I have come before your most eminent presences to request a boon. Traitors on my team have joined the royals, overthrowing and capturing my beloved guild leader, who fights for righteousness. They are far too strong for me to overpower alone, and so I would request any assistance you deem fit to provide."

Bluff Check

Roll(1d20)+10:

18,+10

Total:28

(Watch him come marching over to the inn with reinforcements for the skeletons. xDD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"En garde!" Valandra taunted, throwing out another Frigid Blade at Bones as she watched Bachydios fell the last Skeletal Warrior. She knew that the battle's end was quickly approaching, and felt a surge of energy at this good news. Most of the civilians had been slain, unfortunately, but there was nothing much else that Korrelia and her could have done to save them. However, when she saw that her attack missed, she recovered quickly and shifted yet another square away from Bones, forcing him to keep on the move in order to disable his dangerous ability.

 

Frigid Blade vs Bones:

Roller timedragon888
Character Valandra
Campaign Surreality
Description Frigid Blade vs AC
Results 1d20+10: 12 [1d20=2]
1d8+7: 9 [1d8=2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Righteousness? Oh, yeah, right.†Sorkin started playing with the lazy batch of hair between his eyes. “Is your guild leader pretty? I hope she’s as pretty as her name suggests. I never mind helping a pretty lady. Or is it a bloke? You never know with elves. They all look like ladies, so many they don't care much about gender.â€

 

“Shut up, Sorkin,†the man dressed in red spoke, “we’re not marching to the Imperial Guard infested plaza just because you need a new plaything. Besides, Bones is there. He’ll take care of as many of the Imperial pigs as we need, right boss?â€

“Just be quiet, Willow,†the third figure start pacing between Dayereth and Willow, and even though Dayereth could not see his face, he could sense the eyes firmly locked on to his. “It was foolish of you to come here, Warlock, and it was foolish of you to bring him here, Ellis. He now knows where we hide. What is to stop him from turning and giving us to the Imperials?â€

 

“He won’t! I promise! Dayereth is trustworthy.â€

“Hmm,†the man mused, “Ellis is a poor judge of character. Why shouldn’t we just dispose of you?â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayereth stood in silence as the three talked, as still as a mouse that had been spotted by a cat. But they were much more dangerous than a tame pet, and he didn't like the way the one called Sorkin talked about Korrelia. He also had the sinking feeling that they wouldn't let him leave easily.

"I have only my words to defend me, good sirs, and I fear they will do me no justice," Dayereth replied softly and respectfully, solemn for once as the apparent leader turned upon him again. "I see that I am easily no match for you in battle, even had I not been grievously injured in combat against my false friends. It was all that I could do to bring Ellis out alive.

"I could swear to keep your secret, but as you say, you have no reason to trust me to keep my word. But I have no love for the Imperials, which is why I sought out Ellis during the mayhem to ask that he allow me to assist his cause. Again, though, those are only words.

"So I will make no promises, which to you would be naught but empty air with the support of Ellis, who you claim to be a poor judge of character. Nor will I beg for my life, for if you wish to take it, I cannot raise a hand to stop you."

A glimmer of a smile flickered across the Eladrin's pale face as he turned his gaze to his companion.

"If these three tear me to shreds, lay some flowers on my grave, will you? Truly, I am glad to have known you."

Diplomacy Check

Roll(1d20)+5:

16,+5

Total:21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“So, it is boys after all! I knew you elves were strange,†Sorkin laughed, “Boss, I like this bloke, can I keep him?â€

 

“You aren’t very good at this, are you?†The unnamed figure asked. “When bargaining for your life, I’d say it’s an unwise decision to remind the other party that they can’t really trust you. Or maybe that’s your way of gaining my trust? I wonder if that ever works on anyone. I’d love to meet to fool who fell for that.â€

“Hahaha!†Sorkin guffawed. “Good one, boss!â€

“If I have to tell you to be quiet one more time,†Willow interrupted, “I swear to the gods I will burn you.â€

The third figure’s sigh was enough to silence both Sorkin and Willow. “You say you bear no love for Imperials… yet a moment ago you mentioned your guild leader. Last I checked all Guilds are registered at, licensed by and work under orders of… the Empire?†The man removed his hood in order to reveal his face: brown hair that fell down to his shoulder, a scar that started at his left temple and moved all the way down his face to his chin, a nose that showed signs of healing improperly after being broken and heterochromic eyes; the left one green and the right one blue.

“You have seen my face now, dear Dayereth,†the man moved forwards and placed his right hand on Dayereth’s left shoulder, reaching all the way back to the nape of his neck. “So if I were you, I would choose my next words carefully.â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The warlock shrugged uneasily, flinching when the leader reached out to him. With nowhere else to look, he stared into the mismatched eyes as the hairs on the back of his neck prickled under the subtle threat.

"Would you prefer that I lied to you with protestations of undying loyalty and servitude unto death? In your position, I would mistrust a stranger, as well. But I didn't come to plead for my life, which you hold in your hands," Dayereth replied simply. "I don't know how guilds work, really, except to attract backstabbers and rogues. I think we did get a mission to protect the royal family, but from what I saw, they didn't need protection from rotten fruit and catcalls. It was the people who were in danger from cold steel, so I acted as I believed was right. I had hoped to find an alliance with Ellis against a common enemy, is all."

Dayereth bowed his head, quietly awaiting his fate. He rather suspected it wouldn't be a pleasant one.

Diplomacy Check

Roll(1d20)+5:

8,+5

Total:13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Oh, dear Dayereth,†he shook his head, “I’m afraid that wasn’t the answer I wanted to hear, but don’t feel too bad… There wasn’t anything you could have said anyway. Willow.†Willow moved down the steps, a grin plastered on his face. “Don’t fret, I shall fulfill your last wish and accept your allegiance. Farewell.â€

The last man stepped as Willow jerked forward and blew, blowing out a torrent of fire that engulfed Dayereth. “Don’t burn him too much! I still need him!†Sorkin shouted as Dayereth’s screams resonated through the mansion. “Stop! Stop!â€

“Fine!†Willow replied after he stopped spitting fire. Dayereth’s charred body fell onto its knees before landing face first on the ground. “If you want him that badly, go ahead. I’m done anyway.â€

“Thank you!†Sorkin shuffled forwards and cradled Dayereth’s body. “Don’t worry, everything will be alright,†he said as he caressed Dayereth’s face. “We will be together forever.†Sorkin leaned forward, as if moving in for a kiss, but stopped mere inches away from Dayereth lips. Sorkin gently blew and a string of purple smoke began moving along with his breath into Dayereth’s mouth. “Done!†He shouted, before unceremoniously dropping the lifeless body back on the ground.

 

“Don’t bring any stray dogs home anymore, Ellis,†the leader of the gang said. “I’d hate to have to put one more down.†The man looked down on the lifeless body with great expectations, and before long these came true. Dayereth’s body began twitching and shortly thereafter started jerking around violently, until it suddenly stopped. “Well, let’s hope that he’ll make a valuable ally. Get up.â€

The burnt Dayereth struggled to stand up, like an infant doing it for the same time. Dayereth’s face was badly scarred, but other than the missing eyes that had vaporized and a few teeth that popped thanks to the heat he was still recognizable.

“I aim to please, my lord.â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding himself transported next to a fallen enemy, Dei blinked before setting his sights on the last remaining enemy, Bones. He marked him with Hunter's Quarry, before running over to attack.

 

Maurauder's Rush

H: 1d20+9: 21 [1d20=12]
D: 1d10+7: 9 [1d10=2]

 

Hunter's Quarry

D: 1d6: 1 [1d6=1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh dear, it's my turn now?" murmured Korrelia, having been in a bit of a daze. She let loose a Jinx Shot, but it didn't seem particularly effective.

 

[Jinx Shot: 1d20+9

Roll result: 11

 

If hit: 1d4+5

Roll result: 9 damage]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online