Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yasuraka

(A(wesome)) Episode three: Bedlam in Avalon

76 posts in this topic

Amroth leapt backwards and left to get some distance between them again. Once more he drew and shot two arrows, though they weren't as nicely shot as before.

 

Attack rolls:

 

Roll(1d20)+10:
6,+10
Total:16

Miss

 

Roll(1d20)+10:
15,+10
Total:25

Hit

 

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+1:
7,+1
Total:8

Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...Fifty... " The elf grimaced. "I think we'll try exploring on our own, thank you very much. Adventurers gotta adventure. On their own." She repeated the last bit hastily, trying to dissuade the beggar from trying to hard-sell his services any further.

 

"What's that about the Chariot races? I faintly remember Nam talking about it... has it already started?" She prompted her party mate uncertainly, inching her way closer to the hubbub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well so much for stealth, Amroth..." Nam sighed as she stared off into the distance at her comrade. "Next time you should leave the covert operations to the experts..."

 

With a shake of her head she turned her attention back towards Sanger and Iris. "So it appears our stalwart ally has managed to stumble himself on to a lead. That being said he's probably going to kill said lead before it well...leads...anywhere..." she trailed off, muttering something under her breath. "If we're going to take down the underground gambling ring in this area we need to hide in plain sight. These guys won't come out of the woodwork because you bash your shields and throw down the gauntlet. Mind you some of the NPC's in this game are idiots so that might actually work..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After taking a final arrow to the chest the bandit drew one last breath before falling face first into the ground. The crowd of onlookers immediately dispersed, the show had come to an end, and left it to Amroth to deal with the corpse in front of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We haven't made much headway too..." The cleric admitted. " You're right, let's get outta here, at the very least. We've all been drawing too much negative attention. I... think I'll blend back into the crowd, see what's going on over there."

 

With that said, she gestured over in Amroth's general direction before scurrying off towards the chariot races, eager to leave both the beggar and the hubbub surrounding the ranger's little skirmish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth sighed heavy when the thug finally fell down. "Why did you have to make this hard on me?" He muttered. He stared at the body for a while and raised and eyebrow. The body didn't disappear like they normally do, it just lay there, being dead. From the corner of his eye he saw Iris approaching, he turned to her and smiled. "He is...was part of some illegal gambling den, breaking people's fingers if they couldn't pay up. I haven't been able to find out more though, I hoped to go undercover or whatever, but he decided to attack me instead." He looked sideways at the body again and he scratched his head. "Should we just like... leave and let the guards take care of the body? I kinda don't want to be seen by guards standing over a dead body." He shuffled slightly away from the body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After blowing their chance to get closer to the gambling ring the group of players went to the stands to get a view of the chariot racing that had already started. The stands were filled with thousands upon thousands of people were sitting, or standing depending on how invested they were, while cheering for their favourites. On their way to the stands the party noticed that there weren't any other shady figures and it was easy to conclude that the untimely death of their colleague was the likely cause of them retreating back into their rabbit hole.

Shortly after the first race ended one of the amphitheatre's attendants came running up to the party. "Sirs! Oh, and madams!" He said as he tried to catch his breath. "There has been a disturbance in the Coliseum's tavern! Someone claimed the races were rigged and now a fight has ensued!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This time let's not try to go solo and be a hero, eh Amroth?" Nam teased as the group made their way for the tavern. "That being said, clearly stealth isn't your forte. In fact in this instance I think a more head-on approach is necessary." Nam entered the Tavern that was suspiciously quiet and not-sounding-like-a-bar-fight-like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group followed the attendant back into the Coliseum's hallway. "It's over there!" He said, pointing towards a set of doors before running away, but the adventurers already realized something was up before the large Half-Orc came walking out of the tavern.

The name Drekmar floated above his head and several lesser mobs came crawling out of the hallways to surround the group. "You pissed off the boss! He real mad!" The Half-Orc said as he lifted his greataxe. "Boss sent me to kill you now!"

As soon as the encounter started a window appeared in front of all the players saying:

"When Drekmar activates Wolf's Rage, each second strike against the same target will deal 100% increased damage."

[initiative order: Kyo > Dragonguard > Bandits > Noia > Wstfgl > Drekmar > Guards]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam moved for the stairway to reach the upper levels. As she ascended she took a strike at the Guard in her way. 

 

 
Roll: Sly Flourish (Dex vs AC)
1d20+13: 19 [1d20=6]
1d4+10: 13 [1d4=3]
2d8+1: 13 [2d8=7, 5]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah sure, let's not sneak in and get our asses ambushed..." Amroth muttered angrily at Nam. "Hey little guy!" He shouted at the half-orc called Drekmar. "Why doesn't your boss get his lazy ass here and face us himself huh?" He grinned and turned around to face the two bandits behind him. He took aim at the right one and marked him, then loosed two arrows. Both hit the guy in the abdomen, dealing a decent amount of damage.

 

Attack rolls:

Roll(1d20)+10:
14,+10
Total:24

Roll(1d20)+10:
14,+10
Total:24

 

Damage rolls:

Roll(1d12)+1:
12,+1
Total:13

Roll(1d12)+1:
6,+1
Total:7

Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

 

Total damage: 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam had moved next to an enemy and suffered an Attack of Opportunity for it, but at least she had managed to deal double the damage she had received in return.

Amroth had foolishly positioned himself where he could be easily targeted by the Bandits and they made sure to capitalize by hitting him for massive damage.

[vs Nam: 18 for attack and 11 for damage,
vs Amroth: 22 and 17 for attack and 12 and 11 for damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fueled by the urgency, Iris rushed up to Amroth and did the thing she does best - healing. With another flourish, she cast her Healing Word upon the deeply wounded elf, allowing him to use his healing surge to pull his health back up. An additional 5 points popped up above his head, signifying the extra healing points he has obtained through her spell. With that settled, she scurried her way behind Sanger, eager to keep herself safe from further harm.

 

healin word:

Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The elf, as expected of a puny creature made of meat, had been grievously injured by the bandits. Thankfully, the cleric had used her magic to patch up that fragile meat shell, but he was still in danger -- the bandits could simply strike again, and the cleric was too busy trying to stay out of sight to get in the way of the bandits' blows. It was up to Sanger to save the elf -- meatbag though he may be, he was at least a useful one. Not everyone had the fortune or karma to be born as an exalted machine after all.

Sanger noisily lumbered up to the left of Amroth, attracting the attention of the bandit to the elf's left. Then, it struck with a flurry of blows with the technique "Dance of Steel". With its mechanical voice, it bellowed, <DECLARATION OF INTENT. Exterminate! Exterminate!"

[Move to Amroth's left, mark bandit to my front, attack bandit facing Amroth using Dance of Steel.]

Attack roll: 1d20 + 8

= 4+8

= 12

Hit Roll: 2d10 +3

=1+2+3

=6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guard rushed to the aid of his wounded companion and closed in Nam while the wounded Guard shifted up the stairs. They simultaneously struck, but only one of them managed to hurt the Rogue.

 

"Boss doesn't waste time on insects!" The Half-Orc shouted as he moved up to Iris with his axe in hand. "Wolf's Rage!" Drekmar's eyes turned red after he activated his ability, but despite all he did not manage to land a hit on Iris.

 

[Rolled 16 and 18 vs AC.

Rolled 6 for damage.

Wolf's Rage duration is no longer in effect and unuseable for 1 more turn.]

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a distracting wave of her wrist Nam distracted the bloodied Guard long enough to land another solid blow, as she drove her dagger through his chest. As he fell Nam twirled on her heel, sensing she was still not out of danger yet. The fight may have only just began but Nam decided to use her action point to unleash a Dazing Strike on the other guard, causing damage but more importantly dazing the foe, before running up the stairs to gain some distance.

 

 

Sly Flourish

1d20+13: 28 [1d20=15]

1d4+10: 13 [1d4=3]
 
Dazing Strike
1d20+13: 22 [1d20=9]
1d4+7: 10 [1d4=3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth grunted painfully at the hits he took, feeling relieved when Iris healed him. "Thank you, remind me to buy you a drink some time." He shouted at her. To his dismay the big guy ran up to her and tried to hit her, yet missed. "If your boss doesn't eat insects, does that mean that you do? That's disgusting man!" He shouted at the large dude over his shoulder. He shifted backwards from the guy who he hit before and aimed his bow again. He released one arrow and got a good hit. Realizing the bandit didn't go down, he shot another arrow at the dude, dealing another good hit. "Don't worry Iris, I'll keep his bug eating face away from you... just give me a minute."

 

Attack rolls:

Roll(1d20)+9:
9,+9
Total:18

 

Roll(1d20)+9:
17,+9
Total:26

 

Damage:
Roll(1d12)+1:
12,+1
Total:13

 

Roll(1d12)+1:
10,+1
Total:11

 

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last remaining bandit shifted in between Sanger and Amroth and used his sword to stab Sanger, successfully penetrating his armor.

[Rolled 27 for attack and 11 for damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanger turned around at the sound of heavy footsteps -- the biggest of the meatbags was now menacing the party's cleric. This clearly couldn't stand. Sanger advanced beside Noia, bellowing,

<MOCKERY WITH THE INTENT TO AGGRAVATE. Come at me, you dickless freak!>

Then, grabbing the blade of its great sword with one armored gauntlet, Sanger drove the blade straight into the half-orc's chest with a mighty thrust.

[Move alongside Noia. Mark the fat bastard.]

Roll to hit for Brute Strike: 1d20+8 28

Critical Hit: 33 damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris was really getting into this cat and mouse strategy. With another burst of speed, she sandwiched herself back between her  two teammates, while channeling one of her many buffs. After some thinking, she eventually settled on Moment of Glory, bathing a small area of land around her in light. A single '5' popped up on top of Amroth and Sanger's heads, notifying them of their +5 damage resist. Even the enemies got affected by her buff, as they each got pushed back 3 cells from her blast.

 

"Gonna come getchu with my heals, Nam!" She yelled. "Just gonna...somehow make my way over there..."

 

 

1d20+8 (i really hope i got this right, orokos just listed down 1d20+8) : Roll(1d20)+8:

14,+8
Total:22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drekmar stood up from being knocked prone and eyed the Cleric. She was going to get it after he was done with the talking rock.

The Guard also stood up and shook off the effect of Nam's daze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam took opportunity of the dazed guard and moved straight for him, striking with her trademark sly flourish and following up with an additional sneak attack pulled off effortlessly due to the guard's bewildered state.

Sly Flourish

Results 1d20+13: 31 [1d20=18]

1d4+10: 11 [1d4=1]

2d8: 8 [2d8=6, 2]

(Sanzi could you move me to the guard on R20 pleeeease)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth cheered at Iris as she boosted him and pushed the enemies away. "Way to go girl!" He aimed his bow at the bandit and released two arrows. They flew in perfect unison and hit both his shoulders, dealing a fair amount of damage. "Leave this guy to me, you guys focus on the little guy and the bug eater." He said grinning. He also charged up his interupt, if the bug eating big guy ever got to use his second hit which would hit voor +100% damage, Amroth would interupt him.

 

Attack rolls:

Roll(1d20)+10:
8,+10
Total:18

Roll(1d20)+10:
8,+10
Total:18

 

Damage rolls:

Roll(1d12)+2:
6,+2
Total:8

Roll(1d12)+2:
4,+2
Total:6

Roll(1d6)+0:
6,+0
Total:6

+1 to attack rolls if none of your allies are closer to the target - Prime Shot.
+1 to damage rolls against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature - Bow Expertise.

 

(Disruptive Strike chraged and aimed at the big guy, if he managed to get a second hit on a marked target.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realizing that Amroth couldn't retaliate while holding a bow the Bandit moved in as close as he could, to threaten every direction Amroth could try  to escape in. A slash with his sword managed to hit a vital point, but Amroth was lucky that Moment of Glory blocked a lot of the damage dealt.

 

[Crittttttt for 12 - 5 = 7 damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ranger was imperiled yet again, but Sanger was feeling confident that the little fleshy one could handle that last bandit alone, just as he promised. If all else failed, at least the cleric was there to back him up. The rogue needed a bit of help, however. She'd go down if the half-Orc decided to rush her. Besides, the wounded guard beside her was relatively easy pickings.

<JUVENILE MOCKERY. Pardon my French, but your mother is a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.> Then, Sanger raised its blade and swiftly swung at the guard's midsection.

[Move behind Guard near Nam, mark him, use REAPING STRIKE]

Roll for hit for Reaping Strike: 1d20+8 19

Roll damage for Reaping Strike: 1d10+3 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online