Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [DISCUSSION]

119 posts in this topic

Haha. Well, I have known her the longest ^.^ I'm a double traitor I guess?

Mine :3

1 person likes this

I was sad, too, because I was going to name you as the first Assimilated and myself as a Zeta-Assimilated to try to push people to killing the Zeta. Pity Eth pulled off his thing that made it hard for me to do as I had originally planned. :c

Pffft. I revived you only for you to die almost immediately. Such a waste of my skill. D;

You know a good way to cure such sadness from lost chances? Redeem yourselves by joining the next Swarm!

I should totally be hired for advertisement.

Or go down a bottle of vodka and cry yourself to sleep. I think that would be less painful.

1 person likes this

Um, nty. I'd already said I wanted to avoid these games. I only joined because both HH and Time came to me to ask for more warm bodies so the game could get off the ground. And I'm a sucker. But I'm trying to change that. >.>

Especially Swarm Mystery. I think Sol summed up my feelings about it pretty well with his post.

Last one was okay, but this unable-to-die-Kyo is more than frustrating. I get revival. I get protection from dying. I don't get not dying when he's been lynched without a publicly-announced protective ability.

Most likely all the Traits will be clarified when the game ends.

That said, i think Alisyn plays well in these games. It'll be a shame to lose you. So it's good to see you in seanzi's mafia wars game. ^^

No, my play sucks. >.....>

I'm just loud, active, and paranoid.

Sanzi's game is Mafia in name only. It's why I agreed to play. xD

Active is good.

And haha it's actually more mafia than any mafia game. At least there're real mobs. 8D

I am still unreasonably amused by wst's "sixteenth-century witch-burning inquisitor" comment. xD

Yesss. Such flavor. ^-^

And I would actually be justified in trying to kill wst because he's really an enemy for me.

POST GAME THOUGHTS:

This game turned out to be a lot more fun that I thought it would have, initially. I did place quite a few Traits among players which would cause some interesting twists in the game, but never did I expect things to play out they way they did. Each player had a skill that either gave them useful information or allowed them to change the game by themselves, which many people used to their advantage. For example, one of the twists that happened really early on was Kyo's usage of his first Zeta Trait to turn Sanzi into an Assimilated right before Alisyn did her Inspect on him.

From the beginning, I designed the Soldiers, the Swarm and the Zeta to play in very different ways. The Soldiers were meant to be strong individually, as representative of their status as Earth's elite force. As such, many Soldiers had Traits which would allow them to eliminate targets which they thought were dangerous single-handedly, or defend themselves should they come under threat. The entire Shoot mechanism was also designed for this purpose - to allow players who invested enough in Attack to take out key targets.

The Swarm in this game is much more bold, much more daring in this game than the last. Since they won in the first game, they could afford to play much more aggressively in this one, which is why the Swarm Host had the option to Ascend into his true form, which would maximize all his stats immediately in exchange for revealing his identity. Many Assimilated players also had very bold abilities. For example, if Wstfgl were Assimilated, he would have been able to Infest another player, such that if he died, the target player would die along with him. Shadow had the ability to delay the Soldiers' time limit win condition, while Alisyn had the ability to revive players and turn them Assimilated at the same time.

And finally, the mysterious Zeta were intentionally designed to be more difficult to detect than the Swarm. Only HH and the Swarm Host had the knowledge of their existence (one for Soldiers, one for the Swarm), and the Zeta players were given the directive to kill both of them. Unfortunately for them, Eth played his hand very early in the game, revealing their existence and correctly guessing Kyo's identity as the first Zeta. However, even though it was best for the Zeta to remain silent, I meant them to be powerful, advanced aliens capable of taking out multiple Soldiers single-handedly. To this extent, their abilities were the most interesting of them all. Kyo had the ability to either turn one Soldier into an Assimilated or an Assimilated into a Soldier, and his third Trait allowed him to feign his own death and come back to assassinate any player. DG gained knowledge of the first Assimilated player, and also possessed the ability to silently manipulate anybody into performing a Day Action of his choice. Ideally, DG's manipulation would have done the most damage if it had been used to force someone into using a one-use skill against another player, causing chaos and confusion.

I made quite a few last-minute changes to players' Traits in order that the game might remain balanced throughout, which is why the game flow seemed to change as the story progressed. Some of you might have felt that the constant near-death preventions might have been overdone, but in my opinion the game progressed pretty fast. In four Day and Night Phases, 8 players died, even with all the death-prevention skills. Every death-prevention skill was one-use, in any case.

The player details are as follows. These were implemented at the start of the game, and so do not reflect any balancing changes which I made mid-game:

Private Hastings:

Private Hastings

Health: 2

Attack: 1

Immune: Yes

Soldier Traits

1. Jammer - You are holding onto a jammer that prevents other players from finding out any of your Traits via Scanning. You may activate this skill as a Night Action to overload your jammer, turning it into an EMP pulse that cancels all Messages and Scans performed that Night Phase. It will also disable the Swarm Host and prevent any Assimilations or Murders from taking place for that Night. However, this will destroy your jammer and expose you for Scanning afterwards. 1 Use.

2. Combat Shield - As a Night Action, you may choose to assume a defensive position for the rest of the Night Phase and block all attempts on your life for that Night. If no attempt is made on your life, this ability is not used up. Combat Shield does not block Assimilation attempts. 1 Use.

3. Eyewitness - You are the sole witness to a series of events which took place when your team was plunged into the darkness. A pair of humanoid aliens quickly dispatched two of your team members, although the darkness prevented you from seeing who they were. There was a shimmer, and you saw them proceed to take the shape of the men they had just slain. Are they part of the Swarm too? Or are they agents of another faction? You don’t know. All you do know is that they will kill you if they find out that you know about their secret. You have to decide whether you are willing to sacrifice your life in order to inform the rest of the team of this piece of information.

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl:

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Immune: No

Soldier Traits

1. Trigger-Happy - If you use this ability in the Day Phase, you can shoot twice in that Day Phase. 3 Uses.

2. Fast Upgrades - If you choose to Upgrade your gear in a Night Phase, you may perform 2 Upgrades in the same Night Phase, as long as they are on different pieces of equipment. You can't perform any other Night Actions if you do so.

3. Disable - You knock another player unconscious, preventing him from posting or taking actions until the start of the next Day Phase. 1 Use.

Assimilated Traits

1. Trigger-Happy - If you use this ability in the Day Phase, you can shoot twice in that Day Phase. 3 Uses.

2. Manifest - When you activate this ability, you turn into a Swarm Monstrosity with 5 health and 3 attack. However, once you do so, your “Trigger-Happy†skill is disabled, your “Infestation†skill is activated, and you can no longer perform any Soldier actions.

3. Infestation - Only can be activated after you manifest. Choose another player. If you die, the target player dies as well.

Corporal Ice:

Corporal Ice

Soldier Traits

1. Heavy Machine Gun - If you choose to Shoot someone in the Day Phase, you may switch to your Heavy Machine Gun. This attack deals 3 damage instead of the ordinary 1. 1 Use.

2. Smoke Grenades - You may use this any time during the Day Phase. If used, you become invulnerable from any attempts to Shoot you for the rest of the Day Phase. You cannot Shoot in the same turn you activate this skill. 2 Uses.

3. Swarm Imitation - If the Swarm Host attempts to Assimilate you, you are not Assimilated. However, to the Swarm Host and all Assimilated players, you appear to them as part of the Assimilated. You will receive all Messages from the Swarm Host and Assimilated members, but you will not know the identity of the Assimilated players or the Swarm Host. You also do not gain the Swarm Message ability. You still win if the Soldiers win.

Sergeant Ethereal:

Sergeant Ethereal (Swarm Host)

Health: 2 (+1)

Soldier Traits

1. Improved Scanner - Your scanner starts out at level 2.

2. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

3. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Assimilated Traits

1. Enhanced Electromagnetic Sensitivity - As a Night Action, you can spend the Night Phase listening out for Messages being sent by the Soldiers. You will pick up and gain the knowledge of all Messages sent during that Night Phase. 2 Uses.

2. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

3. Enhanced Hide - Your skin is unnaturally tough. You get a +1 bonus to health.

Master Sergeant Alisyn:

Master Sergeant Alisyn

Health: 3

Soldier Traits

1. Inspect - You may inspect a target player as a free Day Phase action. This will inform you of his current health and attack values, as well as whether he has been Assimilated. The target player must agree to let you inspect him.

2. Adrenaline Jab - When someone is about to be killed at the end of a Day Phase, you may use this ability to prevent him or her from dying. 1 Use.

3. Emergency Resuscitation Device - As a Night Action, you may revive a dead player. 1 Use.

Assimilated Traits

1. Inspect - You may inspect a target player as a free Day Phase action. This will inform you of his current health and attack values, as well as whether he has been Assimilated. The target player must agree to let you inspect him.

2. Adrenaline Jab - When someone is about to be killed at the end of a Day Phase, you may use this ability to prevent him or her from dying. 1 Use.

3. Emergency Resuscitation Device - Now that you have been Assimilated, you may still revive dead players. However, when you revive them, they will be Assimilated if they have not yet been Assimilated yet. 1 Use.

First Warrant Officer Solystice:

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Soldier Traits

1. Feint - You may change your decision to Shoot someone or change your target up to 1 time per Day Phase.

2. Instruct - When this skill is used, you may change the Day Phase action of any non-Officer player to that of your choice. 1 Use.

3. Highly Experienced - Pick two players in the game. If they become Assimilated at any point throughout the game, you will be notified of it.

Lieutenant Gate:

Lieutenant Gate - Elandria the Zeta Templar

Health: 5

Soldier Traits

1. Broken Weapon - Your rifle is broken. Unless you spend a Night Action to repair it, you cannot Shoot anyone in the Day Phase.

2. Smoke Grenades - You may use this any time during the Day Phase. If used, you become invulnerable from any attempts to Shoot you for the rest of the Day Phase. You cannot Shoot in the same turn you activate this skill. 2 Uses.
  3. Commanding Shout - When used, you may change the Day Phase action of any player to that of your choice. 1 Use.

Zeta Traits

1. Rasaghir - The ancient Zeta art of observation and inference. When the first Soldier is successfully Assimilated, you will gain knowledge of his identity.

2. Gunthrax - The ancient Zeta art of shielding and deflection. This skill creates a forcefield around you that prevents all incoming damage from Shooting in that Day Phase. However, this forcefield will be visible to other players. 2 Uses.

3. Pytor - The ancient Zeta art of manipulation and telepathy. The activation of this skill is silent. When used, you may change the Day Phase action of any player to that of your choice. 1 Use.

Captain Shadow:

Captain Shadow

Attack: 2

Soldier Traits

1. Flamethrower - Your default Shoot deals 2 damage instead of the normal 1. You may activate this skill when you Shoot someone to deal 2 more damage to a different player in the same turn. 2 Uses.

3. Transmitter - You hold a powerful transceiver capable of sending your location to the Earth Alliance’s reinforcements so that they can arrive earlier. To use it, you must spend Night Actions upgrading it. Your first upgrade does nothing, but your second upgrade will cause reinforcements to come at the start of Day Phase 10, instead of 11.

Assimilated Traits

1. Flamethrower - Your default Shoot deals 2 damage instead of the normal 1. You may activate this skill when you Shoot someone to deal 2 more damage to a different player in the same turn. 2 Uses.

2. Enhanced Communication Glands - You may send up to 2 instantaneous messages to any Assimilated player at any time. The Swarm Host will also receive your message. In addition, any remaining messages that you have not used with your “Comms Ally†skill can still be used.

3. Transmitter - Now that you are Assimilated, you may use your Transmitter to send false information to the enemy and delay the Humans’ victory. To use it, you must spend Night Actions upgrading it. Your first upgrade does nothing, but your second upgrade will cause reinforcements to come at the start of Day Phase 12, instead of 11.

Major Kyoko:

Major Kyoko - Tyskandar the Zeta Templar

Soldier Traits

• Broken Armor - Your armor is broken. Unless you spend a Night Action to repair it, your Health level is at 1.
  • Smoke Grenades - You may use this any time during the Day Phase. If used, you become invulnerable from any attempts to Shoot you for the rest of the Day Phase. You cannot Shoot in the same turn you activate this skill. 2 Uses.
  • Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

Zeta Traits

• Inumer - The ancient Zeta art of corruption and purification. Target 1 player. If he is Assimilated, he will revert back into a Soldier. If he is a Soldier, he will become Assimilated. If he is Immune, nothing happens. 1 Use.
  • Gunthrax - The ancient Zeta art of shielding and deflection. This skill creates a forcefield around you that prevents all incoming damage from Shooting in that Day Phase. However, this forcefield will be visible to other players. 2 Uses.
  • Fatalek - The ancient Zeta art of death and deception. When another player attempts to kill you, you may activate this skill to negate all damage you may take in this Day Phase and fake your death. While dead, you may re-activate this skill at any time to assassinate a target player instantly and re-appear in the game. However, your Zeta identity will be revealed when you do so. If you do not activate this ability within two Day Phases, you will re-appear without having killed anyone. 1 Use.

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla:

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Soldier Traits

1. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

2. Order - Once per Day Phase, you may Order someone to make a Day Action of your choice, but they may refuse. You may activate this skill to enforce the order, which causes the target to lose the use of his Traits until the start of the next Day Phase if he continues to refuse. This order cannot be used on the Colonel or Brigadier-General. 2 Uses.

3. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Assimilated Traits

• Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.
  • Order - Once per Day Phase, you may Order someone to make a Day Action of your choice, but they may refuse. You may activate this skill to enforce the order, which causes the target to lose the use of his Traits until the start of the next Day Phase if he continues to refuse. This order cannot be used on the Colonel or Brigadier-General. 2 Uses.
  • Execute Traitor - You may kill any player who has lost the use of their Traits due to disobeying your enforced order. 1 Use.

Colonel bon00b:

Colonel bon00b

Health: 3

Soldier Traits

1. Rocket Launcher - If you choose to Shoot someone, you may switch to your Rocket Launcher. This attack instantly kills the target. 1 Use.

2. Tactical Movements - When you activate this skill, reduce any damage you get this Day Phase by 1. 3 Uses.

3. Black Box Analysis - Conduct a full analysis on a player as a Night Action, revealing all his skills and his allegiance. 1 Use. (This would have revealed Zeta players as well.)

Assimilated Traits

1. Rocket Launcher - If you choose to Shoot someone, you may switch to your Rocket Launcher. This attack instantly kills the target. 1 Use.

2. Enhanced Tactical Movements - When you activate this skill, negate all incoming damage this Day Phase.

3. Black Box Analysis - Conduct a full analysis on a player as a Night Action, revealing all his skills and his allegiance. 1 Use. (This would have revealed Zeta players as well.)

Brigadier-General Noia:

Brigadier-General Noia

Soldier Traits

1. Overrule - If used in the Day Phase, you may veto any Vote that would have been passed or change its target to any player of your choice. 1 Use.

2. Classified Information - You know the identities of all players who are Immune to Assimilation. However, you cannot reveal this information to other players because it has been classified as Top Secret.

3. Undying Loyalty - If the Swarm Host attempts to Assimilate you, you will kill yourself before the Assimilation attempt succeeds.

FEEDBACK SESSION IS NOW OPEN!

How was the game? Did the Swarm Host get shafted? If so, how? Were the Zeta too mind-numbingly OP? Please give all feedback in consideration of the entire picture after reading through everyone's Traits, as some skills which were meant to be used weren't, so the game ended up being a bit one-sided near the end. Thank you!

1. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Such resistance

1. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Such resistance

That would have blocked the Swarm Host's first attempt at Assimilating you. Unfortunately it was Kyo's Zeta trait which turned you Assimilated:

• Inumer - The ancient Zeta art of corruption and purification. Target 1 player. If he is Assimilated, he will revert back into a Soldier. If he is a Soldier, he will become Assimilated. If he is Immune, nothing happens. 1 Use.

After you were Assimilated I gave you a much better third Trait, so don't complain. It's not like you were handicapped in the game because of it. :P

Uhh

If I recall the only reason I could use my third trait was because Alisyn used hers to save me, which I thought was questionable since I was already exposed as Assimilated anyway.

Did it on orders of Eth so you could kill HH and I could revive her. Which was useless since Eth was killed by hidden!Kyo. I'd hoped he'd assimilate wst or something so we could use his kick-out-of-the-round to win the vote. But yeah, moot. >.>

And in the end, exposing you was better since Sol would have caught me in a lie if I hadn't. At the very least, I gained some trust to get Kyo fake-killed the first time. >.>

People should listen to my suspicions more. I figured out the Zeta's ability to Assimilate. I figured out Kyo was faking his death. I figured out DG was the second Zeta (though I was admittedly after Ice for a while). D;

Zetas were too strong, Time.

How did Ice manage to detect Gate? It wasn't in the skill list. Neither was the Zetas' conditional attack buff.

Eh, not only does the Swarm Host has a 75% chance  of any Assimilation attempt backfiring (5 flat-out Immune, 1 commits seppaku if Assimilated, 1/2 Resistant, 1 becomes an undetectable spy), he also has to play around the fact that the identity of his first Assimilated is straightaway compromised by the Zeta without him knowing it? Oh, come on. 

DG kinda outed himself by mentioning a broken gun, kinda like me mentioning the comms message. Shooting ourselves in the foot. =x

Was Kyo Assimilating Seanzi right when Alisyn was Inspecting him a completely random act? With Noia somehow guessing right and Shadow getting slashed the very same Night he was Assimilated, the universe sure had it in for the Host.

Anyway, gotta commend Alisyn for lasting as long as she did. Generated so much value. o.O

But Alisyn, I as much as told you the Zetas were the one who did the Assimilation in my PM!

EDIT: Nearly forgot to commend Wstfgl for that Jensen Punch. Brought a tear to my eye, that it did.

I believe Kyo did it on purpose to try to frame me with his "she's Assimilated and gaining our trust" (which was actually true, though it was more unable-to-lie-well than gain-Soldiers'-trust xDD) argument. He may have also known that I was Assimilated if DG was able to pass on the information somehow--if I were killed and revealed, everyone would start to trust him.

I figured it out before you told me.

1. It wasn't me.

2. You'd be a moron to Assimilate someone I was about to Inspect. If someone (like Sol) caught me lying, Sean and I would both be compromised. If I told the truth (like I did), you lost an ally.

Thus, it was a third party. Most likely the Zetas you informed me about the night you Assimilated me. But I didn't want to reveal that information because people would ask where it came from and I'd be super suspicious.

Though since I didn't want to reveal that, I played it as

3. Sean has the ability to pass on Assimilation and was Assimilated #1.

Which fell apart after Sol's post, but then you helped me recover with your revealing-Kyo message. But then everyone ignored my speculations that the Zeta could Assimilate.

Did it on orders of Eth so you could kill HH and I could revive her. Which was useless since Eth was killed by hidden!Kyo. I'd hoped he'd assimilate wst or something so we could use his kick-out-of-the-round to win the vote. But yeah, moot. >.>

And in the end, exposing you was better since Sol would have caught me in a lie if I hadn't. At the very least, I gained some trust to get Kyo fake-killed the first time. >.>

People should listen to my suspicions more. I figured out the Zeta's ability to Assimilate. I figured out Kyo was faking his death. I figured out DG was the second Zeta (though I was admittedly after Ice for a while). D;

Zetas were too strong, Time.

Despite them not winning the game? Well, noted.

How did Ice manage to detect Gate? It wasn't in the skill list. Neither was the Zetas' conditional attack buff.

It was a final change I made after there was one Zeta left. I gave Ice the ability to detect Zetas (since her 3rd Trait was originally to detect the Swarm), while I increased DG's damage to 5 and changed his shield to defend against Votes instead of Shootings for a last attempt at victory.

Eh, not only does the Swarm Host has a 75% chance  of any Assimilation attempt backfiring (5 flat-out Immune, 1 commits seppaku if Assimilated, 1/2 Resistant, 1 becomes an undetectable spy), he also has to play around the fact that the identity of his first Assimilated is straightaway compromised by the Zeta without him knowing it? Oh, come on. 

DG kinda outed himself by mentioning a broken gun, kinda like me mentioning the comms message. Shooting ourselves in the foot. =x

Was Kyo Assimilating Seanzi right when Alisyn was Inspecting him a completely random act? With Noia somehow guessing right and Shadow getting slashed the very same Night he was Assimilated, the universe sure had it in for the Host.

Anyway, gotta commend Alisyn for lasting as long as she did. Generated so much value. o.O

But Alisyn, I as much as told you the Zetas were the one who did the Assimilation in my PM!

EDIT: Nearly forgot to commend Wstfgl for that Jensen Punch. Brought a tear to my eye, that it did.

1) The 5 players were not flat-out Immune, they would have been Assimilated through Alisyn's revival. If you had attempted to Assimilate Noia you would have killed her instead, which is in fact a major bonus to the Swarm because she knows who is immune (and used that information to guess who you were, later on).  The Resistant players were placed to hamper you, yes, but their Assimilated skills were meant to be a huge buff. In addition, you were one of them, which took one of the Resistant players out immediately. And finally, the last one isn't an undetectable spy. Ice could not send any messages to you or your Assimilated players if she didn't know who you were, and this information would not have been made readily available to her. Even if she knew, she could not utilize the Swarm Message, which means her 'spy' status could easily have been detected by asking her to send a message to two players at once (another Assimilated + Swarm Host).

Besides, every Assimilation attempt you made succeeded. I don't see why you're complaining. :P

2) Kyo intentionally Assimilated Sanzi just before Alisyn's Inspection. It was part of his attempt to mess with Sanzi. And as mentioned above, Noia had knowledge of who was Immune (and thus who couldn't have been the Swarm Host). She used the information and guessed that you were most probably Assimilated, if not the Swarm Host. The Brigadier-General isn't the highest rank for nothing. She was meant to play a lead role in finding and fighting the Swarm.

I also forgot to reveal the Zeta win conditions and Night Actions, so here they are (if you notice, the Zeta are encouraged not to kill unnecessary people, as that would draw attention towards themselves):

You have two win conditions. If either one of them is fulfilled, you win the game.

Zeta:

1. Kill the Swarm Host, the Brigadier-General, and the human who saw you during the Takeover. After that, make your slip by not having anyone shoot or vote against you for two consecutive turns.

2. Kill all non-Zeta players.

Your updated Night Phase actions are as follows:

Zeta:

1. Scan another player. This will reveal 1 trait of the target, but cannot be upgraded further as you do not know how to operate human technology.

2. Attack a player with your Zeta warpblades. This will deal 3 damage to the target player. If enough damage is dealt by you and your partner during the Night Phase, the player will be killed. However, usage of the Zeta warpblades leave behind very distinctive wounds.

3. Message a player. Messages will be sent out at the end of the Night Phase.

We were just lucky, really, to pin down the Zeta. If Kyo hadn't attempted the target-code, or Eth hadn't been listening, we probably wouldn't have found Kyo as quickly as we did. We found DG because he finally stopped being silent and let slip his broken gun, which I immediately linked with Kyo's broken armor. Otherwise, there was no information on DG unless someone scanned him and found it, but nobody was looking at him. They were all looking at the loud, active people like me. >.>

Then, they can kill two people a night in the early stages, one in the later, and Kyo doesn't actually die until we kill him twice, but we don't know that. Though I deduced it. And everyone ignored me. TT_____TT

And there was apparently no way to find the Zeta until you changed Ice's trait.

We were just lucky, really, to pin down the Zeta. If Kyo hadn't attempted the target-code, or Eth hadn't been listening, we probably wouldn't have found Kyo as quickly as we did. We found DG because he finally stopped being silent and let slip his broken gun, which I immediately linked with Kyo's broken armor. Otherwise, there was no information on DG unless someone scanned him and found it, but nobody was looking at him. They were all looking at the loud, active people like me. >.>

Then, they can kill two people a night in the early stages, one in the later, and Kyo doesn't actually die until we kill him twice, but we don't know that. Though I deduced it. And everyone ignored me. TT_____TT

And there was apparently no way to find the Zeta until you changed Ice's trait.

And finally, the mysterious Zeta were intentionally designed to be more difficult to detect than the Swarm. 

You have two win conditions. If either one of them is fulfilled, you win the game.

Zeta:

1. Kill the Swarm Host, the Brigadier-General, and the human who saw you during the Takeover. After that, make your slip by not having anyone shoot or vote against you for two consecutive turns.

If they were easy to detect, this win condition would have been impossible to fulfill. In fact, there are many ways to detect the Zeta even without a "clear way" such as Scanning for the Swarm.

1. The Broken Weapon/Armor traits, which can be detected by Scanning.
  2. Warpblades leave very unique trails on the corpses.
  3. Kyo's death faking ability will reveal his identity as a Zeta when he re-appears.
  4. Activation of their barriers would also have revealed their Zeta identities.

They would have eventually been revealed, even if nobody took any actions at discovering them. I think everyone's too used to the fact that the Swarm can be detected by "proven" means via Scanning. Because the Zeta were so technologically superior to the humans, I meant the Zeta-Human relationship to pay homage back to the initial Mafia design - where nobody had the means to know who the Murderer was, and could only make wild guesses. But I knew that leaving no evidence of their presence would be too broken, which is why I placed so many clues to their existence all over the place.

They were impossible to detect, except by luck and Ice's changed trait.