Nefarian

Black To Earth

14 posts in this topic

A humor role-play inspired along the lines of Night Vale, Futurama, Game of Thrones, Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Scott Pilgrim, The Blackwater Gospel (youtube), and Homestuck. The main theme for this role-pay is; 1. Survive in an insane world full of anarchy and chaos. 2. Make your character as ridiculously unique compared to the others even if it doesn't make sense. and 3. Everything that doesn't make sense might make sense in this role-play. Physics doesn't exactly work in this role-play, and if and when your character dies, they can come back at any time. This role-play was created so anyone can alleviate their boredom- especially me because I easily get bored.

We can use inside jokes and ideas from other places even if it sounds cheesy. The whole point is to make this role-play completely insane, so feel free to add something funny you found on the internet like Tumblr or Reddit. Don't comment something like 'OHH you got that from Tumblr' or 'you got that from Night Vale'. IT'S A FAN-FIC ROLE-PLAY MASH UP. Just act like it's completely original, and be happy. I was going to make this pg-13 but I felt that since this role-play is an 'anything goes' role-play, I'd let people add a dose of yaoi in here too if they want.
This role-play goes along the terms of Cody Lyoko where all of our characters attend a boarding school but crazy shit happens and it is haunted so you can hear screaming and sounds of demons at night. Many different species of creatures and aliens live here. Also, the kids go to this abandoned building where they have a high tech virtual reality and the main villain in the virtual world is able to harm children in the real world. Fun stuff. The boarding school is called Black Sands Academy, and has grades 6-12. The town the school in is in the middle of the desert near Area 51 called Black Sands. The 'news' from The Onion.com can be reality for our characters' world. Also, the town they live in has a large cult that worships the glowing flying cloud in the night sky.
So, when reading the role-play, whether or not you are apart of it or not, just sit back and let your imagination go wild.
When creating a character, you can have as little information as you want. The only required fields are the ones with stars on them. Since I come from a website that had a group of thirty role-players all in one role-play, I'm used to role-playing in large numbers. If you want to join, just ask ^_^ . If accepted, you will create your character based on the template I provide here:
-------
**CHARACTER NAME:
Description:
Any other information:
also, when creating a character I advise you to put at least one physical/mental disability or personality flaw.
--------
That's all you really need.
It will be opened in the Student forum when all players are submitted and approved. 
I will open it with the beginning setting, and we will start from there.

... I'm not sure what Game of Thrones has to do with anything else on that list.

But sure, sounds wacky enough.

I was expecting the school to have various houses that try to kill each other when the school faculty isn't looking.

This idea sounds fun. I'm in! Give me a day to create my character.

Liike this rp would be a physical interpretation of how I visualize what the Students go through here at surreality-rp. A bunch of insane, 'surreal' things happen and everything seems to try to kill your character, and all your character wants is just to graduate!

Also, I'm kind of sick of how in every RP or fanfic I've ever read, humans are portrayed as the most boring/and or most weak of intelligent creatures. So in this rp, regular humans can have powers and stuff too.

I personally share that sentiment. I eagerly await my chance to grind elves into sparkly glitter.

Elves aren't made of sparkly glitter?

I personally share that sentiment. I eagerly await my chance to grind elves into sparkly glitter.

Elves aren't made of sparkly glitter?

*poofs into everyone else's business*

you might be confusing elves with vampires, if I understand correctly. see: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/21/twilight-science-supports-sparkly-vampires_n_905037.html

*cackles and poofs away*

* tips hat* In my roleplay, we won't be playing any vampires in terms of Twilight Saga, and I'm sure many races of elves would be insulted by the sparkles comment.

I admit, I'm biased against elves. Damned holier-than-thou fascist vegan bastards with a stick rammed so far up their collective arses it wouldn't see the light of day if the sun went nova in front of them.

Maybe it just annoys me that some people take "elf" as "human, but prettier. Even the guys. Especially the guys."

My character! I won't include much information here, but you can find out more about him through the RP. :)

Name: Paulus Maxwell Errington the Fifth

Race: Human

Description: Paulus is a Third Degree Summoner, capable of calling up spirits of creatures and animals from beyond our realm to help him.

I'm gonna just leave this bare-bones thing here.

Name: Baroness Esmerelda Von Katzenberg

Species: Conspicuously Undisclosed

Description: Esmerelda is an exchange student from a small, obscure European country. She is from a family of incredibly high stature in her homeland, and acts very aristocratic and snobbish, with plenty a harsh word for those she deems as inferior. She is Vice-Captain of House Explicit Fisticuffs, aiding her House in their eternal struggle for dominance against the other houses of the school.

She doesn't choose to fight much, leaving combat in the hands of her capable butler, but can project a defensive barrier to shield herself from attacks.

This... sounds... really... awesome... is it too late to try and join?  I'd love to take part in this!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead