Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ack!

Japanese

10 posts in this topic

So I'm taking on the endeavour of learning Japanese. I'm using this site called Nihongo Master as well as working with a tutor (primarily for my speech). I'm but a meer baby with all of this, but my intent is to get to to a stage where I can translate writing comfortably.

Has anybody else tried to learn Japanese or know how to speak it here? I can always use some study buddies. Specifically, I'd like to follow the progress of people on Nihongo Master if I could. My user name is acktacky (https://www.nihongomaster.com/community/member/26300/). We could start a team and study together! :<

I learnt Japanese in school, but I'm horribly rusty and my vocabulary is, to put it simply, horribly lacking. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to spend on studying it again, though.

I took three semesters recently as my highschool foreign language, though I passed with 70s each semester.  

Only Japanese words I know are 'oppai' and 'oshiri.'

1 person likes this

> Sanzi's vocabulary

> no "Megane"

The body snatchers have come

I'm learning Japanese 2 in university now! We can study together!!! Though I'm sorta reaching my final exams soon, and will stop studying Japanese after this, so it may be a bit late. ):

Also, that site looks really cute.

I'm just now finishing up my Hiragana, so I'm probably so far behind from all of you. XD But I totally get everybody being too busy to do this. I just want some friends!

I can speak some broken Japanese too! You can always practice on us. XD

I've had a course Japanese in my first year studying animation about 5 years ago (how conciderate of them) but because it wasn't mandatory and on the final period of our Friday it wasn't very popular and was dropped by the second year. Still, I kept the books and know some of the speaking basics; introductions, basic phrases, counting to 100, some of the honorifics, how "something 'no' something" works and how important it is to present your business card correctly and respectfully

one day I'll pick it up again and learn to read/write too, but it's low priority now.

btw, coolest thing about Japanese class was being introduced to ghibli movies and Fairy tail, from time to time we could spend the last half hour of our 90 minute class to show something cool from Japan.

I want to do this. I have no time to do this but I want to do this.

1 person likes this