TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

After mankind’s initial voyage into space was interrupted and ultimately consumed by an alien entity known as The Swarm, the world governments have decided to take a more active role in handling the knowledge that we are not alone in the universe. Three teams of highly specialized and deadly soldiers have been gathered, hand-picked from a pool of humans who are most likely to be immune to the Swarm’s deadly Assimilation. They are given the best weapons and equipment money can buy, and sent out into space in order to gather more information on the alien threat and rescue the lost voyage of scientists. But are they too late?

SWARM MYSTERY II: THE RECKONING

starcraft2_marines.jpg

Your team locates the crashed spaceship off a rocky asteroid twice the size of the Moon, with its chambers utterly destroyed and devoid of life. Your bioscanners detect that lifeforms have been moving from the crash site into a deep crater in the vicinity, and your team decides to explore further. However, the moment the last member of your team descends into the murky darkness, an unearthly voice rings out all around you.

“You are too late…â€

There is a muffled scream from one of your teammates, but the voice is too garbled to tell who. Then another, and yet another.

“You humans are centuries too young to face the might of the Swarm…â€

You try to look around for your team, but all communications between you and the rest of the world have been cut off. Something must be jamming your transmitter. Looks like you’ll have to rely on a more primitive communication system if you wish to contact your team members. You reach to switch on your flashlight, but it does little good in the overwhelming darkness that is all around the cave.

“Shall we play… a game?â€

The entire cavern is suddenly flooded with light. You shield your eyes, trying to adjust to the abrupt change in brightness. After a few moments, you look around - and see no one but your teammates around you. You do a quick head count - everyone is accounted for. Who were the ones screaming just now, then?

In this game, there will be 1 Swarm Host at the beginning, like the previous game. However, half of the remaining players will be immune to Assimilation, making it harder for the Swarm Host to pick targets. However, nobody will know who is immune, even if you yourself are immune. In addition, the Humans have an additional win condition. If they survive for 10 Day Phases and 10 Night Phases, they automatically win the game as reinforcements arrive.

Win Conditions:

Humans:

1. Kill all non-human entities

2. Survive till Day Phase 11

Swarm Host:

1. Assimilate all possible humans and kill the rest of the players.

Assimilated:

1. ​You win when the Swarm Host wins.

Actions

Day Phase (All players):

1. Vote for someone to be executed. The majority vote will determine who is killed off at the end of the phase. You cannot Vote if you have chosen to Shoot someone. Votes can be changed at will, but your Vote will be nullified if you choose to Shoot someone.

2. Shoot someone to deal 1 damage. If the person is dealt enough damage by the end of the phase, he/she will be killed. Once you choose to Shoot someone, you cannot change your decision. If you are dealt damage in that Day Phase but survive till the end, your health is returned to its full capacity.

3. Vote for someone to be tracked. If the person is targeted by any Night Action except Message from other players, all players will be notified at the start of the next Day Phase.

Night Phase:

Humans

1. Scan another player. This will reveal different pieces of information based on your scan upgrade level.

2. Upgrade your suit. This is a free action, which means that you can upgrade your suit and perform another Night Action in the same Night Phase. Several upgrades can be made:

1. Weapon upgrade - Increases your damage by 1, up to a maximum of 3.

2. Armor upgrade - Increases your health by 1, up to a maximum of 5. 

3. Scan upgrade - Improves your scanner. Default scanner will reveal 1 trait of the target. Level 2 scanner will be able to detect Assimilated players. Level 3 scanner will reveal the target player’s health and damage. Level 4 scanner will be able to detect the Swarm Host.

3. Message a player. Messages will be sent out at the end of the Night Phase.

Swarm Host

1. Assimilate a player. If the player cannot be Assimilated, he/she will be informed of the failed attempt.

2. Murder a player. This will work on all players.

3. Message your Assimilated members OR one player of your choice. This action can be done in addition to any other Night Actions you take.

Assimilated

1. You can take all actions normal Human players can take. In addition, you may choose to replace your usual Message skill with the Swarm Message:

2. Swarm Message: Send a message to a fellow Assimilated player. The Swarm Host will also receive the Swarm Message. The Message will be sent at the end of the Night Phase.

Current Status: 1/12 Assimilated.

Participants:

Private Hastings

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Corporal Ice

Sergeant Ethereal

Master Sergeant Alisyn

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Lieutenant Gate

Captain Shadow

Major Kyoko

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Colonel bon00b

Brigadier-General Noia

DAY PHASE 1 [1/12 ASSIMILATED]

DAY PHASE 2 [2/12 ASSIMILATED]

DAY PHASE 3 [3/9 ASSIMILATED]

DAY PHASE 4 [3/9 ASSIMILATED]

Did I give you permission to talk, Private Hastings?

Please bold your execution votes in red and your tracking votes in blue for easy counting.

Sorry, First Warrant Officer.

And no, please don't kill me, Lieutenant-Colonel. Here's your pipe, sir.

*explosions resound in the crater, kicking up a cloud of dust*

"Hiiiiiya!" *leaps out from the shadows and Shoots First Warrant Officer Solystice while mid-air*

"FIRST BLOOD!!!"

*lands on his feet and fist-pump*

Edited by TriOctium
PEACE AND LOVE

Speaking of which, Tri, you need to pick a third colour for shooting. May I suggest regular bold for execution votes and red for shooting?

OH NO SERGEANT ETEREAL TOOK FIRST BLOOD HOW DARE HE

GOTTA SHOOT ICE

Edited by TriOctium
PEACE AND LOVE

Shootings will be coloured pink, to symbolize peace and love.

I've helped you guys edit your posts.

Um, guys, I'm not sure what the point of all this shooting is. Random shooting does, well, nothing for us...

"ARRRRGH, what is this pink?! Why has my BFG turned into a pink Nerf Heartbreaker?!"

j2eEhpd.jpg

Shooting Ice wasn't random.

I ANNOUNCED I WAS GOING TO DO IT AGES AGO

...and people like that make Lieutenant-Colonel? Well, I guess it demonstrates... confidence and trustworthiness, and sticking to one's word...? Regardless, I'm not convinced this is a particularly good idea. You're literally shooting people. For fun. Seriously.

Sergeants get to be dumb grunts. HUZZAAAAH!!

Who's up for some beer tonight before we start kicking some Swarm-y butt?

I said I had a reason.

Ice is loud, even when she's wrong, and people are sheep. They follow the loud people. Last time we lost because everyone blindly followed Ice despite my insistence that killing Pain (was it Pain? I don't remember) would mean that we'd lose the game on that turn.

So even if she isn't evil this turn, not gonna risk that happening again.

Yeah, see, that's the sort of thing you have to tell people, especially the rank newbies and idiots like me (everything subtle tends to fly well over my head).

So me being loud to move the "sheep" in the right direction (since half of people are immune so I have a high chance of being immune) is bad? Sounds fishy >.>

BUT THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT :D

Don't care, I already shot you >__>

Also you never moved anyone in the right direction. That's the point.

If everyone says 'Aye' I will skip the 48 hour wait and progress to Night Phase 1. Of course there's also the matter of voting for a person to be tracked, if you guys want to do so.

Huh. Okay.

I've no idea what all these ranks and titles mean. (Read: Screw all of your ranks, I do what I want)

I'm shooting Sanzilla because he's my best friend.

The name list at the front is ordered from lowest to highest rank. Which means you're the highest ranking person around here, Noia. XD

Oh WOW.

I can dig that.

Air smells good up here.

B)