TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

. . . And the Soldiers don't win if they destroy the Swarm Host?

Oh. I see. Non-human entities. >.>

But they (such as Kyo) appear to be human?

Track Solystice. Though if anyone has the ability to identify Zetas, it would be useful if they were to speak up (if their health is 4+). Unless they're already Assimilated and will die and be useless after the Host dies anyways. xDD

Ice, if your third trait is to bring the Host down, can you not use it and share it with us? -blink-

Could appease my suspicions so I can find the other Zeta. xD

Hey... I got a question for ya, Taco. Or anyone who wants to answer it. If all the soldiers get 4+ health, doesn't the soldiers kinda win? I mean, I guess the last zeta could try and manipulate during the Day Phases but they couldn't kill at night anymore and I'm sure the soldiers would figure it out before too long who they were.... Right?

There are always benefits to upgrading your armor, but it doesn't necessarily guarantee the Soldiers' victory.

There's still the weird discrepancy of two attacks last night, Ice. We don't know how it happened or whether it could happen again.

And like I said, I'm not certain Kyo is dead and not faking with his superior-race concealment abilities. To us humans, he's dead. But to us humans, he was also human even though he admitted to being Zeta.

. . . It would be hilariously tragic if Sol were the second Zeta. xD

Sean admitted to one and did the report tell us Shadow's health? If it was 3 or below, it could've easily been the other Zeta if that's the case.

Yeah, but one also attacked me last night. Supposedly. Maybe.

Didn't identify as Zeta, but said something about warpblades and not being human.

I reported it on the previous page.

And here it is again.

During the Night, just before you are about to go to sleep, a shadowy figure jumped out from behind a rock, warpblades flashing dangerously in the dark! You put up a valiant struggle, but he still manages to inflict several cuts and wounds on your arms and body (3 damage). Fortunately, your armor was enough to resist the attempted murder, and you successfully fight the strange individual off. It was no human; what could have attacked you?

Aly, you mentioned that I'm highest on your trust list - I'm not gonna ask why, but that seems awfully odd, considering Eth, at least, has given us all that information (even if he considers himself worthless now). I'd like to know why you distrust Eth.

Additionally I think it bears noting that if the Swarm Host dies, Tracking conveys no protection - come on, guys, it only tells us if someone was targeted by a Night Action. Including Scanning - the Swarm could easily have scanned the tracked unit to screw with us. I'm fairly convinced that the Zeta can't assimilate - this is admittedly unproven - so they're left with trying to kill people. Which will be rather obvious if you're targeted and you survive (in which case Tri will tell you so), or you're targeted and die (in which case Tri will tell everyone so).

So basically tracking me is only useful if the Swarm Host survives, which is worst-case scenario. Tell me if I'm wrong.

The only ones here who have't used any traits at all are Gate and Bonoob. We may want to apply some pressure on them.

Yeah, Tracking is pretty meh now, so we should just stick it on anybody and move onto the next agenda.

I dunno why the blades that killed Shadow left charred wounds. Not sure if it's significant or purely aesthetic.

You're right, but that's why we want to track someone. If the Swam Host doesn't die, we don't want to be caught behind by having not made a move to try to protect someone(as we have deemed that is kind of the best use of tracking).

It's not that I don't trust Eth. I believed in his then-anonymous information and truly believe that we "killed" a Zeta when we killed Kyo. (Jury's still out for me on whether he stayed dead.)

However, people were saying they wanted to find the least likely Assimilated/Zeta to Track, and I believed that to be you. Unless you lied about using your ability on Kyo in addition to Sean (a possibility), I believe that you are neither Swarm/Assimilated nor Zeta. You ousted Sean when there was no need to since I'd already confirmed his status, and I'd imagine the Zeta know each other (they were able to make direct contact the first night instead of muddling around trying to look for each other) and have methods of communication, so there would be no reason for you to watch Kyo.

And yeah, idk about the tracking. Just something to do, and insurance just in case, as someone mentioned, Eth was lying or Noia survives.

I'll just propose to track Solystice for now.

Anyway, there's nothing else I can do, having thrown out all my cards and committed my shot, so aye.

Eth, we still need to pool suspicions to find the other Zeta. :o

I think there are a few people who still haven't shown up yet? Would be nice to know if they discovered anything.

I can still talk after having aye'd, but unless someone brings up new information...

(as we have deemed that is kind of the best use of tracking).

"we" did not deem anything. I suggested it on day 1 and everyone jumped on it. I don't deny that it's useful protection - but it is not great protection. See last night, and don't forget that the Swarm Host has murder capability also (check the first post).

Actually, I'm curious about Ice's information ability. HH had one too. But I have no idea what the condition to unlock them is.

Yes. Yes, that is true.

Does anyone think there's a possibility of HH being a Zeta? I mean, Kyo is basically confirmed Zeta now, but he was revealed as Soldier - could the same happen for HH?

EDIT: "true" referring to Aly's post.

EDIT2: Tri said, and I quite, "Private Hastings was not assimilated." Go look at it, page 13. Seriously. Semantics are important.

EDIT3: Ack no it's page 15. But on page 14 he said "Major Kyoko was a soldier".

I think this bears the possibility that HH was a Zeta. EDIT4 that would explain the two Zeta warblade strikes last night - though it seems to exonerate Kyo...

Actually, I'm curious about Ice's information ability. HH had one too. But I have no idea what the condition to unlock them is.

If I survive to the next Day Phase and the Host does not, I will tell. If the Host makes it as well as I, I cannot tell. If I die this Night Phase by Sean... I guess you'll find it out through Taco xD Though I think I already broke something with it the last Day Phase but I still don't wanna risk it with the Host still standing.

Yes. Yes, that is true.

Does anyone think there's a possibility of HH being a Zeta? I mean, Kyo is basically confirmed Zeta now, but he was revealed as Soldier - could the same happen for HH?

EDIT: "true" referring to Aly's post.

EDIT2: Tri said, and I quite, "Private Hastings was not assimilated." Go look at it, page 13. Seriously. Semantics are important.

EDIT3: Ack no it's page 15. But on page 14 he said "Major Kyoko was a soldier".

I think this bears the possibility that HH was a Zeta. EDIT4 that would explain the two Zeta warblade strikes last night - though it seems to exonerate Kyo...

That might explain why we can't see HH's third trait... but I think we should play as if there is still a Zeta around.

I apologize everyone, I did not realize how busy my week would be. Personally, I'm not sure where my judgement should be laid as...I'm not sure on anyone in particular right now. I just have an inkling of a possible choice that my current choices will lead me to discover something important. For now I shall say Aye and hope that this next night phase, all will be revealed.

It also neatly explains the fact that there were two Zeta warblade strikes last night despite one of the zeta being supposedly dead - Kyo. Easiest fix is probably to leave her dead and see how many warblade strikes there are. One means she's probably guilty and we leave her dead. Two means she's probably innocent.

Frankly, the number of Zeta is starting to become rather important; we need to know to calculate night actions, but we don't know; all we can do is guess between 2 and 3.

Well to be honest, what am I going to do? The damage is done and the votes are tallied. My aid isn't needed at this point.

Noia could have 4 health and Sean only has one vote on him right now. What do you mean your aid isn't needed?