TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

I already left it yesterday before I went to bed. I'd rather keep my remaining eye until I don't need it here, then I'll leave it too.

As the day draws to an end, two major events take place. The first is the killing of Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla. Despite his haughty claims, this time the Soldiers are successful in executing him, and discover that he was an Assimilated!

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Health: 2

Attack: 1

Soldier Traits

1. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

2. Order - Once per Day Phase, you may Order someone to make a Day Action of your choice, but they may refuse. You may activate this skill to enforce the order, which causes the target to lose the use of his Traits until the start of the next Day Phase if he continues to refuse. This order cannot be used on the Colonel or Brigadier-General. 2 Uses.

3. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Assimilated Traits

• Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.
  • Order - Once per Day Phase, you may Order someone to make a Day Action of your choice, but they may refuse. You may activate this skill to enforce the order, which causes the target to lose the use of his Traits until the start of the next Day Phase if he continues to refuse. This order cannot be used on the Colonel or Brigadier-General. 2 Uses.
  • Execute Traitor - You may kill any player who has lost the use of their Traits due to disobeying your enforced order. 1 Use.

The second major event is the shooting of Sergeant Ethereal. Bullets fill the air as the Sergeant falls to the ground... but something happens! His body is twisting and mutating in inhumane ways...

Sergeant Ethereal has Ascended into the Swarm Host!

hydralisk_by_bcnyart-d37ztvg.jpg

The entire group gazes upon his terrible form as their bullets bounce ineffectually off his hide. His health and attack values have drastically increased, causing him to survive today's shooting!

Sweet dreams!

NIGHT PHASE 3 [48 HOURS]

ASSIMILATED: 2/8

Purple Heart, ahahahahahaha

*falls asleep*

2 people like this

Guess voting is the way it should go. Hope some zeta-killing happens tonight. Goodnight all.

great skies eth I was going to purple heart you, seriously, traitor

The troop of Soldiers awaken to see the monstrous face of Swarm Host Ethereal once more. Surprisingly, there are no new corpses. In fact, an old face has returned - it seems that Private Hastings has been brought back to life!

In addition, the Assimilated count has gone up by 1. Whether or not these two events are related is still unclear.

First Warrant Officer Solystice was not targeted by any Night Actions.

Current Status: 3/9 Assimilated.

Participants:

Private Hastings

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Corporal Ice

Sergeant Ethereal

Master Sergeant Alisyn

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Lieutenant Gate

Captain Shadow

Major Kyoko

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Colonel bon00b

Brigadier-General Noia

DAY PHASE 4 [48 HOURS]

No Zeta attacks tonight, for some reason. Let's get this out of the way.

Vote to lynch Eth.

By the way - tracker was on me last night, aye? Was I targeted by any night actions?

EDIT, the Swarm Host *can* be lynched, right...?

Guess who has her powers baaaaack~

And Ice is back with a vengeance.

For example, guess what I found last night? A few things, actually. Like a confirmation, for starters. I was pretty iffy on bon00b giving us information that Alisyn was assimilated. I mean, it's clearly that is something I would love to hear so it'd be useful to get me on your side and against her. And I don't like to be used. So I went out for a bit last night. Finally got my health where I wanted it so I risked a scanner upgrade and scanned Alisyn myself.

Alisyn is Assimilated.

I was going to enjoy making her rat herself out, hoping she may prove useful to us, but then I did a bit of math and realized we outnumber again. 5-4. Is HH on our side? Who knows. Alisyn is the one who brought her back. Noia is also the one who messaged her. Since we did spare Noia's life, why don't we have her give us a bit more information on that message? By the way, while I was scanning Alisyn, did anyone scan Noia? We really should discuss our night scanning-plans more e.e

But I have more information than just that~

Sol, you're wrong. The Zeta did attack. They attacked me. And failed. And...did not attack again? So either Sean was both Zeta and Assimilated(we have no proof you can't be both) or their double-attack was a one-use thing.

This also proves Noia is not a Zeta. She could not perform any Night Actions. Is Noia on our side?

Let's see what happens today~

And, for starters, I vote to exterminate Eth.

Sorry, I've edited that into the post above. And yes, the Swarm Host can be voted off.

Suddenly, a silent figure darts out of the shadows, landing on Swarm Host Ethereal's monstrous back as the entire cave is suddenly illuminated by bright green light. Although the Swarm Host is a formidable foe, he is caught off-guard, and the stranger slits his neck before he can counterattack.

dark_prelate_zeratul_and_ultralisk_starc

The strange figure then lands on the ground, warpblades flaring in the darkness as he turns to face the remaining Human Soldiers, his eyes glinting with knowledge and power. Wait a minute... is that... Major Kyoko? It is! The man you thought was once dead has come back to life, killing Ethereal in the process. "I am Tyskandar, the Zeta Templar," he declares. "Know my name, as you bring it to your grave."

Swarm Host Ethereal, Master Sergeant Alisyn and Private Hastings have been killed!

Current Status: ?/7 Zeta

2 people like this

Enemy or not, you have just made Kyo become a total badass in my mind.

I'm calling 2-3 Zeta.(one could have given up their attack last night to revive Kyo... THE MASTER OF THE ZETA CAUSE HE'S SO AMAZINGLY COOL RIGHT NOW! "We must raise Kyo from the dead! He is the greatest! Our leader!" "I shall attack tonight to distract the soldiers while you do so!" "Affirmative! Great and amazing Kyo, we cannot do this alone! Your amazing ability and skill and kickass-ness is needed!"

*in materializes Kyo* "Kill a horrendous monster that is quadruple my size? Psh. Easy." *re-insert Taco's attack scene here*)

Okay, done fangirling xD

What do we do? Vote or shoot? Any suspects besides Kyo? I'm kinda leaning toward West.

And I clearly retract my vote on Eth. Since Kyo... ya know... *squeals*

I scanned Aly as well - I'll triple-confirm that she's assimilated - though I was hoping to reveal that later; once we know more about HH. Right now, my three assimilated suspects are Eth himself - who does count as an assimilated, I believe - plus Aly, who's been confirmed assimilated by myself, bon00b *and* Ice. The last assimilated unit... I believe is possibly Hercs, as Aly revived her. On the other hand, see below for a possible sequence of events that appears to prove her innocent.\

As this is the second time I scanned Aly, I also revealed her second Soldier trait; I'd quote it, but I don't feel like accessing my PM inbox, so you'll have to live with this for now - if you guys want, I can quote it later. Basically it allows her to prevent one Day-phase death once; affects both lynches and shots.

Considering that Seanzilla survived his death on Day 2, I suspect the following sequence of events:

Eth is taken by the Swarm Host Night 0. Assimilation count 1 - this is the start of the game.

Alisyn was assimilated Night 1 (assimilation count 2)/

Seanzilla assimilated Day 2 just before Aly's inspection - this one I can confirm. Revealed to be assimilated and shot to... not-death. (Assimilated count 3).

Shadow assimilated Night 2, murdered by Zeta that same night - I'm assuming Zeta actions are taken after assimilation. (Assimilated count still 3).

Seanzilla executed Day 2, Eth revealed to be the Swarm Host and shot to... not-death (again. with Seanzilla's death, assimilation count 2).

Someone - we're not sure *who* - is assimilated Night 3. Hercs is revived - although I'm not certain *why* Aly would do this. The Swarm Host can't target dead units for assimilation, after all.

Unless - unless Aly's revival skill, upon assimilation, revives someone as an assimilated, regardless of former affiliation. We've seen Shadow's traits - upon assimilation, his Comms Ally Soldier trait was changed to the Enhanced Communications Glands Assimilated trait.

I don't think it's too far a stretch to assume the following Swarm-side gameplan for last night:

Aly revives Hercs as an assimilated - total number of assimilated 3/9.

Eth assimilates someone - 4/9.

Eth has that assimilated someone - presumably he'd pick someone with a high rank - force someone's day vote, probably Ice since she has the most dangerous shot - thereby giving him a 5/9 majority and preventing his lynch again. I've revealed and used my own Force Day Action trait; so has Lt. Gates. Capt. Shadow is dead, Maj. Kyoko is also dead, Lt. Col Seanzilla is dead - leaving Col bon00b and BG Noia as possible assimilation targets. I'm assuming that whoever was targeted was immune to assimilation, as the assimilation apparently failed - we have just 3/9 assimilated, and thank goodness for that.

I think what we need to know, quite importantly, is if anyone else was Zeta-targeted last night. If there were any other Zeta attacks, we need to know.

EDIT: WHYYY TRI? WHY DID YOU GO AND POST THAT BEFORE ME? MY POST WAS A BRILLIANT PIECE OF DEDUCTIVE GENIUS!

Alright. Kyo is apparently alive again. He's confirmed Zeta. Let's off him. Vote to execute Kyo.

I would like to say... I feel sorry for HH... for she was killed before she could do cool stuff... revived... then killed before she could even make a post.

A moment of si- naaaaah, you were Assimilated, no silence for you. But it's the thought that counts <3

Aight. Vote to exterminate Kyo. Who are we shooting?

1 person likes this

No one as of now, I think. We don't really need to off anyone right now; Aly's shown that the Zeta's attacks are at most 3 damage, and we've got a nearly-confirmed number of two Zeta - though I concede that it *may* be 3.

I think our best course of action is as follows: We off Kyo today, leaving the Zeta at 1/6, or 2/6 if there are 3 Zeta. Then we all upgrade health and count the number of Zeta attacks at night. If there's only one, we stall the game until Day Phase 8 and win. If there are two, we'll know when someone dies at night, putting our number at 2/5. At that point... we pray that we off the correct person.

Simply put, we can't afford to off two people today in case there are 3 Zeta. If we fail, that puts us at 2/5 at the end of the Day Phase. The Zeta off someone at night, and we're done for - 2/4.

EDIT I need to sleep will be up in 8 hours.

Well how nice of you to vote for my execution when I just offed the swarm host for you. Humans clearly have no grasp of gratitude. I suppose all I have to do now is attack one of you with my warpblades. Hmm...decisions...

1 person likes this

Yes, and we thank you for this grace. Unfortunately, you are still an enemy and must be terminated. I vote on Kyo

My bad. Here are Eth and Alisyn's details:

Sergeant Ethereal (Swarm Host)

Health: 2 (+1)

Soldier Traits

1. Improved Scanner - Your scanner starts out at level 2.

2. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

3. Resistant - You are not completely immune to Assimilation, but you are naturally resistant towards it. The first Assimilation attempt on you will fail.

Assimilated Traits

1. Enhanced Electromagnetic Sensitivity - As a Night Action, you can spend the Night Phase listening out for Messages being sent by the Soldiers. You will pick up and gain the knowledge of all Messages sent during that Night Phase. 2 Uses.

2. Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

3. Enhanced Hide - Your skin is unnaturally tough. You get a +1 bonus to health.

Master Sergeant Alisyn

Health: 4

Soldier Traits

1. Inspect - You may inspect a target player as a free Day Phase action. This will inform you of his current health and attack values, as well as whether he has been Assimilated. The target player must agree to let you inspect him.

2. Adrenaline Jab - When someone is about to be killed at the end of a Day Phase, you may use this ability to prevent him or her from dying. 1 Use.

3. Emergency Resuscitation Device - As a Night Action, you may revive a dead player. 1 Use.

Assimilated Traits

1. Inspect - You may inspect a target player as a free Day Phase action. This will inform you of his current health and attack values, as well as whether he has been Assimilated. The target player must agree to let you inspect him.

2. Adrenaline Jab - When someone is about to be killed at the end of a Day Phase, you may use this ability to prevent him or her from dying. 1 Use.

3. Emergency Resuscitation Device - Now that you have been Assimilated, you may still revive dead players. However, when you revive them, they will be Assimilated if they have not yet been Assimilated yet. 1 Use.

OH COME ON, HOW DID THE SWARM HOST CHANGE

EDIT: Ugh, nevermind. Got it.

I told you all Kyo was still alive and faking with two Zeta attacks the previous night. -_____-

Don't forget my suspect for the second Zeta.

And I would just like to point out that I never outright lied during the game. xD

Now, do your best to survive, you pathetic humans. I was the one who advocated working together to eliminate the more dangerous threat.

Don't forget my suspect for the second Zeta.

As much as I've rolled my eyes at this(since she thinks it's either me or Rose), it's made me wonder. Wasn't it stated before that the Zeta's roles were more complicated than just killing everyone?

Does that include each other? o.o

Why don't you just ask what you want to know earthling. I might reward you with a glimmer of intel before I end your existence. What makes you think voting will be enough to stop an assassin who has thwarted your previous attempts with ease.

You all seem to think I resurrected. The truth is I never died.

You know...maybe we should let Kyo talk. At least this round. He may give us good info that could aid us. I won't retract my vote unless others are willing to do the same.