TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

Rose, he has the entire round to talk all he wants. Why would we wanna let him live for a Night Phase, when his actions seem most powerful?

Kyo- I DID ASK X.X Do you all have to kill each other, too, or just everything not-Zeta? And how did you not die?(That line though... I am using that line.)

If Kyo is all we're going for and he's anything like Sean(can vote but not shoot; we dunno which would work on Kyo this time) why not some shoot and some vote? o.o

Still keeping eyes on West....

*post-mortem rolling in grave*

(Apparently we were supposed to know that throwing Zetas out of the airlock isn't enough. We can add 'Can survive in a vacuum' to the Zeta's impressively long list of abilities. T.T)

Right?? I even went back to look at details of how Kyo died to try to figure out why and found no story or hints or anything x.x Could try drowning... or stabbing... with a gun... since that's all we have...

You know what would be cool?! If someone had a skill that would kill them and someone of their choice :O Like an honorable suicide. Psh.

"Who are talking to?"

My bloody self, okay?!

*Ahem* I think I'm a little bloodier than you. >.> (don't mind the dead guy though)

3 people like this

During the Night, just before you are about to go to sleep, a shadowy figure jumped out from behind a rock, warpblades flashing dangerously in the dark! You put up a valiant struggle, but he still manages to inflict several cuts and wounds on your arms and body (3 damage). Fortunately, your armor was enough to resist the attempted murder, and you successfully fight the strange individual off. It was no human; what could have attacked you?

Only cause I fought harder <3 BATTLE SCARS BABY!

1 person likes this

No. Why would I kill my Zeta brethren? Perhaps you earthling pigs think it acceptable to murder your own kind but I can assure you that is not my directive.

As for how I survived? I posed as one of your own kind with ease. As I have already pointed out your kind are not strong enough to kill me with your usual methods. I even took out the monstrous Swarm Host because you fools did not execute it before it was too late. If I allow you to live then the rest of the universe will forever be cleaning up your mess.

You encroach in territory not your own. This is the price you will pay.

(sobbu i didn't even get to do anything evil as an Assimilated)

I'm amused at Kyo. His calling you Earthling pigs reminds me of when he played the Soviet Superspy and went around calling people capitalist pig dogs.

YOU JUST WANT TO CALL US PIGS, DON'T YOU?

Also, like the Zeta, the Swarm will -never- die, you hear me? If there ever is a Swarm Mystery 3, it'll be due to my vengeful feelings upon death at being revived only to die again! *cue foreshadowing*

And this also explains why we all keep mumbling in our graves.

2 people like this

I've got a feeling Kyo can't be voted off. Perhaps we should shoot him.

This is really getting ridiculous. People not dying, people who should die not dying *again*, and now people *supposedly* dying but *not*... It's ridiculous! I get that vanilla Mafia is boring, conceded, but when someone dies they should freaking die! Sure, "increased health when the Swarm Host mutates leads to him surviving shots", fine, I get it. "One-use trait to prevent someone from dying" (presumably), fine, I get it. But, firstly... when I even have to ask "Can a player be lynched?" there is a freaking issue. And when we're told that someone's dead, but he didn't die and continued taking night actions, with *no* way for us to know and *no* way of stopping him? What are we supposed to do? If we can't trust the host's information, what can we do?

Regardless. We off Kyo and upgrade our health tonight; everyone who's capable protects themselves/someone else. We count the number of Zeta attacks the next day. If you want to be doubly certain, we'll shoot him *and* vote him off.

I consider that there are a number of possible scenarios. The first is as follows: Total 2 Zeta; Kyo's 'death' gave the other Zeta access to a one-use double strike the next night - this explains the lack of one Zeta Attack last night (that we know of). Unlikely, I think. If this is the case, then someone will die from a six-damage Zeta Doublestrike the next night (because Kyo died again), leaving us at 1/5. At this point, we assume that there are 2 Zeta and lynch someone (probably DG, I'll expound on my suspicions soon). If we hit the Zeta, we win. If not, we're at 1/4, but the Zeta can't kill anyone more due to lack of double strikes and we stall the game to Day 8 to win.

The second is as follows: Total 3 Zeta, Kyo couldn't take Night Actions while he was dead, and one of the Zeta spent their Night Action last night reviving him (again accounting for the shortage of one Zeta attack last night). We still off Kyo, and someone dies from a six-damage Zeta Doublestrike also, leaving us at 2/5. We assume that there are 2 Zeta and lynch someone (again, probably DG) (1/4). The remaining Zeta can't kill anyone at night, so we stall to win. If we miss the Zeta, we lose.

The third is as follows: Total 2 Zeta, Kyo never died and continued taking night actions; one of the Zeta sent a message to the other last night or something outlining their gameplan or how to kill people or *something*. We off Kyo anyway, leaving us at 1/6. The last Zeta can't kill anyone. We stall to win. Assuming Kyo fails to get offed by lynch, leaving us at 2/7, someone dies to a Zeta doublestrike (2/6), then we shoot him dead since apparently lynching doesn't work (1/5). Then we stall to win.  If even *that* fails, and someone *else* dies (2/5), then we try to off him by *both* shooting *and* lynching in the same day (1/4), and the fact that I have to even go this far should tell you that something's wrong. *Then* we stall to win.

Of course there's one more, and that's "Kyo is lynched (again) but doesn't die (again) and we're unable to stop the Zeta from doublestriking everyone to death due to an inability to take action against Kyo".

Now, on to the last issue - that's Lt. Gate, by the way, you're an issue, congratulations. I suspect that he's the last Zeta. Firstly, there's the broken gun that he said was his first trait - and of course we can't help but draw parallels to Kyo's Broken Armor trait. But that's one thing, what's the other?

Well, he used Commanding Voice to order Seanzilla to shoot Alisyn. Recall that Aly outright said "thank goodness I upgraded my armor last night, or I'd have died" (not a direct quote, but I'm certain you all recall her saying something to that effect - tells us that she had 4 health. At the time, it was outright stated in the first post that "Health is restored at the end of every Day Phase", making no mention of "Health is restored at the end of every Night Phase" (which was the case as well - we only know this because I asked to clarify).

Now, put the puzzle pieces together - Aly has four health and is Zetabladed to one. We don't know that her health was replenished. DG, whose gun is claimed to be broken and presumably incapable of shooting, orders Seanzilla to shoot her.

It's like Eth. We don't have any solid evidence - but the circumstantial evidence is quite damning. Of course, this only matters if there are two Zeta attacks tomorrow night - then we probably want to lynch DG the next day phase. I've outlined the possible situations above - Soldiers win unless 1) we can't stop Kyo by killing him or 2) there are 3 Zeta, and we miss the lynch tomorrow.

3 people like this

This is really getting ridiculous. People not dying, people who should die not dying *again*, and now people *supposedly* dying but *not*... It's ridiculous! I get that vanilla Mafia is boring, conceded, but when someone dies they should freaking die! Sure, "increased health when the Swarm Host mutates leads to him surviving shots", fine, I get it. "One-use trait to prevent someone from dying" (presumably), fine, I get it. But, firstly... when I even have to ask "Can a player be lynched?" there is a freaking issue. And when we're told that someone's dead, but he didn't die and continued taking night actions, with *no* way for us to know and *no* way of stopping him? What are we supposed to do? If we can't trust the host's information, what can we do?

This is the reason why I gave people so many instant-kill abilities, as well as the reason for the entire Shoot system instead of just using the standard Vote system alone. :P And the Zeta are supposed to have the most interesting Traits, anyway.

I say we make both our votes and our shots on Kyo tonight(to ensure he goes down). We don't want to lose soldiers by mis-attacking. Numbers are something we need to keep on our side. I have an idea that may help us in narrowing who the Zeta may be.

Ok...maybe x.x maybe not...but we don't know their powers and we really don't need to be killing unless we are absolutely certain. If no Zeta make a mistake and really can't kill during the night because of our health, now, we will wait it out until Day 8, I guess.

I keep telling you guys. I didn't die in the first place. I merely let you think that was the case.

Edit: I'll be nice and make this clear. I continued to use night actions, because I did not die. Just think about it.

That's why we're rooting for you to die this time. And if voting and shooting won't do the job, I don't know what will.

A glowing sphere of sparkling energy begins to materialise around Major Kyoko, solidifying into something alien and otherworldly. It seems to be some sort of protection ability!

Um, well, never mind. I guess he's immune to shooting now.

I'm fairly sure there's 2 Zetas with Kyo's reveal. Him and the other Zeta have been consistently attacking after the first round -- if there were three, Kyo's original message might have said it was possible to take out three players simultaneously, considering 3 damage would have been enough to gib most of us in one hit on the first few rounds. Personally, I'm aiding with Soly on this one -- DG is kinda suspicious, with his strange actions and unsuccessful attempt to kill Alisyn. He should have aimed the shot at Ethereal, just in case Ethereal had more than 3 HP.

1 person likes this

This is the reason why I gave people so many instant-kill abilities, as well as the reason for the entire Shoot system instead of just using the standard Vote system alone. :P And the Zeta are supposed to have the most interesting Traits, anyway.

So this isn't actually Swarm Mystery. It should be renamed "Zeta Mystery", where the Swarm Host was just one of those pathetic bad guys the heroes defeat early in the show, only to make way for the true villains behind the scene all along.

Also er, I don't know about you, but none of the instant-kill abilities were used by soldiers. The only instant-kill I heard of was Seanzi when he instant-killed me.

1 person likes this

Some abilities are effectively instant kills, like Ice's 3 damage shot if used early in the game.

My GUNZERKER ability would instantly kill most players early on, too. It would have killed Sanzi, if not for Alisyn(?)'s meddling.

Trust me, there are a lot of insta-kill abilities among the Soldiers. It's just that nobody has used them yet.

The only instant-kill I heard of was Seanzi when he instant-killed me.

Best part of the game.

Um, well, never mind. I guess he's immune to shooting now.

I'm fairly sure there's 2 Zetas with Kyo's reveal. Him and the other Zeta have been consistently attacking after the first round -- if there were three, Kyo's original message might have said it was possible to take out three players simultaneously, considering 3 damage would have been enough to gib most of us in one hit on the first few rounds. Personally, I'm aiding with Soly on this one -- DG is kinda suspicious, with his strange actions and unsuccessful attempt to kill Alisyn. He should have aimed the shot at Ethereal, just in case Ethereal had more than 3 HP.

Noted. Give me time.

I'm voting for Demonic Gate. He's setting off alarm bells in my head.

I'm not sure if I've got enough firepower to take him down solo, and I'd rather not commit unless I know the rest of you are willing.

Or... ignore me. That's cool.

Why are we not voting off Kyo first?

I have an idea for Rose. I know this is stupid to say in a game like this but just trust me.

Well, I'm just suspecting that Kyo can't die this round now that he's got a sparkly magic barrier. But since you've got something up your sleeves, I guess I can afford to just vote for Kyo and hope for the best.

How long will your plan take? If it requires you to survive until the next round, that might be difficult, since you've made yourself a target for the Zeta.

1 person likes this

If Kyo goes down this round then that shouldn't be a problem.

Thing is, I'm suspecting he won't, thanks to the Sparkly Magic Barrier.