TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

...Attacking me, are you? Hahaha! Go right ahead.

Well I might as well attack somebody right?

The day draws to an end once more, and the remaining Human Soldiers close down upon Major Kyoko, who has revealed himself to be one of the Zeta. Cornered and left with no other option, he raises his warpblades to strike Solystice - but the Warrant Officer survives the blow! Kyoko is quickly gunned down by the rest of the Soldiers, as they successfully kill him this time.

His true traits have been revealed.

Major Kyoko - Tyskandar the Zeta Templar
Health: 5
Attack: 1

Soldier Traits

• Broken Armor - Your armor is broken. Unless you spend a Night Action to repair it, your Health level is at 1.
  • Smoke Grenades - You may use this any time during the Day Phase. If used, you become invulnerable from any attempts to Shoot you for the rest of the Day Phase. You cannot Shoot in the same turn you activate this skill. 2 Uses.
  • Comms Ally - Using the signal set you brought along, you are able to send up to 3 messages to any other player in the game. These messages are sent instantaneously, but if he doesn’t have a signal set, he cannot reply you immediately.

Zeta Traits

• Inumer - The ancient Zeta art of corruption and purification. You may activate this skill as a Night Action. Target 1 player. If he is Assimilated, he will revert back into a Soldier. If he is a Soldier, he will become Assimilated. If he is Immune, nothing happens. 1 Use.
  • Gunthrax - The ancient Zeta art of shielding and deflection. This skill creates a forcefield around you that prevents all incoming damage from Shooting in that Day Phase. However, this forcefield will be visible to other players. 2 Uses.
  • Fatalek - The ancient Zeta art of death and deception. When another player attempts to Shoot you, you may activate this skill to negate all damage you may take in this Day Phase and fake your death. While dead, you may re-activate this skill at any time to assassinate a target player instantly and re-appear in the game. However, your Zeta identity will be revealed when you do so. If you do not activate this ability within two Day Phases, you will re-appear without having killed anyone. 1 Use.

A sense of foreboding fills the atmosphere. It seems that the Soldiers are very close to achieving their goal... but their final obstacle will not be easy to overcome. Will they be able to succeed?

Current Status: ?/6 Zeta.

Participants:

Private Hastings

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Corporal Ice

Sergeant Ethereal

Master Sergeant Alisyn

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Lieutenant Gate

Captain Shadow

Major Kyoko

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Colonel bon00b

Brigadier-General Noia

NIGHT PHASE 4 [48 HOURS]

Fairly certain we voted him. We shot Sean. And I saved him. ;D

/looked through the thread again

Nobody attempted to shoot Kyo at all, so there was no way his third ability should have activated.

Eth at least convulsed. Why don't you take Alisyn, Rose, and I'll take Sean.

*pulls out rag with chloroform* Come here, Seanzy. I want a huuuug <3

Yeah, I was wondering about that, but it does us no good to complain or anything. Let's just push on and get off this... planet, I guess.

I copied the wrong version of Kyo's third ability. It activates upon threat of death, not upon Shooting, sorry.

Light dawns upon the ragtag remainder of the elite squadron, as they look upon each other with a sense of finality. It would seem that the fate of the game will be decided in this turn! Finally, all the efforts of the Soldiers shall come to fruition! Will they be able to pull off this final push to victory?

Brigadier-General Noia was killed by the Zeta!

Health: 5

Attack: 1

Soldier Traits

1. Overrule - If used in the Day Phase, you may veto any Vote that would have been passed or change its target to any player of your choice. 1 Use.

2. Classified Information - You know the identities of all players who are Immune to Assimilation. However, you cannot reveal this information to other players because it has been classified as Top Secret.

3. Undying Loyalty - If the Swarm Host attempts to Assimilate you, you will kill yourself before the Assimilation attempt succeeds.

Beware! Although victory is at hand, things may not be as simple as they seem!

Current Status: ?/5 Zeta.

Participants:

Private Hastings

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Corporal Ice

Sergeant Ethereal

Master Sergeant Alisyn

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Lieutenant Gate

Captain Shadow

Major Kyoko

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Colonel bon00b

Brigadier-General Noia

DAY PHASE 5 [48 HOURS]

If there is only one Zeta left then how did they kill someone with 5 health?

Either a special power or there is 2 Zeta left.

On the bright and more helpful side, I have identified one Zeta. Rose is a confirmed Zeta. I vote to exterminate Rose.

Bah, tried to scan Noia. Didn't really work out, it seems?

How'd you figure it out anyway?

My plan went pretty well, to put it simply. If there is another Zeta wandering around, though, I'd rather not say what I did so they'll hopefully fall for the same trick.... I'm a bit of a one-trick pony anymore.

What were you wanting to scan Noia for? o.o

I was hoping to learn her traits and health and damage values, just in case it might yield something useful. I doubt even my upgraded scanner could pick out Zetas, but one of her traits might prove incriminating somehow.

I might shoot you if you don't have any more proof that he's the Zeta, Y'know. Since if Rose was the Zeta, it'd be kinda bizarre if he didn't target you right away, since you admitted your plan would fail if you were killed.

Proof, I can give. How I got it is what I'm refusing to tell.

DG is detected to be a Zeta!

His first Zeta trait:

Rasaghir - The ancient Zeta art of observation and inference. When the first Soldier is successfully Assimilated, you will gain knowledge of his identity.

(Dunno how to quote out of PMs)

And I do agree. I've no idea why I wasn't attacked last night. All I can think of is he(or they) were curious on what I claimed I could do.

Seems legit. I'll vote for him for now.

Exterminate DG

His first Zeta trait:

Rasaghir - The ancient Zeta art of observation and inference. When the first Soldier is successfully Assimilated, you will gain knowledge of his identity.

*groan from the grave*

*unable to facepalm due to decapitated state*

1 person likes this

I'm going to have to advocate thought, here. While I'm fairly certain DG is a Zeta, this is quite reminiscent of Eth's big reveal; we almost just followed him blindly and therefore almost lost then and there (until we decided to shoot him instead). Frankly I don't trust Ice completely, either - though I definitely trust her at least a slight more than DG.

Damn it! Why are there *two* Zeta left? And I'm quite certain there are two, just FYI - If there was just one, there would be kill troubles; Noia has five health. That, plus

Beware! Although victory is at hand, things may not be as simple as they seem!

...yeah, that set off alarm bells in my head. My guess is that the three screams in the OP were three Zeta, and the Swarm Host didn't get a scream because assimilation. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyo was lying about taking night actions to disguise the fact that there are three Zeta - because the win conditions I outlined yesterday mostly read "kill off all the Zeta but one, then stall the game and pray that we don't get *another* wrench thrown into the machine". I've had quite enough wrenches, thanks a lot.

If that's the case, then we're sitting at 2/5 Zeta, which means we need to proceed with extreme caution. Make the wrong move, and we're screwed. I'll concede that it's also possible that there's 1/5 Zeta, but with augmented killing ability - to make the game exciting or whatever (I would not be amused if this turned out to be the case).

I need to think, I need to reread the thread, and I need to sleep. Give me some time to do all that...

Let's give DG a chance to explain himself first.

Worst case scenario, we vote one off and shoot the other.

"Make the wrong move, and we're screwed."

That's pretty accurate to me. And I think I can honestly say that getting rid of me could be your wrong move. Unless someone else has methods of finding the Zeta...

Rose must go this Phase. And if you all start to believe I should go, as well, I will reveal what I'm hiding. However, don't take that lightly. If we have another Zeta, let's keep in mind they'll be reading it too and, just like with the Host, that WILL spell danger. So only ask me to reveal it if absolutely necessary. And I will ask that at least 2 people ask me to do so, neither of which may be Rose, in case there is another Zeta. That way, I can be certain at least one inquiry is from a soldier.

Though I'm really hoping you find it not necessary x.x

In the mean time, who else are we suspecting to be Zeta if there is another? I'll need a target for my skill.

I'm not a Zeta - so target Westie. If he's innocent, it's bon00b. If he's guilty, it's... well, him.

If you require nigh-conclusive proof that it's not me, just ask and I'm sure I can provide it from my mannerism throughout the thread.

Regardless. I'm not finished yet - just woke up. I still need to think and read the thread, neither of which I can do now. Apologies for the delays.

I've flipped through the thread once more. Ice, you're the second-most suspicious person left; DG I think is the most. Did anyone scan DG last night? I scanned Noia - kind of a waste, since she's, like, dead and all.

I'll need a little more time to reflect on my thoughts, but for now, Ice, I'd like to hear how you outed DG. DG, I also want to hear your defense.

It's kind of pointless saying this, but I'm not a Zeta. Of course I'd say that.

I'm not convinced there's another Zeta, since three Zetas a turn could potentially lay down up to three attacks, while we've only ever seen a maximum of two in a night. We'd be looking at a lot more dead bodies. What I'm more concerned about is if the one Zeta remaining can stave off defeat through other means -- since the Zeta are pretty blatant Protoss expies, I'd not be surprised if the Zeta have a mind-control ability of sorts, so one of us could be a Zeta stooge even if only one Zeta remains.

Also, don't shoot me, you're wasting bullets. I don't die easily.

It's not impossible for there to have been three Zeta - though now that I think about it, I'll concede that it's highly unlikely - it hinges on the assumption that Kyo wouldn't be able to take night actions, which I believe is likely to be false.

...I think Westie's right - perhaps there's only one Zeta left, but he can still kill things despite our increased health - I'm assuming that the Zeta Warpblade's 3 damage strike was changed to a generic Kill skill upon Kyo's death. It's not implausible, at the very least...

With that in mind - if there's only one Zeta left, we can safely off DG, and if he's a Soldier, we off Ice next Day Phase - unless she has a skill that prevents her from being voted off, like Kyo's skill prevented him from being shot. I'm thinking this is possible, at least. What do, what do... With five of us left we can't afford to off two people unless we're certain that it's either one of the two, or we lose straightaway. But if we off DG, and Ice turns out to have a skill that prevents her from being lynched, we're finished, too - 5 people, we lose DG and one more, becomes 3 people. Ice can't be lynched, but with just two people we'd be hard pressed to make up the damage to kill her - she probably has 5 health by now. Then she offs one more of us at night, and we're one-to-one, which means we're screwed.

I'm thinking everyone should upgrade their shot damage tonight. Unless I'm mistaken, most of us have left it at 1; we may need more damage before this thing ends.

All right. I'm not going to do anything quite yet - can't do the equation without all the variables. Ice, I want to hear how you came by your evidence (Westie, back me up on this?). DG, I want your defense.

*rolls eyes* you all couldn't be more wrong about me. Heh. The one game I'm actually a good guy, not Zeta and can't be assimilated, and I still can't get people off my back e.e and the only thing that's mostly frustrating is I've given you the answer that can win us the game possibly this phase and you all may not even take it. I know what Eth did with his change in his quoted message on Noia. That's why I included the trait. In fact, I could've included his health and attack but Taco forgot to send them and I've had to pester him(hehe)

By the way, his health is 5 and his attack is one so if he attacks during this phase, I wouldn't worry.

And you all can think I'm suspicious all you want. Get rid of Rose and we'll win and you'll see I am telling the truth. Besides, Sean is impatient to start his game xD

Since I have class now(and am late) I'll tell what it is so we can hopefully get this(since you think there's not another Zeta).

My third trait for the Host was I was immune but would appear assimilated so I could be a spy. When he died, it changes to help against Zeta. I can now scan and detect Zeta. Hence my message on Rose. You thought he was suspicious so I scanned him. Tada.(Now you see why I couldn't tell my third trait about the Host)

Got class. My vote stays on Rose. If you REALLY still don't believe me, I'll try to quote later on this evening(it's morning for me right now)

If there really is another Zeta... I blame you, Sol >.> though, clearly, I agree there's probably not.