TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

I'm also 'wasting' my next one, so whoever it is will have to wait an extra day phase!

Depending on your goal, they might have to wait more than that....

Recon says it's Lieutenant Gate, sir! But he has already tendered in advance notice that he'll be taking a smoke break.

Although I think that with all the smoke in here, he could have taken his smoke break right here. HAHAH!

If you have another smoke bomb it'll just take one more turn!

One more smoke bomb?

And why are you so intent on killing me? What good is that going to do anyone in this game?

EDIT: Alright, I reverse my 'aye' vote

And I vote to exterminate Sean.

I've no idea why you want to kill me but the soldiers need me. I have valuable information(which I cannot give right now because it would completely ruin the information's purpose) that the soldiers need. I think killing right now is very unwise but I'm not going to die just because I failed to act.

I admit there's something fishy going on with Lieutenant-Colonel Seanzilla, gentlemen, but I'm not completely sure if it's malevolent or benign yet. That said, since Corporal Ice is in no danger this Day Phase, I see no need for action and shall watch by the sidelines.

I find both Sean and Ice suspicious right now. Sean because he seems determined to shoot Ice, and Ice for this:

I've no idea why you want to kill me but the soldiers need me. I have valuable information(which I cannot give right now because it would completely ruin the information's purpose) that the soldiers need. I think killing right now is very unwise but I'm not going to die just because I failed to act.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it reminds me of Eth's stay-alive ploy from last time. And Ice's weird comments about Scientists.

Also wst for also shooting Ice. I figure people probably don't have a lot of health at this point, so concentrating fire on one person has a decent chance of killing them. Or maybe my character's just a weakling and skewing my perception of the average person's health.

Nothing concrete, though, and nothing strong enough for me to want to do anything to any of them yet.

Heh, even if I die at least something happened :D

All I ever wanted~

Yeah, I know. Me calling us Scientists rather than soldiers is so bad man. I mean, I really should know better than to make mistakes in titles. ESPECIALLY since this IS a Swarm game and last time we were Scientists. So stupid of me.

-.-

And I'm not arguing on the info. part cause we all know where that gets us. But this IS the first Day Phase with only one evil person right now. I have an 11/12 chance of being good. So that call is on you.

As for West... hahaha... the poor guy sent me a Skype message after he shot me saying he was sorry about shooting me. So either he didn't notice I'd already been shot or he expected me to be able to survive it. Dunno why, but ya. Since he was on his phone(right?) I'd say it was an honest mistake.

If you've paid any attention to my play style, I just talk. I talk and speculate and air my suspicions (which have been pretty close several times, if not spot on) and insist on my innocence while revealing a great amount of information about myself and my role. Unless I'm not innocent, in which case, thus far, I oust myself and sow confusion and discord in an attempt to divide the group into killing me or searching for unknown enemies as well as to make it harder to track down the mastermind. Given, it wasn't quite successful because subtlety isn't my strong point, but... /shrug

Like I said, there's nothing that makes me particularly suspicious of any of you. I just wanted to get my thoughts out there, as always.

Ice has retracted her 'Aye' vote, so not just yet. If nobody else votes for the rest of the day Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla will be exterminated. 8.5 hours left till the end of Day Phase 1.

Not that my Aye matters cause he said he won't skip forward now e.e

Mmm. Not wanting anyone killed yet, so I'll vote for Alisyn to tie it.

I hope we realize that, most likely, if Sean survives this phase that he will kill me next phase.

As for West... hahaha... the poor guy sent me a Skype message after he shot me saying he was sorry about shooting me. So either he didn't notice I'd already been shot or he expected me to be able to survive it. Dunno why, but ya. Since he was on his phone(right?) I'd say it was an honest mistake.

SO! It was an instance of negligent discharge! We should string up the fellow by the ankles and whip him! Bloody Lance-Corporal.

Two rounds around the planet, Lance-Corporal! NOW! *shrill whistle* PREE PREE PREEEEEEEE!!!

I hope we realize that, most likely, if Sean survives this phase that he will kill me next phase.

If he screws up, I'm certain the Brigadier General, being impartial to all, will demote him and execute him by shootin'. No worries, Corporal, your service to your nation will be remembered! Alternatively, you can upgrade your armor so that he can't shoot you dead, though of course he may have full-metal jacket (FMJ) rounds. Never underestimate a soldier's love for guns and customization!

45 minutes till the end of Day Phase 1. Currently, Brigadier-General Noia will be tracked and nobody will be exterminated.

Also, you guys probably already know this, but Human Night Actions like Scanning will also trigger the tracking alarm.

The first day draws to an end, with the unfortunate usage of Corporal Ice's Smoke Grenade as two of her squad mates attempted to murder her before any clues could be obtained. Will this self-destructive trend continue for the rest of the mission? Only time will tell. Tonight, the tracker has been set on Brigadier-General Noia, providing her a certain level of protection from the Swarm Host's malicious designs.

Darkness descends upon the group as night falls. (Please PM me your Night Actions! Even if you do not wish to take any action, tell me so as well.)

"..."

*radio static*

"...hear me?"

*more radio static*

"... repeat, this is Lieutenant-General Octavius from the Earth Alliance. If there are any members of Team Alpha still alive, hold your position. Teams Bravo and Charlie are currently on route to your last known location. Stay strong, soldiers. Help is on its way."

NIGHT PHASE 1 [48 HOURS]

As light pours into the cavern once more, everyone hears a beep from their heads-up display unit. It seems that the Assimilated counter has gone up by 1! Who could have joined the ranks of the Swarm last night?

Brigadier-General Noia was not targeted by any Night Actions last night.

Current Status: 2/12 Assimilated.

Participants:

Private Hastings

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl

Corporal Ice

Sergeant Ethereal

Master Sergeant Alisyn

First Warrant Officer Solystice

Lieutenant Gate

Captain Shadow

Major Kyoko

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla

Colonel bon00b

Brigadier-General Noia

DAY PHASE 2 [48 HOURS]

Hi hi, I just want to get this in before the shooting starts. Last night, I upgraded my scanner and Scanned Ice.

Ice is NOT Assimilated. Thus, if Sanzi keeps trying to shoot him, there are grounds for actually voting Sean off (or shooting him, I guess, but that seems more unreliable), unless he can provide evidence that Ice is the Host.

Ice is a lady corporal, ma'am.

Also, well, it's pretty obvious Corporal Ice isn't Assimilated, right? Since nobody would've been Assimilated on the first day.

That said, I believe soldier actions take place before Swarm actions, so Corporal Ice could still have been Assimilated after the Scan?

There may be some other deeper reason Lieutenant-Corporal Sanzi has for shooting Corporal Ice. That said, it looks like it was purely groundless, in which case it is indeed a nuisance, if you pardon my saying so, sir! Perhaps you should visit the military psychiatrist, though I'm not suggesting anything, sir!

Problem being that Swarm actions are AFTER Human actions. So your scanning her wouldn't reveal anything anyway, but nice try.

EDIT: Oh HH beat me to it.

Stalkers o.o

Anyway, I completely realized we didn't make any plans for that Night Phase. Did everyone scan someone?