TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what use scanning people is first Night phase; we probably all know at least one trait of someone else right now, but that's hardly all that useful in public.

I find knowing other people's traits is very useful. Not only do you know things before they're used or can use messages to collaborate plans but you can also use them to see if someone is lying.

Well, if you'd like, I can scan her again tonight? I don't know what her "important information" is, so I'd find that interesting to uncover, though from her first trait, she could be dangerous for her enemies. Just a tip to the wise, Sanzi. ^^

Though I'd imagine the second is the smoke bomb, which I'm not particularly interested in finding out since we've seen it already. :/

I think the best course of action would be for everyone to up their Scans to level 4 and keep Scanning people. Preferably the same consistent person so that we can get a full understanding of their traits and such. All the partner-swapping last time didn't strike me as particularly useful. :/

Nor did Sean talking to me since I'd revealed everything, but I appreciated it. xDD

1 person likes this

Yes'm, my 3rd trait is my secret.

And your comment to Sean made me laugh cause I actually played that out in my head and it was hilarious. Though I hope I don't waste it but still :3

Well, if you'd like, I can scan her again tonight? I don't know what her "important information" is, so I'd find that interesting to uncover, though from her first trait, she could be dangerous for her enemies. Just a tip to the wise, Sanzi. ^^

Though I'd imagine the second is the smoke bomb, which I'm not particularly interested in finding out since we've seen it already. :/

I think the best course of action would be for everyone to up their Scans to level 4 and keep Scanning people. Preferably the same consistent person so that we can get a full understanding of their traits and such. All the partner-swapping last time didn't strike me as particularly useful. :/

Nor did Sean talking to me since I'd revealed everything, but I appreciated it. xDD

Not too useful a course of action, IMO. People get assimilated; it's easy enough to lie and say you scanned whoever and that they aren't the Swarm Host.

Do you have a better idea, Sol? Cause right now,with so few assimilated, I vote for Alisyn's idea unless someone can think of something better.

I appreciate you stating your opinion, Sol, but I think it doesn't matter unless you state a better solution, too. Inavtion will kill us.

You talking bout the 3 damage shot? Don't really care bout it

Did anyone NOT scan me last night?! D:<

Thanks for telling everyone though, Sean. Real nice. Jeeze, I want you dead.

Well, yes, people lie. But lies fall apart with enough pressure. If someone covers for the Host and we catch them, then it's only a short hop to the Host.

Pfffft. You can try, Ice. xDD

I also thought it would be hilarious. If a waste, because I don't think you, Sean, or wst is suspicious enough to merit killing just yet.

Everything always escalates quickly when you're involved, Sanzi. Because you're so sexy and desirable.

This is going to be a long day phase. :3

I don't think Sean is suspicious at all. But I do think he is a threat to me. Clearly. Shooting me, telling my skills. If he finds my last trait and tells it, then my information will completely useless. And that is my biggest worry right now. Why he's purposefully screwing me up, I don't know, but it's getting close to ruining stuff.

Sirs and madams, we don't all have to specify who we'll be scanning! In fact, we should have a few of us NOT disclose who we're scanning so we keep the Swarm Host uncertain. But it's good for us to know who are the ones who're gonna to be scanned by at least one person for subsequent nights, so that we prioritize scanning someone else.

I scanned Master Sergeant Alisyn last night, for the record. It's good for us if she decides to reveal and start using her trait immediately, but I'll leave that decision for her to make.

Fuck you, Eth. I didn't want to reveal my first trait because it's suspicious as all hell after HH's stunt last time. And there's nobody I'd want to use it on yet--I wanted to wait to reveal until there were a few more Assimilated so I had a better chance at getting a hit and tracking it back to their partners/the Host.

But since he's decided to reveal me and I suck at lying, this is my first trait:

1. Inspect - You may inspect a target player as a free Day Phase action. This will inform you of his current health and attack values, as well as whether he has been Assimilated. The target player must agree to let you inspect him.

I will say, though, that I don't have the ability to kill people who I've Inspected, unlike HH, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it until someone can Scan me further if y'all don't trust me. I don't want to reveal my other two just yet because they're useful (imo) for keeping soldiers alive--especially at least one innocent one--and don't want the Host to know about them.

If anyone has an idea of who to use my Trait on, lemme know. I figure I might go after Ice, Sean, wst, or Eth.

Fuck you, Eth. I didn't want to reveal my first trait because it's suspicious as all hell after HH's stunt last time. And there's nobody I'd want to use it on yet--I wanted to wait to reveal until there were a few more Assimilated so I had a better chance at getting a hit and tracking it back to their partners/the Host.

With all due respect, Master Sergeant Alisyn, I figured no one else can get away with pulling that off after the Medic did it last time! Besides, I doubt if you are an exact clone of the Medic from that first time.

Just come right out and use it. The previous expedition nearly cornered the Swarm Host because people came out with their abilities. The Psychic even forced the Swarm Host to intervene and potentially reveal herself! To echo what has already been said several times before (including the previous games), inactivity does us no good.

Speaking of inactivity, my trigger finger twitches! Must… control! *flexes*

DkauE8C.jpg

Well. I'm not picking Sean. Unless it's a double bluff and he is guilty but throwing off suspicion by volunteering.

Sean has asked to be tracked and daytime scanned so clearly he wants to either prove his innocence or he's bluffing. Personally I think he is capable of either. We dont have anyone else offering themself up so ill vote to track Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla and ill edit in the blue when I get home.

Being tracked is more of a protective measure than one that proves someone's guilt. If anything you shouldn't track someone who you suspect.

Hmm fair point. In all honesty im just trying to promote doing...well...something other than debating who is suspicious. We should instead take action if only because its more fun.

We should instead take action if only because its more fun.

Does that mean I can shoot Ice again :D

I never had an issue with you shooting ice in the first place.

You're the best! I'll talk to Noia about getting you a promotion.