TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

So, HH. How good are your traits? Worth dying for and using Alisyn's only revival? Or bad enough to lose and stay in the game?

Only for the next Day Phase, though. The way Sean phrased it, it sounded permanent.

So unless Ice or HH has something critically useful.... I don't see any reason to obey the order.

Though I'm still worrying about the possibility of a faux-Assimilated kill by the Swarm. Though, if that happened, the Assimilated number would drop, right?

So actually, yeah. Would prefer not to use it if possible.

To clarify: Ice and HH will lose their Traits for Night Phase 2 and Day Phase 3. They can use their Traits from Night Phase 3 onwards.

HH, can you go without your traits for 1 day phase?

I can't. I have a feeling I was put in his orders for a reason and I can't ignore this order. But if HH can, then she won't die.

So then. Ice and HH. Are your Traits so vitally important that it's worth spending my resuscitation on HH? Or can you go a cycle without them?

And Ice. That's assuming she has more than 2 health. Sean might just be using his power to throw as much firepower at HH as he can in the hopes that she'll die. As far as I'm aware, unless he has a Trait that allows him to Scan more than one person in a night or gather information about them in another way, he used his Scan on you yesterday to discover your three-damage shot, so he doesn't know how much health HH has.

I'll vote to kill Sean since he is a sure thing. However I have another theory behind Sean being shown as assimilated. I think while a bluff gone wrong is still on the table, the sudden jump in assimilated suggests to me that someone else assimilated Sean so that his scan would show him as such, and people would obviously take him down. Clearly Sean should be killed now, but it's important we keep in mind the reason why. Someone saw an opportunity arise and decided to take Sean down by using a trait to assimilate him. I can only assume this is the ability of another assimilated, or indeed the swarm host. Perhaps Alisyn orchestrated this all herself to solidify our trust in her. Or perhaps Ice has done this and Sean was right to shoot her all along. Actually it could have been anyone, I don't doubt that any person among us wouldn't have saw opportunity to do such a thing if they had such an ability.

But I digress. Pointing fingers at Alisyn or Ice isn't my intention, I was merely musing. In truth even if we kill Sean now as is logical, we have lost a day to take action, I believe he was the one who was most recently assimilated, something done purposefully to trim the herd and increase the amount of assimilated, as with Sean's death another assimilated will surely pop up tonight. At this stage, for what it's worth, I'm going to say aye to moving on and killing Sean. I'd feel bad but now that he. Is assimilated the Sanzi I know is gone, so I will feel no remorse in killing the thing inhabiting his body.

So here is something to ponder as well. Was sean searched before or after the pinf for a new person? The way he was acting could mean that he was assimilated at night. It really seemed like he planned to use those skills already. But then who is the new person? Track Alysin

EDIT: It seems kyo already beat me to the speculation, though we seem to have different takes on it. Either way, I agree with taking down sean. Nothing personal buddy, but I like my body swarm free. Vote Sean 

I don't think it's the Host, unless it has a Trait that allows Assimilation during the Day Phase? Kinda weird that it's only showing up now rather than last day phase... unless whoever was Assimilated last night has the ability to Assimilate during the day. Which means we're in double trouble because we could potentially be losing the game twice as fast with an Assimilation at night and during the day.

I'd suspect the day-Assimilation has limitations, though. Otherwise, the game is stacked too heavily against the Scientists.

My pet theory is that Sean was Assimilated and has an ability to Assimilate another when certain parameters are met. And that was met somehow when I Investigated him.

It wouldn't make sense for an Assimilated with the ability to Assimilate another to do it to someone I was about to Investigate. Better to Assimilate someone else to grow their numbers instead of immediately having them thinned when I got my results. :/

So here is something to ponder as well. Was sean searched before or after the pinf for a new person? The way he was acting could mean that he was assimilated at night. It really seemed like he planned to use those skills already. But then who is the new person? Track Alysin

Why would Sean ask for someone to reveal him and then use his ability? If he were assimilated from the beginning and went with this tactic it would have been just as well to just come out guns blazing and force people's hand like he is doing now. There was no need for him to ask to be scanned. The shift in assimilated happened right before he was scanned. It's clear the swarm host has decided to take Sean out and also spoil Alisyn's useful trait, and successfully covered his/her tracks.

( also bed time for me now so I'm going to be out of this conversation now. I'll check up when I wake up.)

The ping happened before Alisyn searched Sanzilla.

I would assume that Sean asked to be Investigated as a bluff, which almost worked. I was tempted to not Investigate him since he was the first one to volunteer for it, which, to me, was something that innocent people would jump at faster than Assimilated, unless it was a bluff. But I had nothing else to go off of, so I figured I'd check him out. :/

Like I said, the day-Assimilation trait must have limitations. Maybe he asked to be Investigated because that was a condition for its use, and he figured that his traits weren't as useful to the Swarm Host as someone else's might possibly be. And if I decided not to Investigate him, then he could continue to lurk as an Assimilated. It's how I might play in that situation, but maybe that's just me. :/

I really don't think the Host is responsible for the third Assimilation, and anyways, it wouldn't make sense to Assimilate Sean so he'd be guilty when I Investigated him instead of someone else we had to guess at. So by Occam's Razor, Sean was Assimilated last night and passed it on before I could oust him.

Meaning no disrespect to anyone, but I refuse to follow Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzi's order.

I too vote for Seanzi to be eliminated.

Is there a possibility that Seanzi has an Assimilated ability that allows him to convert whoever does an action on him in the Day Phase? It seems more logical than being able to randomly Assimilate someone. Though of course Major Kyoko's theory sounds the likeliest right now. However, if my theory is correct, then Master Sergeant Alisyn herself is suspicious. I Scanned Seanzi last Night Phase and found that he has a Trait to communicate with a person up to 3 times in the Day Phase, and the messages are sent instantaneously. He could very well send a message to Alisyn instructing her what to do.

That, and we're relying quite heavily on Alisyn to be trustworthy enough to resuscitate anyone.

Therefore rather than Tracking Alisyn, I propose that some people Scan her during the Night Phase to ascertain that the procedure just now hasn't left her already Assimilated.

Following which, did Alisyn say correctly? Ice has a 3-damage kill? This means instant death for me then, doesn't it?

I don't know your health point level, HH. But I don't suppose it matters cause I refuse to shoot you. I ran across some new information(cannot be shared) and it seems I can handle keeping my gun from firing. In fact, I vote for Sean to be killed. .

Playing into their palms or not, if I have to make a mistake, I want it to be one that can be easily fixed later on.

Besides. When has Corporal Ice listened to enemy's orders? I make my own orders, infidel!

I definitely don't have more than 3 life. *shifty eyes* but thank you so much, Corporal Ice! I owe my life to you, truly!

That said, does anyone think Scanning Alisyn during the Night Phase is a good idea? If so, we should Track someone else.

Hmmm. Do what needs to be done.

With that said, I still gotta perform my duties.

Shooting Ethereal.

B)

Well, I can't argue with the masses. If you would rather track someone else, I say Ice or HH. They were both targets today by the swarm it seems. Give them some protection if we intend on scanning Alysin. Though who scans Alysin?

I got your back! Until you get assimilated. Then I'm shooting you in the back. But it will be for you! I could not have you live such a life....

And yeah, I agree. Someone with a higher scanner. Who has one? So we can know if she's alien....

Who to protect then?

My Scanner's at Level 2. I can upgrade it again this Night Phase before Scanning Alisyn. In that case perhaps i should be Tracked indeed, so that i wouldn't be Assimilated.

I vote for myself to be Tracked.

EDIT: However, there is also the event that i may get Murdered this Night Phase, which Tracking can't prevent. Just in case, may i suggest that at least 2 other people also Scan Alisyn? That way if 1 of them is the Swarm Host, we still have 1 other person as backup. XD

I vote for HH to be tracked.

I also want someone to scan HH to ensure she isn't assimilated, assuming someone is that far on their scanner.

Edited by Ice

By the way i edited my previous post. I think that plan would cover all the bases.

1 person likes this

Sorry Alysin. I retract my vote on Alysin and vote to track HH

Continue to execute Sean.

Instructed me.... to oust him? Because Time said that the third Assimilation came before my Investigation, otherwise I'd have no problem with your theory, HH. I definitely think he's capable of Assimilation somehow, but unless/until we get more information on his Traits, we won't know the exact requirements/specifications/whatever.

And the three-damage kill isn't a threat to you, HH, unless Ice wants it to be.

Though I find Ice's constantly gathering of important, unsharable-information to be rather strange, tbh. Just voicing a concern, though I understand I'm apparently the most suspicious at the moment. >.>

If you do suspect me, you can Scan me. It would be rather foolish of me to oust my own ally, though, since there's a 10/12 chance that whoever I selected would have been innocent/undetectable (I can only find Assimilated, not the Swarm Host, through Investigation) and I could have bluffed that Sean was innocent if I had been Assimilated by him before Investigating him.

Switching my Track vote to HerculeHastings.

It's still possible that the Assimilation happens before the Investigation. That way, you can choose whether to reveal the correct prognosis or not.

And perhaps it was a wise choice to reveal him as guilty. If someone else found him guilty later you might be implicated.

I agree that this is a stretch, but it seems likelier than the Host being able to Assimilate people in the day. And Major Kyoko's theory, although plausible, doesn't give us any leads to take action on.

EDIT: Also you can detect Assimilated at Level 2. This means anyone can upgrade their Scanner this Night Phase and then Scan Alisyn.

*blinks* If you haven't noticed, Alisyn, my style of playing games is being an information-seeker. Well, one of my styles, at least. I can't deny that I'm being strange or that the information I hold is so strangely important that it can't be told. But I can say that I am giving up my traits for a full Night and Day Phase for someone we are strongly assured is not infected and seems to be assumed by the Assimilated to be strong. And I can also say that I can tell what this valuable information is, but only to people who are guaranteed to be immune to the Swarm. I'd hate for this information to get into the wrong hands.

So whoever wants to prove to me they can be trusted can know it. And it seems our luck is running out. Only half of us are immune to this alien and it seems every option the Host has chosen to assimilate has not been immune. Either the Host is really lucky or they know more than I do....

So, who else is scanning Alisyn?

Edited by Ice

Well. I have no clue who sent this and how true it is, but it's certainly plausible, given the unused role in the last Swarm Mystery. And the use of third-party Akuma in the other game.

hello. congratulations for identifying one of the swarm. a little too easy, isn't it? i have some bad news for you though. i am privvy to the knowledge that there is a third category of lifeforms present here with us: the zeta. they are assassins sent from a spacefaring race to eliminate both sides of the conflict - that means us humans and the swarm.

ready for worse? i've picked up their communications and you've just been marked for death tonight. the only way to try and save yourself now is to kill one of them before nightfall. the zeta i've identified is Kyo, and his codeword was "I digress".

i am hiding my identify because i would prefer not to die before i locate the other zeta. i also have no wish to be assimilated.

trust me or not, it is your life to gamble with.

This additional evidence was provided to me by my mysterious messenger, supposedly picked up through a Trait:

If we focus our warpblade attacks on people who don't have the tracker on each night, we'll easily be able to pick people off one by one. Or if deadly enough, two at a time.

If your night actions are the same as mine then if we can collaborate we can strike down any player during the night, since we can do 6 damage with two zeta war blade strikes. Keep an eye on the day phase chats. If I use the term "I digress" then this means I will attack the first person I mention after this phrase is said in the same post on that night phase. If you have reason for me to hold back on doing that or you disagree then use the phrase "correct me if I'm wrong" to signal for me to hold off on the attack. If you want to message me similar codes this will help us communicate simple messages without wasting night actions.

If you refer to the thread, you will see that Kyo is the second Zeta and he has activated his intent to kill you next Night phase.

But I digress. Pointing fingers at Alisyn or Ice isn't my intention,

As such, I'd like to switch my kill vote to Kyo in the interests of preserving my own life to continue assisting the Soldiers. If these Zetas exist, it's possible that they're manipulating us behind the scenes and altering people's "Assimilated" statuses, which could explain the sudden increase in Assimilated. It's certainly a set-up, not by me, but by Kyo. Upon my announcing my intention to Investigate Sean, he chose to change Sean's Assimilation status so that I would find him Assimilated. Which he then used in his ridiculous ploy to throw suspicion on me to get me killed when I revealed Sean's Assimilation. If it's true, maybe killing him will reset Sean to friendly, non-Assimilated.

While I certainly would like to off Sean during this phase, I feel that setting aside our differences to root out and destroy this third party is a more pressing matter at time. If we take the information I was given to be true, they can "easily pick people off one by one... or two at a time."

Of course, given Sean's first Trait revealed by HH, this could be an elaborate ploy to keep himself alive... but kudos to him for all these details, then. It's certainly convincing to me.

/also trying to remember who I suspected for me to be a danger that they'd want to kill me. Ice, Sean, Wst, and Eth were the only ones I named. So it's likely that one of them is the other Zeta. Well, not Sean. xD