TriOctium

Swarm Mystery II: The Reckoning [SOLDIERS WIN!]

665 posts in this topic

Guys, please remember that scanning someone activates the tracking, there's no point in tracking someone then scanning them at night. We should track the units that we *don't* need to scan.

If the Zeta are "assassins sent from a spacefaring race to eliminate both the humans and the swarm", it makes little sense for them to be capable of assimilation. Instead, I think it's more likely that the Swarm Host, or one of the assimilated, is capable of assimilation during the day - I'd guess it's a one-use; it'd be far too powerful otherwise. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it wasn't Seanzilla's ability - well, I wouldn't say "go out on a limb", because my trait told me that Seanzilla was assimilated during the day, when the assimilation counter ticked up to 3/12 (cut me some slack, I was offline).

With a beep, everyone looks down at their display sets. The number of Assimilated Soldiers has risen by 1! What could have happened?

The Inspection details has been sent to Alisyn.

Assimilated: 3/12

Yeah, that was Sanzi.

If the Zetas deal 3 damage per attack, that makes them quite a threat, especially early game when people have little health. Aly's story is more than plausible; I suspect she's telling the truth with her given information. That being the case... I concur with Aly; vote to kill Kyo.

We've still got a day to figure out who to track; for now, I won't vote to track.

Thanks for the info, Sol. It's really helpful. And more confusing.

I've essentially ruled out the Host as being able to Assimilate during the day because that's ridiculously implausible.

If Sean was Assimilated during the day, that means that either the first Assimilated got to him--which again, makes no sense if I was going to Investigate him since that's just throwing an ally to the wolves--or someone else did. Soon after I revealed Sean's status, Kyo started jumping down my throat; to me, with this info about Zetas, it sounds like a set-up. If the Zetas are just out to kill us all, they don't care if we're Assimilated or not, and since they're apparently a superior life-form, what's stopping them from spreading Assimilation to stir up confusion? Assimilation seems like a parasite, so if they're carrying it, it can't be that hard to spread if they feel like it.

I say kill Kyo tonight, hope my informant finds more information tomorrow. If so, kill the second Zeta tomorrow. If not, kill Sean.

And anyone with 3 or less health upgrade your armor so the Zeta can't kill you single-handedly. This includes me. >.>

ETA: Actually, killing Sean tomorrow sounds like a good idea, after we kill Kyo tonight. We have to balance the Host and the Zetas. With only one Zeta, we'll be relatively safer, especially if we can all get our health to 4+, but spending a turn to kill the second Zeta would let the Host build up its forces.

As mentioned above, I suspect the second Zeta to be Ice, Wst, or Eth, since I was suspecting them before Kyo tried to set me up.

Since we have two threats present, I propose attempting to get rid of both at a time, instead of solely focusing on one. A little help here -- I likely can't take him down on my own.

OPEN FIRE ON SANZI. TWICE.

Sol, that's why we changed to wanting everyone to scan Alisyn, to ensure she's not infected.

Let's see. Let me think aloud here, for a moment. Why did we just get this information now? Someone doesn't want Sean dead. Simple. Do I think the person who sent this message was absolutely human? No. There's no guarantee. Do I believe this message to be authentic? Yes. Even I got a little caught off guard when I was regularly reading Kyo's post and read "I digress". At first, I was like, 'nah, he's just being fancy little Kyo'. Now, I'm sure he's a 'zeta'. Have I scanned through messages after that looking for the "correct me if I'm wrong" line? Yes. So don't waste your time repeating my work.

I did not find that line spoken, but HH had quite a few lines containing the word 'correct' and one that was dangerously close to the code-line. Could they have sent out another message changing the backout? Not risking it, but let's keep in mind there could have been messages following this one.

But, look. And please listen, here. Why are we forgetting we can get rid of 2 people in one Day Phase, now? We don't have to choose between them. But this will take some cooperation.(I just got updated that West just realized this too, but I'm not gonna stop my train of thought). All Kyo needs is a majority vote. Everyone back out of your votes on Sean and vote for Kyo(cause he is more likely to be stronger than Sean thus harder to shoot down). Those who do not vote(and remember we just need one vote going for Kyo and no other votes for anyone else and he's gone. Though I suggest 2 or 3 votes to be safe) need to shoot Sean. I will go back through and count all shots fired so we all know where our shooters stand(since they can't switch or remove shots). I will also go and count the votes cast, to ensure everyone knows where the votes are and who needs to back out and who needs to switch.

I made sure to vote for Sean rather than shoot for this very reason. I can now change my Day action.

And one more statement. Noia. Read her post only post this phase in this new light. Her only post.

I will edit this post with my new actions and the tallys of others.

I do apologize if it seems I'm trying to 'take charge'. But I am a Corporal. It is my job to solve new problems to protect my team. And I need all my soldiers moving with their orders! Now! Go! Go! Go!

I suspect you may be the second Zeta, wst, so forgive me if I don't withdraw my vote from Kyo so he can survive to kill me with you. Like I said, I want to get rid of Sean too, but I'd rather save my own skin in the immediate future first.

Though Ice and Eth are still under suspicion by me, personally. Ice more than Eth for her "I'm unable to reveal my third trait." Possibly because it's a Zeta blade?

That explains why we heard three screams at the prologue. I'll buy that story. Vote to direct the Killeidoscope at Kyo. I'll switch to shooting Seanziila if it looks like 2 votes will be enough.

Can someone keep track of who's voted to track who? I'd activate the Analysis Nexus, but I need to crash soon.

Target Tracking Data (TTD)

Private Hastings voted for 

Lance-Corporal Wstfgl voted for 

Corporal Ice voted for

Sergeant Ethereal voted for 

Master Sergeant Alisyn voted for 

First Warrant Officer Solystice voted for

Lieutenant Gate voted for 

Captain Shadow voted for 

Major Kyoko voted for 

Lieutenant-Colonel Sanzilla voted for 

Colonel bon00b voted for 

Brigadier-General Noia voted for 

. . . The prologue isn't just flavor text?

I voted to track HH. As did several others. So she could Scan me. ^^

Alisyn, were you not listening? Or did you just ignore my and West's posts? >.> We can VOTE Kyo off and the others can SHOOT Sean off.

Yes, but I'm not changing my vote to shoot Sean, no matter how "suspicious" you Zeta-guys are going to make me out to be for not killing an Assimilated. I strongly believe Kyo is after my life, so I'm moving to kill him and keep myself alive in the short term. If you shoot, you can't vote.

How dare you not listen  to, Ice!? She is two ranks below you! Surely you understand that you have to comply with her every whim.

I vote you guys leave me alone and kill Ice instead.

Please pay attention....a group will shoot Sean. A group will vote kyo. Kills both in one phase.

I got that. I'm staying in the kill-Kyo group. That's all I'm saying.

And Ice, you're on the top of my list of suspicious characters that I'd like to kill next. So yeah. Not really listening to you.

Not listening to you either, you heartbreaker. :'(

Was just wondering, cause a lot of people seem to get thrown under.

Is that supposed to mean something? You're Assimilated, Kyo is a Zeta. I will gladly grind Kyo's face into the mud under a bus with his other Zeta-friend.

Don't remember mentioning anyone specific. Are you a Zeta, Alisyn? :o :O :O :O

Misunderstanding, then, I guess. I thought you were telling everyone to vote Kyo and no one shoot Sean, which didn't make sense. Sorry, then. Here is a count, so we can know how everything evens up:

Alright, I think I have the count(only went back to page 7 or 8, so leme know if I missed stuff)

Shots fired

West shot Sean-twice? >.>

Noia shot Eth....again....as her only post....along with a code-message to the zeta?

Kill Votes

Sol to kill Kyo

Alisyn to kill Kyo

Shadow votes to kill Sean(will this change? If it changes to Kyo, the votes will be fine and Eth should change to shooting Sean. I will also change from voting to shooting Sean)

Kyo votes to kill Sean

Tracking Votes

Alisyn votes to track HH

Shadow-HH

Ice-HH

And I just read your message on wanting to kill me next, Alisyn. Not that I'm surprised, you always wanna kill me. Like. In every game >.> What has you feeling I'm suspicious this time? Besides my hidden information(which I've already said, I will reveal to anyone proven trustworthy). No, I will not just reveal it to you to ease your suspicions. I don't trust you. You've acted a tad fishy this phase. And like I said. If this information gets in the wrong hands, it's done for. But if you want some easing, Alisyn... I can guarantee you I am someone the soldiers need. Give me a proven trustworthy and I'll show you.

FUCK. I just realized.

Sean was totally gunning for Ice in the first round. Now he's miraculously been turned into an Assimilated during the day when I've just happened to choose to Investigate him?

Now I'm convinced of two things:

1. Ice is the second Zeta.

2. The Zetas can change people's statuses to Assimilated.

They're framing/setting up everyone who's suspected them. First Sean, then me.

So, what will we do now with three people who need to be killed? Time to split up the shooting votes, it seems~~~~.

Ice should use her first trait on Sean (though maybe she won't, since she has no real incentive to). That, with wst's double-shot (I'm assuming that's a trait?) should be enough to knock out Sean unless he has much more health than I imagine.

Everyone else who isn't one of the 3 voting for Kyo (to prevent a kill-block with the Zeta votes) can shoot Ice. ^^

And no. I want to kill wst every game. And I haven't been wrong yet. Except this one, unless he's Assimilated/the Host. But I haven't had an overwhelming desire to kill him either.

I've only been considered "fishy" this phase because of Kyo's framing. And as we all know by now (assuming the message I received to be true), he's out to get me because I suspected his partner.

I thought a great man named DayDreamer (hi!) mentioned that there's no such thing as a proven innocent!

I'll switch to shooting Seanzilla near the end if the votes seem stable. I think we'll need 4 votes at least, considering Kyo's vote for Seanzi negating one of ours and a second Zeta going around.

Edit: I suppose we only need three votes.

Sean was totally gunning for Ice in the first round. Now he's miraculously been turned into an Assimilated during the day when I've just happened to choose to Investigate him?

Now I'm convinced of two things:

1. Ice is the second Zeta.

Woohoo

I get your bus comment now... but why didn't you just state it straight-out? -___________-

*rolls eyes* I am also convinced of two things. One, the complete lack of logic in your assumptions and utter destruction of trust that I had in you being a soldier. And two, the fact of how much I will be glaring at everyone should I be removed from this game through death. And saying "I told you so". That line will be said a lot by me. Just sayin. Just. Sayin. But until people buy into your.... whatever you call this. False accusations, I guess. Ima go be helpful in winning this game for the soldiers. As I have been. This whole game.

Eth, I agree, wait until the end of the game nears just to be sure BUT PLEASE DON'T FORGET.

I will also move to shooting and hope Sean has only 3 health points. Unless West's "Twice" actually is a power he has and makes it a double shot, in which case Sean should die even with 4 HP.

All assuming Shadow changes his vote.

If he doesn't... hm o.o if he doesn't, what? I don't wanna waste my trait unless needed and now seems a bit early... any inactive stalkers wanna, ya know, HELP OUT? -.-

As for votes, I'm wondering if the second Zeta is gonna be stupid enough to come out blatantly like that, so. But then again, it IS their teammate. *sits and watches the tallys*

He didn't state it cause it isn't true. Unless I'm not supposed to know I'm a zeta, which I'm PRETTY damn sure I woulda been notified if I were one.

Edited by Ice