Lady_Fate

Life and Death

2 posts in this topic

Life and Death

1x1

dark fantasy / ?romance?

Plot:

Death meats a Human (maybe even all boy meets girl like...) who strikes a deal to buy themselves more time. The terms are simple; every year, the mortal will provide a stranger's life in exchange for a year of guaranteed immunity form death. essentially, immortality is achievable as long as someone's life is taken. Should the mortal fail to provide a sacrifice, their time on Earth has expired. Intrigued, Death agrees - but curiosity drives Death to further get to know this human.

this is very open to change and suggestion - I'd just like to see where it goes from here.

you can play whichever role you'd like, Death or Mortal - but I would like to request that I play the female. that means you're the male. It doesn't have to be a romance (I do love a good romance, though) - and it can be set in any time frame that suits your fancy. You can give your character any history or motive you'd like, and even choose to be more or less inclined to empathy and compassion. your call on everything but the gender. I so very want to play a girl for once.

also, i want to get this up and going as quickly as possible... usually i spend a month discussing the story structure and building the world with my co-authors... to avoid such lengthy procedures, I'll just ask that you answer the following:

(if it's here, I'm interested in it, so don't be shy)

1) You want to be Death or Human?

2) What time period would you prefer?

3) Central location: New York, Seattle, San Francisco, London, or Rome? choose one. (era permitting, of course)

4) interested in romance?

5) Have our characters already struck the deal; has this ritual been going on every year for a while, now? or shall we begin with the initial introduction to each other and the agreement of the terms?

6) Are you more interested in keeping the story focused on Death and the Mortal, or should we toss in the opinions and mind of this year's Sacrafice? (this could change a lot of the above and might warrant a little more discussion, but might be worth it)

7) Have you anything else to add?

anywho, I'm looking forward to exploring this kind of dark theme; all questions of morality and the worth of one life weighed against another and all... let me know if youre interested!!

Hey, I might be interested in this, i'd like to hash it out in detail over Skype but you might not want me for it so i'll just give you a few details based on the questions you asked:

1) You want to be Death or Human?
Death

2) What time period would you prefer?
Modern Day

3) Central location: New York, Seattle, San Francisco, London, or Rome? choose one. (era permitting, of course)
I don't mind but somewhere fun - America, London or Japan?

4) interested in romance?
Sure, if it goes in that direction/is natural

5) Have our characters already struck the deal; has this ritual been going on every year for a while, now? or shall we begin with the initial introduction to each other and the agreement of the terms? 
I think it would work better with them being separate at the start of the story and striking the deal inside of the first page of the roleplay.

6) Are you more interested in keeping the story focused on Death and the Mortal, or should we toss in the opinions and mind of this year's Sacrafice? (this could change a lot of the above and might warrant a little more discussion, but might be worth it)
I have no idea what you mean, but in terms of the story, I think its good to keep the focus on the main characters, but also feed in sub-plots about different things that might affect them, directly or indirectly. I think the more populated a world is with identifiable NPC's, the better a story often is for it.

7) Have you anything else to add?
I have a good idea of how i'd like to play Death, and yeah, if you wanna hash this out quickly, I can do it over skype. I've added the skype contact you had in your profile, and if you're interested just let me know and we can talk it out, but if it doesnt work out and we dont see eye to eye on it, thats fine too. Whatever you're comfortable with.  :3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead