Alisyn

Play with me~~~

12 posts in this topic

Looking for a casual 1-on-1 roleplay right now. Couldn't really find anything open that interested me, so figured I'd stick up an ad. Copied some relevant info from the roleplayer listings or whatever it's called.

Available Times: Evenings, typically
Post Frequency: At least once a week, hopefully.
RP Preferences:

• Preferred: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy (especially dark), Historical, Medieval, Mystery, Romance (as secondary plot--I play M/M and M/F), Speculative Fiction (utopian/dystopian, apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic, alternate history, etc.), Certain Fandoms/Anime/Manga (feel free to contact me for details)
  • Will do if the plot interests me: Comedy, Reality, Science Fiction
  • Will not do: Horror/Thriller, Pure Romance

Mostly interested in something dramatic, fast-developing (but probably not fast-posting until I warm up to it :P), and generally awesome. In a bit of a dark mood, so something dark-ish would be especially welcome. Romance only if it develops naturally, but nothing explicit if it does (at least for now). No OPs, though. Don't know how to handle those. D;

Other than that, I'm fairly open to ideas.

HIT ME!

More specific/detailed, the better. ^^

I'm interested! A lot of open RPs have been more on the comedic side, which don't get it up for me, so anything dark and dramatic sounds excellent. We share a lot of the same RP interests, so genre isn't so much of an issue. Anything dark, gothic, violent, creepy, taboo, occult—I'm all for it.

Just on the off chance we share some fandom interests, what are some that you're into? Maybe we could build an original idea off one of them.

About romance, if it goes into that: I only do M/M.

Hey Dis! Glad you stopped by.

Not really feeling anime/manga (but there's a fairly comprehensive list in my intro/welcome thread if that's what you were leaning towards and feel like digging up), so just going to go into my other fandoms. Primarily Harry Potter and Phantom of the Opera. Also, Tamora Pierce's infinite series (though I haven't followed her newest ones), Golden Compass, Arthurian Legend. Those are just the larger, mainstream ones, though, but if there's something you like that I haven't mentioned, feel free to ask. ^^

As for romance, should be fine, then. I'm more comfortable playing male characters, so it'll be possible if it develops.

I did in fact dig it up—didn't take too long to find, actually. Seems like we have overlap with HP, His Dark Materials, Kuroshitsuji, and Durarara. So if we're not going to do a straight fandom RP, at least we have some basic thematic elements to go on. Primarily dark fantasy (which is obvious, hah).

Just as a quick brainstorm of possible starting points based on the above:

Magicians or witchcraft

Demons

Mythical beings

Urban, modern fantasy

Mysterious disappearances and/or murders

I've been really dry on plots lately, so anything you've got, please throw it at me. Haha.

Urban fantasies aren't really my strong point, but for some reason, I'm kinda interested in one right now? xD

So gotta figure out how to incorporate dark elements into it. ^-^

I don't think they're mine either, but I suppose it's worth a try. : ] I seem to keep jumping into demon RPs, but they're easy enough to work into a contemporary setting. Same with vampires.

Idea 1: I don't know how you feel about action-type plots, but an idea I got was something kind of like Blade, where the fantastical being works with humans dedicated to eradicating his own evil kind. Like a vampire-hunting vampire, or a demon-hunting demon, all while struggling with what he fundamentally is.

Idea 2: we both play some type of fantastical being, and we're the last of our kind in a modern world. It would be increasingly difficult to cope and stay secret.

Idea 3: normal people who get themselves into some kind of supernatural or occult trouble. Maybe gain powers that can be used for good or evil (and one of us goes one route while the other goes the opposite route). Kind of like that movie Chronicle. Haha.

If you have anything, throw it at me. : ]

Hm. I was thinking that we should be partners in.... something. Or relatives, but that would lessen my interest in becoming potential love interests because incest isn't something I do often. It would give us more interactions and stuff to play off of.

For an urban fantasy, I'd prefer to play some sort of fantastic creature rather than human, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to be a human. Maybe there could be some inter-species tension between each other in their line of work? Either fantastic creatures are well-known and discriminated against, or not well-known and have to hide themselves?

Sorry for the late response—been a bit busy!

I like the idea about fantastic beings being well known but not well-liked. I think a relationship with that sort of discriminatory tension would be the most interesting to play out. Just have to think of a situation that would force these two who shouldn't get along to play nice with one another. I wouldn't mind being the human character.

No worries. I understand.

Lol, you don't have to be human. It was just a general idea; they could both be fantastic and face discrimination.

And any line of work would be okay, I'd think, but possibly something that puts them more in the public eye would work better. Is there anything you're leaning towards?

I can't think of anything more public or judgmental than being actors or musicians, but I'm not sure that's the route we'd want to go. Vampire versus fairy rock band? haha....

Public service could work, too? Like, a vampire as a doctor or something? xD

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead