Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Phantasy Star Online II [Surreality Guild!]

161 posts in this topic

Phantasy-Star-Online-2.jpg

What is Phantasy Star Online II?

Simply put, it's a Japanese MMORPG which plays like Monster Hunter with magic. If you know what I'm talking about, you'll enjoy this game. What's notable about this game other than the fast-paced gameplay is the customisability of your character. You can switch classes freely within the game itself, which allows you to try out many different playstyles before finding one which you like. Every player gets a room which you can customise and place furniture in, and you can change your character's appearance too - a large emphasis is placed on aesthetic equipment, as Sanzi can tell anyone.

What are the main classes?

The four starter classes are Hunter (melee), Ranger (ranged), Force (magic) and Braver (melee-ranged hybrid). You can unlock 3 more classes later on, and even set a secondary class to get bonuses from that class.

Is there a Surreality guild? Who is playing PSO2 already?

There is! Currently, the Surreality guild is populated by me, Sanzi, DD and Echelon.

Sounds good! How do I play?

Download the game and register online here.

Download the english patch here.

When registering, create your character in ship 02 because that's where everyone's at. When they ask you for a referral code, type in "12671903".

You might encounter problems with the registration process. Just post your issues here and we'll help you out! 

and you can change your character's appearance too - a large emphasis is placed on aesthetic equipment, as Sanzi can tell anyone.

I am playing Senjougahara, with glasses in Samurai armor; how does it get better than that?

Damn, I want to play, but I'm SOOO LAAZZY!! And this looks like a lot of work and I usually fail at download things of this nature... I played Phantasy Star Online on the game cube forever ago and loved the game, I played that game over and over and over again. 

It's actually less work than it seems. And you'll get to hang with all the cool kids in the Surreality Lounge!

It's actually less work than it seems. And you'll get to hang with all the cool kids in the Surreality Sean's Lounge!

FTFY

sure gimme like 6 months to get an actual working internet connection

I could join you... next year?

Yeah, only available on weekends. Which makes my impulse buying on Steam sales all the more inexplicable.

IT'S NOT THAT MUCH WORK, ERO, YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPARE JAPANESE LETTERS TO A TYPEWRITE AND COPY AND PAST THE LITTLE PICTURES THAT YOU ONLY THINK ARE CORRECT! IT'S NOT THAT BAD!

I HATE YOU GUYS SO DAMN MUCH RIGHT NOW! 

You don't.

You love us.

Or at the very least you love me.

So Ero, did you manage to finish installing? What's your character name? (So I can add you into the cool kids club)

I'll take a gander myself. I LOVE Monster Hunter, so I can't help but fangirl a little when I read the concept you stated before. ^.^

EDIT: after seeing the game now, I want to play EVEN MORE, but looking at all the crazy things I have to do to get the game installed and playable is quite daunting. I'm really hoping I don't destroy my PC while attempting to install this game x.x

You're funny, Tri. I never got past the Japanese captcha. I'll chill in the corner as one of the loser kids and when you guys pick out a game that is REASONABLE to install, let me know!

1 person likes this

Pfff, you can just ask one of us to create the account for you with a generic password >__>

Also Shadow it really isn't that much. Downloading the game is pretty straightforward, it's just creating an account that is annoying.

1 person likes this

No, I really isn't that much. Whatever that torrent thing is, It's gunna take hours to downlaod that -.- and I have my whole account thing setup as of now. I have to download the game and make sure everything is good still (Having taken japanese actually did help some :3)

HUMAN MASTER RACE

That is all.

Also, add me in game if you are playing: Check Your _________

The blank is my ign.

Speaking of that, who is Naberus/Cerbere in the guild?

In fact, you should probably just add a list of IGNs and who they correspond to in the first post of this.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is it Alisyn?

(If it isn't... I just started harassing a random stranger)

1 person likes this

Hmm. Must be a random stranger, I guess. :P

/lol, was considering trolling y'all with that statement, but I decided not to. :D

Customization took FOREVER. D;

And I was worried I couldn't finish the tutorial before I had to get off. xDD

Gonna be playing around figuring stuff out more tomorrow.

Poor Sean. xDD

Yes, it's Alisyn. I accepted your request... I think.

Also got some weird message in Japanese about Time that I couldn't read. Think it had something to do with the referral.